Posting Images To The Forum.

TizMe

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But why do you ignore the way I have written about at least three times in this forum?

The way that is available through Thaivisa's own software:

Using Add This Attachment (look at the bottom of the edit window - scroll if necessary - below the Post Icon Smilies).

1. Click on the Browse...button to select the image on you hard drive

2. Click on Add This Attachment

3. When the edit page has reloaded, place your curser where you want the picture to appear, click on Add into Post

The picture appears reduced in size (but expandable on clicking), thus saving even more bandwidth and the need to involve a third company.

post-1263-1130102218_thumb.jpg

[ Thanks Thomas this way tried and tested great and easy many thank]

macb

• 2 months later...
But why do you ignore the way I have written about at least three times in this forum?

Using Add This Attachment (look at the bottom of the edit window - scroll if necessary - below the Post Icon Smilies).

3. When the edit page has reloaded, place your curser where you want the picture to appear, click on Add into Post

The picture appears reduced in size (but expandable on clicking), thus saving even more bandwidth and the need to involve a third company.

just testing

post-8723-1162966267_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

The new software doesn't appear to allow me to upload attachments. The notification "uploading attachments" is displayed and then the software just appears to 'hang'. Unless it does take longer than 20 minutes to upload a 72 kb file.

Anyone else have problems?

Edited by Yorkie

The new software doesn't appear to allow me to upload attachments. The notification "uploading attachments" is displayed and then the software just appears to 'hang'. Unless it does take longer than 20 minutes to upload a 72 kb file.

It is now apparent that uploading using the Netscape 8.0 browser is not possible but there is no problem using the Firefox browser.

It is now apparent that uploading using the Netscape 8.0 browser is not possible but there is no problem using the Firefox browser.

Hi

I also am having difficulty attaching pics. After a visit to macb I find that he has a section under the icons option which allows him to browse and attach pics.

On my screen this option is missing, how do I correct this or am I 'persona non grata' :o

Any ideas or can a mod fix for me?

TBWG :D

Hi

I also am having difficulty attaching pics. After a visit to macb I find that he has a section under the icons option which allows him to browse and attach pics.

On my screen this option is missing, how do I correct this or am I 'persona non grata' :o

Clear your cache/temp internet files, that should sort it out.

totster :D

Hi

Thanks thats done the trick,

• 1 month later...
Hello, MOD Central. I have a beautiful PPS file with two pics on it that I would like to share at TV. Cannot upload the pps file, so any suggestions for extracting the pics?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Jet

If you are referring to a Power Point Slide show (.pps) then rename it to .ppt then double click to open in Power point and right click on the image and select "Save As Picture". This is assuming you have MS Office installed. If it is not a power point file, need more information.

Hello, MOD Central. I have a beautiful PPS file with two pics on it that I would like to share at TV. Cannot upload the pps file, so any suggestions for extracting the pics?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Jet

If you are referring to a Power Point Slide show (.pps) then rename it to .ppt then double click to open in Power point and right click on the image and select "Save As Picture". This is assuming you have MS Office installed. If it is not a power point file, need more information.

Thanks so much, Tywais. Followed your instructions and posted it (burma thread on general topics). Checked it and thought, darn, it's just a black screen. Well, if you read my posts you'll see my consternation and revelations...

Thanks kindly for the tips. I hate the new MS programs. Nothing is where I am used to it being. Should get a Mac.

Best,

Jet

• 1 month later...
Hi

I've cleared the cache and am on firefox, but it's still not working for me

• 3 weeks later...

Just trying your way. :opost-38007-1173765768_thumb.jpg

Edited by gusG

Just testing to see if it works for me

post-35124-1173771156_thumb.jpg

Just trying your way. :opost-38007-1173765768_thumb.jpg

Where did you get the pool from ? ( Thailand)

• 1 month later...
When I try to upload a picture I receive either the message "server error" or nothing happens.

No picture has been uploaded to the server...

Any help is appreciated

Look at the attachment quota below the upload manager, is there still space left?

When I try to upload a picture I receive either the message "server error" or nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated

Look at the attachment quota below the upload manager, is there still space left?

Yes - there are almost 48 MB left. The picture I try to upload will not show up. Nothing. I have cleared cache, rebooted, turned of the firewall... nothing happens. I could upload pictures in the past but since a few days I receive the server response "server error" or simply no message at all.

It happens with IE and Firefox as well.

Got frustrated already...

Any help is appreciated

Yes - there are almost 48 MB left. The picture I try to upload will not show up. Nothing. I have cleared cache, rebooted, turned of the firewall... nothing happens. I could upload pictures in the past but since a few days I receive the server response "server error" or simply no message at all.

It happens with IE and Firefox as well.

Got frustrated already...

Finally I got things to work. When I reduced the pixel width from 3000x... to 800x600

I could upload! Question: what is the maximum width the server will accept for upload?

Funny: the file size itself was only 400K

Edited by webfact

Finally I got things to work. When I reduced the pixel width from 3000x... to 800x600

I could upload! Question: what is the maximum width the server will accept for upload?

Funny: the file size itself was only 400K

The maximum file size is 2mb - are you sure an image file with a width of 3000 was only 400k.. or is that the file size after you resized it ? :o

More pixels = larger file size

• 4 weeks later...

Just trying this way out to see how it works :o

post-41116-1179426925_thumb.jpg

Whoops, sorry about that, was just trying out the above, I coudnt preview pic before posting, is this normal??

BTW, thats my missus on our/her Papaya farm,,,

Cheers, Lickey.

Yes, this is normal.

Once you add the post, you can then view the attachment.

You still have about 30 minutes left to edit your post once posted.

Hope this helps you.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

• 4 weeks later...

With the new Up-grade, it seems that you Kan preview the attachment now before posting. :D

post-3770-1182166919_thumb.jpg

Try it. :D

Thank you for the changes ThaiVisaDotCom. :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win