Koh Chang

Mossfinn

Going to be in KC in late August, any personal recent recommendations?

Criteria:

4 year old boy loves swimming pool and beach

Beach front Hotel/Bungalow

Good Service/Clean

Walking distance to restaurants

Apart from that open to suggestions

I personally prefer Sea View Resort myself fits all your criteria except walking distance to restaurants....Sea View is out side white sands beach about 10 minute drive

Been staying at this place on and off for nearly 10 year

We went a couple of months back and enjoyed it there. We booked through Clyde at www.i-sitekohchang.com - he'll sort you out with a place to suit your criteria. Alina hotel is very reasonable and walking distance to beach and restaurants, has a pool with kid's area too.

Going back in August also.

I personally prefer Sea View Resort myself fits all your criteria except walking distance to restaurants....Sea View is out side white sands beach about 10 minute drive

Been staying at this place on and off for nearly 10 year

Thank you Peely, I will check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Last November my wife and I stayed at the Emerald Cove. It is a beautful hotel with lusicous grounds and a great swimming pool with a separate play pool for children.

However, the food at the hotel is fairly expensive ($20.00USD for breakfast per person), and although there are a couple of good Thai restaurants just outside the compound, you will get tired of them after two or three days.

The beach is pretty, but has a lot of rocks as you go out into the ocean. Baht buses run frequently to White Sand, but the costs do add up.

I would not stay there again, just because of the hotel's location and the cost of the hotel food.

Good luck and have fun.

RickThai

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am living here on KC and know the island pretty well, I would recommend Kai Bae too you, since the vilage is very kid friendly in general, people are lovely, prices are more moderate than if you go to White Sand Beach, the beach there in "Had Sai Khao" is small and more dangerous, too!

Have three recommendations for you:

www.gardenresortkochang.com,

which a lovely resort (but not on the beach (3 min. walk) Great restaurant (Thai and Farang) and some pretty good, Thai-, Seafood and Farang restaurants close by. Beautiful bungalows, Pool, kid friendly, 2 baby elephants, crocodiles to watch in neighbourhood.

or

www.gajapuri.com,

more quite location, a beautiful, small resort with a small private beach and a pool... all amenities also in walking distance!

or

http://www.kbresort.com,

a lovely family place on the beach with a great pool/babypool, all amenities close by also baby elephants/crocodiles in walking distance...

Have a look!

I hope that this will be of help for you to make a decusuon.

Best,

Tina

• 4 weeks later...

whats the weather been like over the last week? We are Planning on coming mid September. also what is the island like for mosquitoes? they just love to bite me.

with cheap rates at this time of year, Is the Island still busy.

Malc

whats the weather been like over the last week? We are Planning on coming mid September. also what is the island like for mosquitoes? they just love to bite me.

with cheap rates at this time of year, Is the Island still busy.

Malc

We'll be there on the 15th so I'm interested in how the weather has been as well.

Thanks.

Im staying at the new rooms at Cliff cottage Bangbao right now.My third time to stay here. (www.cliff-cottage.com) There has been no rain for the past 3 days. Seas are quite heavy and there is a really nice breeze coming. I even turned off my aircon last night. Not many tourists on Koh Chang at the moment but prices are now flexible. The owner of the resort im staying at gave me buy 2 nights get 1 free for a brand new room.Now is the time to be here if you dont like crowds .

• 1 month later...

What beach bungalows in Lonely beach? Is there a new resort around there?

If you are a backpacker in your early 20's or you took too much LSD back in the 1960's then Lonely Beach is the place for you. Otherwise give that one a pass unless you like being around heavily tattooed, pierced and bearded farangs and stay in rickety old bamboo huts. I really like Had Kai Bae and Had Klong Prao myself. You can find some nice places to stay there.

If you are a backpacker in your early 20's or you took too much LSD back in the 1960's then Lonely Beach is the place for you. Otherwise give that one a pass unless you like being around heavily tattooed, pierced and bearded farangs and stay in rickety old bamboo huts. I really like Had Kai Bae and Had Klong Prao myself. You can find some nice places to stay there.

I understand what you are saying about the stereotyping regarding lonely beach backpackers. I used to live nearby a few years ago and I remember it being the only place that had some decent night life during the rainy season. Well, I'm neither that young nor a druggie, just looking for places to recommend to a group of people in their late 20s early 30s. A chilled out atmosphere with good music entertainment that goes beyond jack johnson and the scorpions. Cheap but clean beach accommodation, that' s why I'm looking for new resorts. The last time I stayed in lonely beach it was in a well established old resort which was way too grubby for my taste. I find kai bae too noisy and with too many shops and families, or has that changed?

I understand what you are saying about the stereotyping regarding lonely beach backpackers. I used to live nearby a few years ago and I remember it being the only place that had some decent night life during the rainy season. Well, I'm neither that young nor a druggie, just looking for places to recommend to a group of people . A chilled out atmosphere with good music entertainment that goes beyond jack johnson and the scorpions. Cheap but clean beach accommodation, that' s why I'm looking for new resorts. The last time I stayed in lonely beach it was in a well established old resort which was way too grubby for my taste. I find kai bae too noisy and with too many shops and families, or has that changed?

Well I stayed in Had Kai Bae during the rainy season (although it only rained one day out of seven) and there was plenty of activity including some live music. I would say that most of the people I met (80%??) staying there were in their late 20's early 30's so your friends should enjoy it. Noisy? No, not at all. So quiet it was unbelievable. Very, very relaxing.

Edited by elektrified

I understand what you are saying about the stereotyping regarding lonely beach backpackers. I used to live nearby a few years ago and I remember it being the only place that had some decent night life during the rainy season. Well, I'm neither that young nor a druggie, just looking for places to recommend to a group of people . A chilled out atmosphere with good music entertainment that goes beyond jack johnson and the scorpions. Cheap but clean beach accommodation, that' s why I'm looking for new resorts. The last time I stayed in lonely beach it was in a well established old resort which was way too grubby for my taste. I find kai bae too noisy and with too many shops and families, or has that changed?

Well I stayed in Had Kai Bae during the rainy season (although it only rained one day out of seven) and there was plenty of activity including some live music. I would say that most of the people I met (80%??) staying there were in their late 20's early 30's so your friends should enjoy it. Noisy? No, not at all. So quiet it was unbelievable. Very, very relaxing.

Sounds good, thanks. I'll look for new resorts there. :-)