How To Go To Chiang Rai (From Bkk)

annilicious

What a great blog!

I loved the kids in the isolated Lao villages, everything was new and exciting to them, particularly foreigners.

My Lao ex girlfriend used to take me to her village and I think every kid for miles around used to come to stare at the falang.

We always sent them on their way with an icecream!

Edited by sceadugenga

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for visit my blog. I wish I could have more time to write it longer and much more detail but I really had less time to do it.

I admit that I'm kinda addicted to volunteer thing since I've been started my first trip to the rural Lahu village in Chiang Rai last year. (will update blog soon for Lahu trip)

It was the best impression. I went for the trip alone but I got many new good friends at the end of the trip. Then it's like volunteer network.

We always have news and volunteer activity and such updated. The more I do volunteering the more I meet good people.

I wish I could do more volunteering but my big problem is I am busy, really busy - can't really find a 4-5 days holiday for volunteer activity.

There many activity that take few days too but my next problem is money. hahahaha+

but anyway, I'm sorta learned more about volunteering and I am now thinking about to have my own volunteer project associate with my network.

like make to trip to rural school, help homeless people, re-afforest and stuff. it's kinda big project tho or I do publicize at least.

hope it goes well and I might ask you for the support.

Doing money donation is good but the best one worth is networking recruitment. trust me. been there done that :)

I, myself, never think that I help those people who need help. But my intention was just to explore the society and the world.

I am curious how earth goes, there should be something unseen. So I need to find it out :)

In every of my journey, I will never know what I'm going to see, where am I going to stay, who am I going meet. And these are kinda excited to me LOL

@Harry - can not take a nap at work ka. I have more than 100+ unread e-mail and many order from my boss.

I started my first day at work with high temperature today too. hate crazy weather T_________T

please take care of yourself and have a wonderful day ka!

5949912366_1c63c1357e.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos! I would have commented on the blog but I didn't see a place for comments, so I'll comment here.

Great blog, hope there's more to come!

Biff

Sorry Biff. At first you had me questioning your progress with Thai but when I clicked on comments, the comment function did not engage. It could be that she just forgot to turn on that functionality for her blog being as this is her first try. I tried two different browsers and the only difference was the annoying soundtrack was not blocked on the second one. The little iPod controls work on that problem however.

The text formatting is in need of a little work as well but overall not bad for a first try.

Thanks for sharing the photos! I would have commented on the blog but I didn't see a place for comments, so I'll comment here.

Biff

Sorry Biff. At first you had me questioning your progress with Thai but when I clicked on comments, the comment function did not engage. It could be that she just forgot to turn on that functionality for her blog being as this is her first try. I tried two different browsers and the only difference was the annoying soundtrack was not blocked on the second one. The little iPod controls work on that problem however.

The text formatting is in need of a little work as well but overall not bad for a first try.

Sorry? The BG soundtrack was annoying? awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. *lil sad*

i like reading blog with the music on tho :)

anyway, i fixed the comment thing already, please try again :D

Biff

Hey, Annilicious . Nice Blog.! ....... Nice Music. ! .... Just do your own thing Girl. ! ...... Don't take notice of anyone on here over 60 unless there your Grandparents or a fully paid up member of the CR Womens Institute ;)

Edited by jubby

Biff

Hey, Annilicious . Nice Blog.! ....... Nice Music. ! .... Just do your own thing Girl. ! ...... Don't take notice of anyone on here over 60 unless there your Grandparents or a fully paid up member of the CR Womens Institute ;)

Do you know any founding members Jubby :)

Biff

i don't really take it serious about that comment tho. it's no big deal. try not to be negative :)

what is CR womens Instituteby the way?

i don't really take it serious about that comment tho. it's no big deal. try not to be negative :)

what is CR womens Institute by the way?

We used to have a saying in the West, “Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.” These days there seems to be a new credo, “Mediocre is marvelous.” ;)

I have been penning a blog for more than four years now and continue to learn, improve and take the advice of those who read my blog and perhaps know a little more than I do.

You struck me as the type, unlike many members, who just might want to improve herself and her abilities, so I made a few minor observations about your blog. If you prefer, however, it is marvelous and perfect the way it is. :)

The problem with the soundtrack thing is not the music..it is great but thw way it comes on when you do not expect it. People at work or browsing the web expect the page to be silent so it is probably good manners to give them that and an option to turn on the sound if they like. Would you like it if you were sleeping and your partner, if you had one went to browse the web in the bedroom at 3am and went to your blog and the music came on full blast?

Nice blog and nice music though.

very good, especially for a first try! I didn't mind the music, as you say, it can be turned off. I find text formatting and placing photos difficult in my blog too. I have to put up with the layouts they offer, but all in all I think it can be ok.

Thanks for the blog, I'll keep checking it for more updates.

Looks like you had a great trip. Good work, well done :)

Edited by bifftastic

Biff

:)

I'm sure it's a work in progress and will be improved with time.

And speaking of bifftastic, here he is.

annilicious, Biff's blog can be found here if you want to peruse it sometime. http://bifftastic.blogspot.com/

It, like yours, is an unpretentious offering, and is some nice, comfortable story telling. And like you, he cannot devote as much time to it as he would like to because he is earning his way into the good life.

Music in a blog. Hmm........ I guess it is yours so you can do what you want, can't you? Pretty good idea, really, when you're wanting to communicate some of your personality into it. I can just see harrry jumping out of his chair at three in the morning when he clicks on the thing with his speaker volume wide open and not sound in the house.

I am pretty fond of what you have written so far and looking forward to updates. I couldn't give a rat's butt about the format, fonts or any of that. I wasn't expecting an art show, I was expecting a blog and a blog it is. Can't wait to see what music you choose for the new material. Keep us posted.

I can just see harrry jumping out of his chair at three in the morning when he clicks on the thing with his speaker volume wide open and not sound in the house.

I am pretty fond of what you have written so far and looking forward to updates. I couldn't give a rat's butt about the format, fonts or any of that. I wasn't expecting an art show, I was expecting a blog and a blog it is. Can't wait to see what music you choose for the new material. Keep us posted.

It is a nice human blog. Looks as if I had better start wearing pyjamas kandahar :rolleyes:

In the blogging world you will indeed come across the occasional unsophisticated reader but more often than not yours will not be the first blog they have read.

A perusal of the following WebSite will let you see what 250 other Thai related blogs look like and the kind of subject matter they deal with.

Your comment page is now functional. Biff true to his word, is following your blog as can be clearly seen.

Your writing style and punctuation is very similar to what I have seen among my wife's friends on Facebook. You have a nice photojournalistic approach and along with all the cat stuff, your blog has a very distinctive female touch.

Sometimes one can have too many images of the same thing. Choosing your best landscape shot of the three, for example, may help to focus the attention of your reader.

Lastly I have no idea how you came up with the phase “to kill them out” though many other errors are what one might call typical Thai English. Good luck with your blog if you choose to continue down this path. :)

Me too, I don't write every day. Only when I have something to share.

For me, it's not something I feel the need to pursue, as an end in itself. More a record of things that happen to me that I feel are significant. If others read and enjoy them too, that's a bonus, for them! The main purpose is for me to have a record of these events, something for me to look back on.

I was very pleased to see the photos of your trip because your first inquiry as to the best way of getting to Chiang Rai got me interested in the reason for it :)

The internet is a wonderful thing.

There are lots of types of blog. Many of us prefer the informal homely blog which shows that it comes from you to the polished products of some people.

Keep posting annllicious I for one will look forward to seeing some more of your life and feelings.

Me too, I don't write every day. Only when I have something to share.

For me, it's not something I feel the need to pursue, as an end in itself. More a record of things that happen to me that I feel are significant. If others read and enjoy them too, that's a bonus, for them! The main purpose is for me to have a record of these events, something for me to look back on.

I totally agree with you!!! :)

There are lots of types of blog. Many of us prefer the informal homely blog which shows that it comes from you to the polished products of some people.

Keep posting annllicious I for one will look forward to seeing some more of your life and feelings.

i feel insane today and put some crazy thing on my blog.

My heart is in somewhere around Chiang Rai and Laos :(

my purpose to write the blog is kinda scatter

to share and to release my feeling..

quit don't wanna make it best but do it for my demand.

thanks for all comments by the way ka :)

I hope one day that my spoken and written Thai comprehension is as good as the english prose in your blog :)

i feel insane today and put some crazy thing on my blog.

My heart is in somewhere around Chiang Rai and Laos :(

It's like that when you have to go back to work after a nice trip.

I work in London and come to Thailand when I can. Now that I've done it about six times, I'm ready for 'the blues' when I get back so they're not so bad.

I hope you can find some more balance between work and the rest of your life. I know it's hard to do, but it will be worth it :)

Good luck,

Biff

@Garry keep using Pa Sa Thai as much as you can and don't be shy. don't let anyone judge your pa sa thai skill but yourself. this is all my trick :D

@ biff maybe I just feel neglected by my boss that he never find someone to help me. I work almost 15 hours from mon-fri and also Saturday but there's still piles of paper on my desk.

i want a social life. want the actual friends who can be with me not those one who talk to by the facebook or blackberry ...sigh

started to be emotional now.

gotta leave the office before i start to be a drama queen.5555+

@Garry keep using Pa Sa Thai as much as you can and don't be shy. don't let anyone judge your pa sa thai skill but yourself. this is all my trick :D

@ biff maybe I just feel neglected by my boss that he never find someone to help me. I work almost 15 hours from mon-fri and also Saturday but there's still piles of paper on my desk.

i want a social life. want the actual friends who can be with me not those one who talk to by the facebook or blackberry ...sigh

started to be emotional now.

gotta leave the office before i start to be a drama queen.5555+

Yes, it must be hard to work so hard and still have more work on your desk when you leave!

I think you need to talk to your boss about hiring some more people to help you!

If they won't you need to get a different job.

You will burn yourself out if you do this for too long! Everybody wants to work well and keep the boss happy, but if you work too much and never achieve anything, it's no good!

Tell your boss you can only work 10 hours a day next week, because you have things to do for your family. Stick to it, and leave after 10 hours. Make yourself go home and relax! Your work will pile up even more but then you can talk to the boss and tell him, or her, that your work is too much for one person. The next week do the same, 10 hours maximum every day. It's enough! if you do 15 hours a day you will not be able to work for very long, after a while you will be burnt out!

You need to rest and a company that wants to be successful should understand that. If they don't care, then you should leave.

I think you will feel better if you do something about it to make it change. If this company won't change then you need to leave. If you do not leave you will be too sick to work and will have to leave anyway.

I had a girlfriend before that worked too much, in the end she had to go to hospital and couldn't work for about 3 months.

Make a change, you'll feel better.

I hope you can do it! :) You do all this work and still want to volunteer and go up to Laos, I think you're a really brave person, I hope you can get better work and feel happy :)

Good luck! :)

Sadly Biff, her situation is not all that uncommon. We know several girls in Bangkok who work just as hard but fortunately are well compensated for their time and the company pays for the occasional hospital visits. Some have found moving to a new job doesn’t help much and sometimes adds to the stress.