BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
annilicious

How To Go To Chiang Rai (From Bkk)

Air Asia would be my choice

ditto on the cheap flight:

post-6366-0-37857600-1309230513_thumb.jp

thanks for the advise but i have decided to eliminate the airplane and take the bus.

gotta take the save one tho :)

My wife has taken the bus many times on that route, but I can't remember the name of the company! I see the bus all the time in Chiang Saen...sorry can't remember!

have a good trip and enjoy your volunteering! :)

If you can, it would be nice to see some photos after you get back!

Try Siam First Tour, VIP cost 672 BAHT (BKK-CR) and look at the link below for pictures.

Siam First Tour <--- pictures

If you plan to cross to Laos, so maybe you should book a ticket that go straight to Chiang Khong. Where will you be crossing the border?

For direct route BKK-Chiang Khong cost standard price 634 BAHT and VIP 739 BATH.

Their website.

http://www.siamfirst.co.th/index.asp

Edited by konjianghai

Another website to check all bus route, reserve - buy ticket ect.. P.S only in TH language though.

You can choose your main station in BKK, final destination (provincial or district) , various Bus company to pick.

http://www.thairoute.com/homepage/

Oh Siam First leave from Mo Chit and from their Main Garage at Wat Samian Naree. Contact them for more info.

Edited by konjianghai

Thank you khonjianghai for your advise.

But I booked the round trip ticket with Sombat Tour already :(

I will arrive Chiang Rai around 4 in the morning so what should I do while waiting for other people in 8am?

any recommend?

and I also have to wait for the bus back to bkk on 17th around 8pm.

i might have 4 hours available before leaving Chiang Rai.

by the way, i went to Chiang Rai last year for volunteering in early morning and I just had a great coffee around Por Khun Meng Rai monument.

and that was all i do before leaving to the mountain.

I will arrive Chiang Rai around 4 in the morning so what should I do while waiting for other people in 8am?

any recommend?

by the way, i went to Chiang Rai last year for volunteering in early morning and I just had a great coffee around Por Khun Meng Rai monument.

As the bus terminal is about 6km out of town and CR is not the liviest at that time of the morning I think it may be best to just sit and wait and read.

On the way back I am sure you will find something for 4 hrs but if you like my wife and I could give you a quick drive round the town if you do not mind old people. PM me if you do not get a better offer.

any recommend?

As the bus terminal is about 6km out of town and CR is not the liviest at that time of the morning I think it may be best to just sit and wait and read.

On the way back I am sure you will find something for 4 hrs but if you like my wife and I could give you a quick drive round the town if you do not mind old people. PM me if you do not get a better offer.

ok, maybe reading in a good coffee shop is the best one

I would love to do the tour and I don't mind old people but my plan was walking down the street and feel CR life with my backpack :D

Thank you for your offer. I appreciate that :)

any recommend?

ok, maybe reading in a good coffee shop is the best one

I would love to do the tour and I don't mind old people but my plan was walking down the street and feel CR life with my backpack :D

Thank you for your offer. I appreciate that :)

A 2hr Massage in Jetyod Rd would be my way of losing a couple of hours, followed by breakfast in the Thai-Chinese restaurant that is near by .

@sunholidaysun1

Noted with thanks ^_^

Ill try to look for them

Leaving bkk in the evening and leaving thailand tomorrow :)

Have a good trip! Don't forget your camera!

I look forward to seeing the photos :)

Getting in so early at about 4 or 5 am, stop by the WCH Hamburger downtown near the old bus station.

They are open 24 hours days a week. They shoulc have coffee, liquid refreshments, and maybe even a western style reakfast.

Or Pizza or Burgers if your so inclined.

They also have a couple of Big Screen Tv's with True UBC programing.

Just an idea to help pass time until you meeet with your friends or group.

I no longer endorse the Thai chinese restaurant after eating there for many years due to recent Farang overpricing and their attitude toward foreigners.

It may be possible to get a thai massage in the old town area, but not sure where at these early hours.

I am back! Thank you very much for all of you for the instruction.

made the best trekking trip to Chiang Rai and Laos again :)

I also post my first blog with my wrack English and amateur photography there, feel free to visit at any time :)

http://annythesillicat.blogspot.com/

5949368005_268e8c316a.jpg

Edited by annilicious

Well done Anna. I enjoyed reading your blog.

Hope you get many chances to meet your new friends again.