BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
annilicious

How To Go To Chiang Rai (From Bkk)

What a great blog!

I loved the kids in the isolated Lao villages, everything was new and exciting to them, particularly foreigners.

My Lao ex girlfriend used to take me to her village and I think every kid for miles around used to come to stare at the falang.

We always sent them on their way with an icecream!

Edited by sceadugenga

Glad you had a good trip...the kids look great....

Never mind..after the bus trip back you can catch up youir sleep at work :rolleyes:

Nice report on the blog, nice pics. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for visit my blog. I wish I could have more time to write it longer and much more detail but I really had less time to do it.

I admit that I'm kinda addicted to volunteer thing since I've been started my first trip to the rural Lahu village in Chiang Rai last year. (will update blog soon for Lahu trip)

It was the best impression. I went for the trip alone but I got many new good friends at the end of the trip. Then it's like volunteer network.

We always have news and volunteer activity and such updated. The more I do volunteering the more I meet good people.

I wish I could do more volunteering but my big problem is I am busy, really busy - can't really find a 4-5 days holiday for volunteer activity.

There many activity that take few days too but my next problem is money. hahahaha+

but anyway, I'm sorta learned more about volunteering and I am now thinking about to have my own volunteer project associate with my network.

like make to trip to rural school, help homeless people, re-afforest and stuff. it's kinda big project tho or I do publicize at least.

hope it goes well and I might ask you for the support.

Doing money donation is good but the best one worth is networking recruitment. trust me. been there done that :)

I, myself, never think that I help those people who need help. But my intention was just to explore the society and the world.

I am curious how earth goes, there should be something unseen. So I need to find it out :)

In every of my journey, I will never know what I'm going to see, where am I going to stay, who am I going meet. And these are kinda excited to me LOL

@Harry - can not take a nap at work ka. I have more than 100+ unread e-mail and many order from my boss.

I started my first day at work with high temperature today too. hate crazy weather T_________T

please take care of yourself and have a wonderful day ka!

5949912366_1c63c1357e.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos! I would have commented on the blog but I didn't see a place for comments, so I'll comment here.

Great blog, hope there's more to come!

Biff

Edited by bifftastic

Thanks for sharing the photos! I would have commented on the blog but I didn't see a place for comments, so I'll comment here.

Biff

Sorry Biff. At first you had me questioning your progress with Thai but when I clicked on comments, the comment function did not engage. It could be that she just forgot to turn on that functionality for her blog being as this is her first try. I tried two different browsers and the only difference was the annoying soundtrack was not blocked on the second one. The little iPod controls work on that problem however.

The text formatting is in need of a little work as well but overall not bad for a first try.

Biff

Sorry Biff. At first you had me questioning your progress with Thai but when I clicked on comments, the comment function did not engage. It could be that she just forgot to turn on that functionality for her blog being as this is her first try. I tried two different browsers and the only difference was the annoying soundtrack was not blocked on the second one. The little iPod controls work on that problem however.

The text formatting is in need of a little work as well but overall not bad for a first try.

Sorry? The BG soundtrack was annoying? awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. *lil sad*

i like reading blog with the music on tho :)

anyway, i fixed the comment thing already, please try again :D

Biff

Hey, Annilicious . Nice Blog.! ....... Nice Music. ! .... Just do your own thing Girl. ! ...... Don't take notice of anyone on here over 60 unless there your Grandparents or a fully paid up member of the CR Womens Institute ;)

Edited by jubby

Biff

Hey, Annilicious . Nice Blog.! ....... Nice Music. ! .... Just do your own thing Girl. ! ...... Don't take notice of anyone on here over 60 unless there your Grandparents or a fully paid up member of the CR Womens Institute ;)

Do you know any founding members Jubby :)

Biff

i don't really take it serious about that comment tho. it's no big deal. try not to be negative :)

what is CR womens Instituteby the way?

i don't really take it serious about that comment tho. it's no big deal. try not to be negative :)

what is CR womens Institute by the way?

We used to have a saying in the West, “Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.” These days there seems to be a new credo, “Mediocre is marvelous.” ;)

I have been penning a blog for more than four years now and continue to learn, improve and take the advice of those who read my blog and perhaps know a little more than I do.

You struck me as the type, unlike many members, who just might want to improve herself and her abilities, so I made a few minor observations about your blog. If you prefer, however, it is marvelous and perfect the way it is. :)

The problem with the soundtrack thing is not the music..it is great but thw way it comes on when you do not expect it. People at work or browsing the web expect the page to be silent so it is probably good manners to give them that and an option to turn on the sound if they like. Would you like it if you were sleeping and your partner, if you had one went to browse the web in the bedroom at 3am and went to your blog and the music came on full blast?

Nice blog and nice music though.

very good, especially for a first try! I didn't mind the music, as you say, it can be turned off. I find text formatting and placing photos difficult in my blog too. I have to put up with the layouts they offer, but all in all I think it can be ok.

Thanks for the blog, I'll keep checking it for more updates.

Looks like you had a great trip. Good work, well done :)

Edited by bifftastic