Apt Or Condo No Roaches

I was living in BKK in a 7 year old 40K/mo. condo and I still had roaches. Is it really possible to get a place roach free for under 50K or so in BKK? I must say that when I read about people in ridiculously cheap places (under 10 or even 5K), I envision an infestation of such rodents. I have a real problem cohabitating with them and will pay up to not be forced to do so. Any help is appreciated

when I read about people in ridiculously cheap places (under 10 or even 5K), I envision an infestation of such rodents.

Sorry to be contrary to your prejudices, but even most 5K a month places are not infested with roaches.

Perhaps you should look at a place's general cleaning and pest control measures (if any) rather than simply focusing on its price tag. Sounds like you were being had at your 40K pad. :o

As you probably know, in a condo or apartment building, there are many access points for roaches to invade your space from neighbors even after repeated visits from the "roach patrol".

If you owned your condo, it is conceibable that after much effort, you could seal your condo access points so regular pest control measures would keep you roach free.

If you had pest control visits often enough so the poisons never evaporated and thus the "barrier" to roaches was never absent, their might be hope.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I envision an infestation of such rodents"

A roach is an insect, not a rodent. Perhaps that your problem: you're setting mousetraps, and that's not the way you handle roaches. If you spray every couple weeks, you'll be OK.

Edited by expatinasia

I was living in BKK in a 7 year old 40K/mo. condo and I still had roaches. Is it really possible to get a place roach free for under 50K or so in BKK? I must say that when I read about people in ridiculously cheap places (under 10 or even 5K), I envision an infestation of such rodents. I have a real problem cohabitating with them and will pay up to not be forced to do so. Any help is appreciated

Pardon me, I don't want to trivialize your predicament, but I couldn't stop laughing!

It sounded to me that Roaches were sensitive to the amount of rent that you pay.

Well I pay around 10K for my place + utilities, and it isn't infested with rodents, roaches or ants. Well, my place is new and it's just 100 meters away from Thonglo BTS. Plus, wireless!!!! (Yeah, yeah, yeah --- my place is not as spacious as I would have wanted but, it looks GOOD these days because I spent a lot of dough PERSONALIZING the furnishings and decors.) I also spend tons of cash for insecticides just to be on the safe said.

I certainly see a lot of RODENTS, bigger than New-York RATS, but they live somewhere else. Mostly, in the sidewalk, or other Bangkok Buildings.

I'm ###### lucky!

I have a question. My company is opening a Pest Control franchise in Bangkok. My first question is, I have the option of moving there and covering the Far East from this location.......does anyone recommend living there. Secondly, is there a good market for an American Pest Control company in Bangkok.

Any and all remarks will be welcome.

NEVER seen even one of them in mine. Well, once one of the nefarious flying types tried valiantly to enter thru a window and after a massive battle, I remained master of my domain :D Here's a clue- don't leave ANY foodstuffs (even crumbs) around and put any open dry foodstuff in the fridge. Not so tasty but beats the alternative... :o

post-7171-1136827430_thumb.jpg

Good advice, but do realize that roaches don't require actual food to thrive. They can consume and survive on things such as paper, wire insulation, and soap.

They are found in every country on every continent, including Antartica, but are most abundant in the tropics.

They range in size from 4 mm (.16 in) to 10 cm (4 in) long.

Species of cockroaches existed 300 million years ago and remain practically unchanged today.

Can they be eliminated? No... It's just a matter of controlling their numbers.

Definetely, Bangkok is one of the best location for covering Far East. Plenty and economical air travels to other countries in Far East. Bangkok is almost in the center of between north and south east asia. Relatively friendly people which is important for your living condition.

Plenty of opportunity for Pest Control products. Most of major hotels even Four Seasons and the Oriental in Bangkok are invested with roaches. The streets of Bangkok are invested with roaches of myriad sizes from small to large.

I am still looking for those non-spray roaches killer that roaches would consume as a bate and latter they will brought the killer bate to their nests to eradicate the entire roaches, but cant seem to find it here. Pest Control products are rather basic and mostly are spray products which I dont like to use. Anyone knows where to buy those killer bates for roaches?

I have a question. My company is opening a Pest Control franchise in Bangkok. My first question is, I have the option of moving there and covering the Far East from this location.......does anyone recommend living there. Secondly, is there a good market for an American Pest Control company in Bangkok.

Any and all remarks will be welcome.