Immigration Office In Khon Kaen?

rexall

Mon 17 Oct 05, 11:05 a.m.

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm what I read on another forum?

There will be a new, part time immigration "office" in Khon Kaen at the Kosa Hotel every Friday beginning Fri 4 Nov 05.

Also, is it a fact that the part time office in Udon was shut several months ago?

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated!

Aloha,

Rex

Thu 20 Oct 05, 9:00 p.m.

Hi again,

Sorry to be a pest, but has anyone been able to confirm new Thai Immigration "office" opens next Fri 4 Oct 05 at Kosa Hotel?

Tomorrow, I have to go to Udon to see the Amerikans, and then on to Nong Kai to see the Thais. Would love to skip that Udon-Nong Kai bus ride if I can just get the job done in Khon Kaen next week.

Thanks for any info.

Aloha,

Rex

• 2 weeks later...

have been at kosa today, the information is not correct.

there is no immigration office.

tourist police called immigration nong khai and udon thani, they have been told that there never had been plans to open an office in khon kaen.

have been at kosa today, the information is not correct.

there is no immigration office.

tourist police called immigration nong khai and udon thani, they have been told that there never had been plans to open an office in khon kaen.

I have been to the Kosa today also, wasted journey...onto Nong Khai I go....

:o

• 2 weeks later...
like some years ago:

it had been said they are planning to open an office at sofitel...

i can see it every day  :o

Hi Brew, all,

"They" (meaning Immigration) didn't say anything. In this case the information was not only completely false, it seems to have been a deliberate hoax; some idiot's idea of a funny, funny joke. The original posting circulating around was from someone who claimed first-person, first-hand information:

[NOT TRUE]"I have just got back from Nong Khai Immigration Office and they told me that a new Immigration Office is to open in Khon Kaen on Friday 4th November and every Friday thereafter. It was so marked on the Immigration Officer's desk diary and will be in the Kosa Hotel, Khon Kaen.

This is good news for Khon Kaen and the surrounding changwats as it can be a long haul up to Nong Khai.

Please support the new office when it opens and let's hope it stays there.

Nong Khai's telephone number is 042 423963"[NOT TRUE]

When I posted here asking if anyone could confirm, I got a reply back "That's right, mate!" I wonder what that was about?

I live in town not far from the Kosa, so this "joke" was no skin off my nose, but I know people who made a long drive based on what they believed was credible information only to get jerked around.

Not funny!

Aloha,

Rex

Edited by rexall

like some years ago:

it had been said they are planning to open an office at sofitel...

i can see it every day  :o

Hi Brew, all,

"They" (meaning Immigration) didn't say anything. In this case the information was not only completely false, it seems to have been a deliberate hoax; some idiot's idea of a funny, funny joke. The original posting circulating around was from someone who claimed first-person, first-hand information:

[NOT TRUE]"I have just got back from Nong Khai Immigration Office and they told me that a new Immigration Office is to open in Khon Kaen on Friday 4th November and every Friday thereafter. It was so marked on the Immigration Officer's desk diary and will be in the Kosa Hotel, Khon Kaen.

This is good news for Khon Kaen and the surrounding changwats as it can be a long haul up to Nong Khai.

Please support the new office when it opens and let's hope it stays there.

Nong Khai's telephone number is 042 423963"[NOT TRUE]

When I posted here asking if anyone could confirm, I got a reply back "That's right, mate!" I wonder what that was about?

I live in town not far from the Kosa, so this "joke" was no skin off my nose, but I know people who made a long drive based on what they believed was credible information only to get jerked around.

Not funny!

Aloha,

Rex

I wouldn't get to upset Rex, guy probably heard the same rumor as you did believed it to be true, pretty common in the farrang community. At least I hope that is what happened. sorry for your hazzle

Ray sez:  I wouldn't get to upset Rex, guy probably heard the same rumor as you did believed it to be true, pretty common in the farrang community. At least I hope that is what happened. sorry for your hazzle

Hi Ray, all,

I'm not "too upset." As I said it was no skin off my nose personally, but I am perplexed that anyone would find this an amusing hoax to deliberately inconvenience people. Read the original source I quoted: It wasn't a "rumor." The author claimed to have been at the Immigration Office, and told so by an agent, and saw the notation marked in the agent's diary. Theoretically, I suppose there could be yet another layer of explanation--but at face value, it sounds like someone deliberately trying to cause trouble for sport! Shame on you, whomever you are! :o

Aloha,

Rex

This immigration office thing in KK has been going on for years, still hasnt happened.

Last month when I did my 90 day hello, The officer told me that AEK Udon was going to open, haven't seen it yet. I think it was really wishful thinking on his part. I think that nothing is real here until you can touch it and then I would think twice :o

I uderstand your frutration and hope the guy made an honest mistake, but this is just like the AEK Udon opening I don't know