Thaivisa.com's Hamburgers BC

Prajak

We, the NBBG, the Nongkhai Bikers Boys and Girls, wish you "good luck" and our congratulations with the great start of your club ! We will certainly once join your Tour de Chiangrai. Just let me know.......

Prajak

Is this the same group in Nong Kia that us guys in Udon hooked up with a month or so ago?

Hey are you guys celebrating Hondas or Pedal Powered?  I'm looking for rides using foot power in CR.  Anybody interested?  Got t :o o burn off all that apple crumble I ate.

Aichiri Honda was a great guy (OK he didn't spit in the glasses and he didn't avoid the company of women, but that is forgivable).

We are working at it. And who are we?

We are the background of our local super stars (Flupke, Jozef, Roger and good old Luke, who is still quite a little bit younger than Roger).

Now we are with five, slightly overweighted, boys who want to do their best.

Join us, together we could reach unsuspected hights.

PM to Belgian Jozef or myself, we are going to take this seriously.

We are thinking about thirty kms trips around Chiang Rai. The season is perfect now. And the area is at its most beautiful.

Next week we start to think about the definite design of our shirts, which will include some advertising for Thaivisa.com, Hamburger 1 and Bo's Place.

'Chiang Rai Expat United' so to say.

You can't go back now :D

Limbo, Chairman, Secretary General, Treasurer and member of THAIVISA.COM'S HAMBURGERS BC.

Allright, and if it isn't me then it is somebody else.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Drs. Limbo and Joseph are taking biking very seriously, so am I.

I hope I can Join You guys, I am 89 Kg. Hope thats enough to be at the background of the superstars, i promise i will cough and moan all the time.

Hey are you guys celebrating Hondas or Pedal Powered?  I'm looking for rides using foot power in CR.  Anybody interested?  Got t :D o burn off all that apple crumble I ate.

Aichiri Honda was a great guy (OK he didn't spit in the glasses and he didn't avoid the company of women, but that is forgivable).

We are working at it. And who are we?

We are the background of our local super stars (Flupke, Jozef, Roger and good old Luke, who is still quite a little bit younger than Roger).

Now we are with five, slightly overweighted, boys who want to do their best.

Join us, together we could reach unsuspected hights.

PM to Belgian Jozef or myself, we are going to take this seriously.

We are thinking about thirty kms trips around Chiang Rai. The season is perfect now. And the area is at its most beautiful.

Next week we start to think about the definite design of our shirts, which will include some advertising for Thaivisa.com, Hamburger 1 and Bo's Place.

'Chiang Rai Expat United' so to say.

You can't go back now :D

Limbo, Chairman, Secretary General, Treasurer and member of THAIVISA.COM'S HAMBURGERS BC.

Allright, and if it isn't me then it is somebody else.

Give us a when and where and you might be surprized who shows up. Do we get to choose our own shirt ads?

:o Mymechew

• 3 weeks later...

Give us a when and where and you might be surprized who shows up. Do we get to choose our own shirt ads?

:o Mymechew

A couple of years ago we had up to eight regular members of the Alliance Française Bicycle Club of Chiang Rai. We rode on Mondays.

We called it 'surprise-tours' even if the surprise was the same every time.

We started in Maechan, rode to Maesai, had a beer, a noodle-soup and a massage and rode back.

Good for the body, spirit and soul. It gave us wings and a good excuse!

Limbo :D

Many ferangs come to live here and relax.I want them to do some sport.And my opinion is to ride the bicycle c.r is very nice and the roads are perfect if a few people put something on paper then we can start a team and drive when it is possible just for fun and no competition buth it need some organisation so mr.erg i give you a hint put some people around a table.

jozef

Dear Jozef,

Having been mountainbiking here now for more than five years I noticed that most roads around town are getting paved. Today I went to FatFree (the number one bicycle shop in town opposite the 'First Church') and bought a bike with rather normal tyres.

I fell in love with it at first sight.

I am going to to train as hel_l to try to be able to suck Flupke's wheel when he is back.

What about Monday 28 November? Meeting where? Many of us have trucks so we don't have to start in Chiang Rai.

What about the duck noodle soup shop of Khun Sontaya in Ban Pasang and a ride to Maesai?

Who?

Limbo.

Dear Jozef,

Having been mountainbiking here now for more than five years I noticed that most roads around town are getting paved. Today I went to FatFree (the number one bicycle shop in town opposite the 'First Church') and bought a bike with rather normal tyres.

I am going to to train as hel_l to try to be able to suck Flupke's wheel when he is back.

What about Monday 28 November? Meeting where? Many of us have trucks so we don't have to start in Chiang Rai.

What about the duck noodle soup shop of Khun Sontaya in Ban Pasang and a ride to Maesai?

Who?

Limbo.

hey you bikers ,

it is wintertime here , so skiing is preferred :o

all the muscles gone in just a few weeks , why do i do it ?

nothing last forever , gone , like blowing in the wind

Dear senior biker , Mr Limbo , good luck with your new steal (alu ) horse

and the wind from behind

i suggest a trip to Akha Hill , not too far , and you have the opportunity to test your

smallest gear (22 x 34 , i hope )( i suppose you can take a little bit of dirt )

enjoy the view and have a drink there ,

in case it gets too dark , you can spent the night there and enjoy some jungle music

and sure train like hel_l if you want to suck my wheel , i don ' t mind

( maybe some ' power ' pils ? )

post-21441-1132520879_thumb.jpg

Dear Jozef,

Who?

Limbo.

o.k.no problem buth what time and where is the shop located?

Dear Jozef,

Who?

Limbo.

o.k.no problem buth what time and where is the shop located?

You know I'm into motorcycles but following this thread has shown me you guys are just a serious about your addiction as I am. :o:D:D I hope you guys have a great time.

I know Drs. Limbo and Joseph are taking biking very seriously, so am I.

I hope I can Join You guys, I am 89 Kg. Hope thats enough to be at the background of the superstars, i promise i will cough and moan all the time.

OK Erq, 89 is indeed enough, you are listed in the group between 80 and 90 kilos.

Welcome to the club!

Alternatives for coming Monday (group 80 - 90 kilos):

Start at Bo's Place, Den Haa, Ban Hong Or, new prison, road opposite Pattaya Noi, and back over Ban Nam Lat (Limbo for the details).

Start at Hamburger Number 1, crossing the superhighway at Ban Du, new airport area and a nice circle passing the Golden Pine Resort back (Jozef knows the details).

Both tours will be about 30 kms. Start about 9, make that 10, maybe 10.30, o'clock?

The Pasang - Maesai tour might be too long to begin with (about 65 kms).

Limbo.

For Ray23 and others without pushbikes:

Close to Bo's Place is bicycle shop Fat Free. They have all kind of bicycles for rent.

Close to Hamburger 1 is Northern Bike. Same story.

So there is no excuse unless you don't fit in the 80 to 90 kilo group.

But we are prepared to put a finger on the scales :o

Limbo.

For Ray23 and others without pushbikes:

Close to Bo's Place is bicycle shop Fat Free. They have all kind of bicycles for rent.

Close to Hamburger 1 is Northern Bike. Same story.

So there is no excuse unless you don't fit in the 80 to 90 kilo group.

But we are prepared to put a finger on the scales  :o

Limbo.

Sorry limbo I'm farther advanced then the 90 kilo group, we are talking about weight? :D

And I live in Udon

• 2 months later...

Woww interesting activity...i would like to join too but too bad i am not prepared enough... i think if i biking for so long the next day i may can not walk..i need time to warm up myself... didnt run much for long time..only play tennis here (not run much just walk....hahaha) anyway where is Hamburger No.1 ????

Woww interesting activity...i would like to join too but too bad i am not prepared enough... i think if i biking for so long the next day i may can not walk..i need time to warm up myself... didnt run much for long time..only play tennis here (not run much just walk....hahaha) anyway where is Hamburger No.1 ????

Ohh one more thing.. I am only 47 Kg.... can i join?hahahah

• 3 weeks later...
Limbo did it again,after 10 months of retirement he show up and ride with the team about 43 km i was surprised he made a very good average speed go on LIMBO

Thanks Jozef! I liked riding with a team again. It gives an extra motivation.

And it keeps me out of the wind! Riding 45 kms in a team felt like 30 kms solo.

And almost 22 average was a good beginning. Thanks for the stimulus to start again!

It was a beautiful 'parcours' Jozef set out : Through the rice-fields in the area behind the new airport. Chiang Rai is really beautiful and on a bike you are part of the environment.

A pity that the Allmighty didn't iron out these hills, especially the one our Danish friend lives on.

It almost killed me :D .

Maybe it should be mentioned that we start earlier now, namely at 7.30 to avoid the burning sun.

Still on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at the entrance of Sinthanee 5 in Ban Du., which is about fifty meters from "Hamburger Nr 1".

L'Imbo de Pneu :o

PS. For your information: The average speed was 21,7 kms an hour and the average age of the participating members was 56 years :D .

OMG!!!! why the average age number is too hight????? :D

and wow seem like hard biking (for me) :D

To-day, Tuesday, the average age was lower. Two Danish ladies and one Thai lady joined the ranks.

The average speed was also lower, only 19,2 kms an hour, over 51 kms.

But the ladies were certainly not to blame for that :o .

See you on Thursday!

Limbo

I saw a group of biker here at Mae fah luang university this afternoon (almost evening)....

i dont know where they started from...

but anyway im goin to play tennis tomorrow evening at the university? anyone want to join ? i got 2 rackets and many balls here... no practice.. only hard playing... :o

I saw a group of biker here at Mae fah luang university this afternoon (almost evening)....

i dont know where they started from...

but anyway im goin to play tennis tomorrow evening at the university? anyone want to join ? i got 2 rackets and many balls here... no practice.. only hard playing... :o

hi ,

if it was a group of young guys on roadbikes then it sure was the junior team of northern bike shop .

start every day at 17.00 h at the shop on the super highway .

they welcome everybody who wants to ride together

sometimes slow , between 30-35 km/h , sometimes

( in case when they ride the mae fah lauang uni loop ) at full racing speed , an average around 40 km/h

for the tennis , i am not in chang rai at the moment , and when there are balls involved i always need some extra lessons

i ' ll be back in a few weeks

( not too long because i think jozef is planning a challenge )

• 7 months later...