Please Help Urgently

Please, is anyone able to help point me in the right direction. My girlfriend has just been offered a new job which she's very keen to start, but it involves an immediate start. It is at Bangpakog 9 Hospital on Rama 2 Road. I think it's about 1km south of the Expressway, but not certain.

I have to find accommodation for her, that's simple and straightforward (with car parking preferably, but anything will do, as it's so urgent). It has to be reasonably close to that area, i.e. by bus. Cost needs to be up to 4,500 per month, or thereabouts, but flexible on that.

Anything will suffice until she has enough time to look for somewhere permanent. I cannot get up to Bangkok to look because of work commitments.

Please help if you can!!! Thanks so much.... arrhh, so stressful.

I don't know the area too well myself. Is your girlfriend Thai? If so maybe she could find somewhere herself usuing the language? - I usally ask motorbike taxis to scout around for the day to look for good new cheap condos in Bangkok. Just a thought...

Edited by Geekfreaklover

I don't know the area too well myself. Is your girlfriend Thai?

Yes, she's Thai, but quite new to Bangkok. She does tend to rely on me to sort things out, but she's a good girl. Her job offer has just come at a bad time for me, but she's accepted it with a start day the very next day after she's finished at the previous company. She's been working for a company in Bangkok for the past month, in which the boss is a complete slave-driver and keeps her working late into the evening with no paid overtime. So, she's keen to start this new position, as you can imagine! Thanks for the reply.

I hope this can help you :) :

http://www.9apartment.com/vip-en/?apartment_id=10912752139204

http://bangpakokhospital.com/contactus.php

Also, even if your gf might not have the time to go around the area looking for a place, i am sure all the nurses and other staff she will have around might have an endless list of places she might be interested in, also some hospitals rent in "bulk" apartments for their staff, better she ask for this once she's there, good luck! :thumbsup:

even if your gf might not have the time to go around the area looking for a place, i am sure all the nurses and other staff she will have around might have an endless list of places

Yes, she ought to do that really. I have asked her to do this. Thanks very much for your suggestions, I'm not sure what she's going to do tonight, but one way or another she'll need to do something.

We've found a good place, so I'm adding this for the benefit of anyone else who's looking for Rama 2 area. The apartment is called 14-Mansion and it is adjacent to the Bangpakog Hospital, just to its right. The room rate is 600 per night, so is fine just for a short-term place to stay. The car park is just past the hospital's entrance.

Thanks to all.

Edited by smallbear

Wish her good luck from TVF on her new job!

Thanks, that's very kind. She went to get a medical test last night so that she could work there (although the work is primarily in a PR-role - not medical). They took her to the dept. in the hospital and they charged her over 800 Baht! Amazing.