Girl Guides In Chiang Mai?

YorkshireLass

Our family are moving to Chiang Mai from the UK at the beginning of January 2006. Our daughter engages in loads of activities here in the UK which I know she will miss terribly when we move there. Does anyone know if there is a Girl Guide Association meetings in Chiang Mai that she could attend? If not are there any other activities available for a very active 8 year old??

Thanks!!

Girl Guides Assoc. has an "office"; actually a huge building behind Regina Coeli School. Take the soi beside Bon Cafe on Changklan Rd. They have a swimming pool and sell all the girl guide uniforms etc. Not quite sure what else they do there but I think visiting girl guide groups stay there. Most activities happen in the schools which run the girl guide programs.

Thanks for the advice!!!! My daughter will be going to the Prem Center School which I guess from what you have said, she should have a range of after school activities. Would really appreciate the information from your neighbour though EarlofWindermere... thats very kind of you.

:o

There is no independant Girl Guide or Boy Scout organisation in Thailand.

It is all government run.

Every child in school has to be a Brownie/Guide or Cub/Scout.

There is no choice about it.

It is all handled by the teachers, and unless your children go to private

school, there is not a great deal of enthusiasm about the way it is run.

Further to the subject of Girl Guides in Thailand, my sister-in-law back in Australia has a daughter who is a Guide and she would like to trade some Australian badges/patches for some Thai ones.

If anyone is interested, please PM me.