Looking For New Apartment In Bkk

Hi. I live and work in BKK and have a very nice 1-bedroom apartment here - but am beginning to see that I really do need to get away from the touristy/massage parlour area it's located in (Sukhumvit) if I am ever going to feel 'at home' here. I am not looking to move for about 6 weeks or so (mid-August) so have time to look around. Been browsing the internet, but with few 'hits' so far. Can anyone living here help?

My requirements (ideally) are: 1 or 2 bedroom, near BTS - 10 minutes leisurely walk max. I am currently paying 18000 B pcm+ electricity and don't want to pay much over that. Quite like the idea of being near the river - so Saphan Taksin BTS: commute to Siam BTS most days, so direct journey a big advantage. River view nice, but not essential if the flat is good. Much prefer more 'traditional' properties with some character rather than glass and chrome (don't need swimming pool/gym, but DO need good high-speed internet included in price, as I have now; and a/c of course), but am adaptable in that too.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful ..

Thanks,

Yes, I am still looking. Will be in Chiang Mai till 24th though, have to look at places after that..

"Station Sathorn" though? Which is that?

Thanks,

M.

600 meters south of Saphan Tasksin BTS on Charoen Krung 65 off Soi Charoen Krung Called "Station 1 Sathorn". New rental office down stairs next to the store. Very quiet.

• 2 weeks later...