Police Prepare For Election Day Expat Sobriety Riots

george

yes, pure enlightenment! Now I know why Rowan Atkinson has so many fans here, cause his humor is genuinely blissful, of buddha nature, something to howl about for hours the very simplistic mind...

Mr Bean...the worst stuff he ever did, irrespective of how popular it is........Blackadder and Not the Nine O'clock news far better, but couldn't see either going down very well with Thai audiences..

Edited by Soutpeel

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, pure enlightenment! Now I know why Rowan Atkinson has so many fans here, cause his humor is genuinely blissful, of buddha nature, something to howl about for hours the very simplistic mind...

Mr Bean...the worst stuff he ever did, irrespective of how popular it is........Blackadder and Not the Nine O'clock news far better, but couldn't see either going down very well with Thai audiences..

Agreed, Black Adder was my favorite. But, you know...Mr. Bean was one of those things that anybody in the world can get regardless of language. I understand why it's his biggest hit even though it's not his best.

But anyway, wanna get drunk? I'll be at the pub in an hour! No not that pub...the pub behind that pub that will still be open.

laugh.gif

How dare they talk down at us farangs they think we are scum, the bottom of the barrel, unable to spend one waking day without being as drunk as a skunk. Well I got news for you mister who wrtote this degotrtiy, xenophobia BS I dont drink alcolol im tea total a good man so...SHOVE THAT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE PAL!

How dare they talk down at us farangs they think we are scum, the bottom of the barrel, unable to spend one waking day without being as drunk as a skunk. Well I got news for you mister who wrtote this degotrtiy, xenophobia BS I dont drink alcolol im tea total a good man so...SHOVE THAT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE PAL!

That is either tongue in cheek or you seriously need to change your name.

:lol:

You forgot my all-time favorite Yes, Minister :)

....Just a little aside for you 'Wandering Type' , with this screen name you must have something in common with 'Bedouin1990!

..........Oh! Sorry! I see It's 'Wondering type'!

Humour, it's understanding and effects are not always predictable. We have studied the matter and can assure you it's to be taken serious indeed :)

BTW Yes Minister is a satirical British sitcom written by Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn that was first transmitted by BBC Television and BBC Radio between 1980–1982 and 1984, split over three seven-episode series. The sequel, Yes, Prime Minister, ran from 1986 to 1988 and also gave rise to a stage play in 2010. In total there were 38 episodes—of which all but one lasted half an hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Minister

Edited by rubl

Welcome to Thaivisa Forum MrSmart,

Are you sure you doe dring acohol?:burp:

HUH????

degotrtiy, xenophobia BS

Got IM Translator out and it seems to say 'derogatory xenophobic merde de toro'.

Or 'of getting the right tit of Xena, drag- Queen Of The Jungle.whistling.gif

Edited by animatic

Agreed, Black Adder was my favorite. But, you know...Mr. Bean was one of those things that anybody in the world can get regardless of language. I understand why it's his biggest hit even though it's not his best.

But anyway, wanna get drunk? I'll be at the pub in an hour! No not that pub...the pub behind that pub that will still be open.

laugh.gif

At the inauguration I have to wear the Russian Codpiece it always scares the red shirts. laugh.gif

Back to the subject at hand?

Just arrived back in my village from more southern areas after a 3 week holiday and my fridge was bare (of beer)! My wife just sent my 11 year old stepdaughter off on the scooter (with helmet in the front basket) to purchase a case of large bottles. I would have asked for two, (just in case- for tomorrow) but she's only 11! Wrong in so may ways, but I've got my beer to survive! TIT Love it!

Great thread!

The problem is the name "village idiot" is already taken.

Probably took him a good 30 minutes to compose it as well looking for the most hateful words and expressions in the dictionary.

Pity he didnt spend another 5 seconds and look up the word "Satire" while he was at it...:whistling:

laugh.gif

OOPs! Looks like Asilamjimi is off his meds again. I suppose the white-coats will be restricting his Internet rights.

Welcome to Thaivisa Forum MrSmart,

Are you sure you doe dring acohol?:burp:

Hey! It's an ALCOHOL ban! It would appear drugs are optional. He says "im tea total". Maybe he can share some tea with the rest of us so we'll understand what "wrtote this degotrtiy" means.

The problem is the name "village idiot" is already taken.

I think 'village idiot 'is still free. 'Idiotdevillage' is banned.

Just arrived back in my village from more southern areas after a 3 week holiday and my fridge was bare (of beer)! My wife just sent my 11 year old stepdaughter off on the scooter (with helmet in the front basket) to purchase a case of large bottles. I would have asked for two, (just in case- for tomorrow) but she's only 11! Wrong in so may ways, but I've got my beer to survive! TIT Love it!

Great thread!

They sold the beer to your step daughter becasue they knew it was for the farang :D

Great thread!

They sold the beer to your step daughter becasue they knew it was for the farang :D

Taking pity it seems.

.....Its shhhatire!

Unbelievable comments - only in Amazing Thailand

Unbelievable comments

Asianrider, you hit the nail right on the head.

The comments show what a fair number (I did not say all) farangs in Thailand have on their mind, as Sigmund Freud said: “BOOZE and SEX”. I did have a Freud cartoon showing his head with the brain and when you turned the cartoon upside down it showed the bottom part of a female. Sorry, in my working all over the world it has disappeared. I have looked in some of Freud cartoon books, but they are too expensive for my budget.

The action of the Police shows that they have learned from past decades the mentality of a fair amount of farangs. So why should the police say nothing and sit around until shit hits the fan, it is better to be prepared and let the ones who it concerns know that they are.

You forgot my all-time favorite Yes, Minister :)

That show in Thai would be so great, but it just could never be broadcast in Thailand. ;)

I'm afraid you're right. It's the type of humour which doesn't care about position or status. Mrs. Thatcher liked it, she even played in a sketch which she may or may not have helped write. Imagine!

My personal favorite episode is 'Big Brother' about the only time James 'Jim' Hacker got the best of Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"Stage One: Humphrey will say that the administration is in its early days and there's an awful lot of other things to get on with. (Tom really knows his stuff. That is just what Humphrey said to me the day before yesterday.)

Stage Two: If I persist past Stage One, he'll say that he quite appreciates the intention, something certainly ought to be done but is this the right way to achieve it?

Stage Three: If I'm still undeterred he will shift his ground from how I do it to when I do it, i.e. "Minister, this is not the time, for all sorts of reasons."

Stage Four: Lots of Ministers settle for Stage Three according to him. But if not, he will then say that the policy has run into difficulties, technical, political and/or legal. (Legal difficulties are best because they can be made totally incomprehensible and can go on for ever.)

Stage Five: Finally, because the first four stages have taken up to three years, the last stage is to say that 'we're getting rather near to the run-up to the next general election so we can't be sure of getting the policy through'.

The stages can be made to last three years because at each stage Sir Humphrey will do absolutely nothing until the Minister chases him. [he assumes, rightly, that the Minister has too much else to do. The whole process is called Creative Inertia Ed.]"

From

THE COMPLETE YES MINISTER

by

the Right Hon. James Hacker MP

Copyright © Jonathan Lynn and Antony Jay

Great thread!

Taking pity it seems.

I think you'll find that they are attempting to avoid a riot!:unsure:

At the inauguration I have to wear the Russian Codpiece it always scares the red shirts. laugh.gif

;) ....it seems you having a cunning plan...

I've decided to write MY OWN dictionary! Let's see...A...mmmhmm...Aardvark!

Dr. Johnson: (places two manuscripts on the table, but picks up the top one) Here it is, sir: the very cornerstone of English scholarship. This book, sir, contains every word in our beloved language.

Prince George: Hmm.

Edmund: Every single one, sir?

Dr. Johnson: (confidently) Every single word, sir!

Edmund: (to Prince) Oh, well, in that case, sir, I hope you will not object if I also offer the Doctor my most enthusiastic contrafribularities. (or maybe `contrafribblarities', coming from the word `fribble'. A closed-caption decoder would help here.)

Dr. Johnson: What?

Edmund: `Contrafribularites', sir? It is a common word down our way...

Dr. Johnson: dam_n! (writes in the book)

Edmund: Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Dr. Johnson: What? What? WHAT?

Ink and Incapability, Blackadder III

(edit: correct BA-III, not II)

Edited by rubl

;) ....it seems you having a cunning plan...

I've decided to write MY OWN dictionary! Let's see...A...mmmhmm...Aardvark!

Dr. Johnson: (places two manuscripts on the table, but picks up the top one) Here it is, sir: the very cornerstone of English scholarship. This book, sir, contains every word in our beloved language.

Edmund: (to Prince) Oh, well, in that case, sir, I hope you will not object if I also offer the Doctor my most enthusiastic contrafribularities. (or maybe `contrafribblarities', coming from the word `fribble'. A closed-caption decoder would help here.)

Edmund: Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Ink and Incapability, Blackadder II

From the same ......

"Once upon a time there was a sausage called Baldryick and he lived happily ever after"

"Sausage? SAUSAGE!?!?!!"

Ok off topic but we need a bit of humour to prepare for the next few weeks of doom and gloom xx

From the same ......

"Once upon a time there was a sausage called Baldryick and he lived happily ever after"

"Sausage? SAUSAGE!?!?!!"

Ok off topic but we need a bit of humour to prepare for the next few weeks of doom and gloom xx

No offence, but my version says

Baldrick: And *this* is mine (takes a small piece of paper from the front of his trousers). My magnificent octopus.

Edmund: (takes it) This is your novel, Baldrick? (unfolds it)

Baldrick: Yeah -- I can't stand long books.

Edmund: (reads) "Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called `Baldrick', and it lived happily ever after."

Baldrick: It's semi-autobiographical.

Edmund: And it's completely utterly awful. Dr. Johnson will probably love it.

I'm getting CMN reports that some falang have got off their couches in a sober rage and are driving taxis around to let the local taxi drivers vote.

Reports state the taxis are arriving without hitting too many potholes and falang are giving change if passengers only have 100 baht bills.

service is limited to Sukhumvit and Silom tanoons.

Edited by Head Snake

From the same ......

"Sausage? SAUSAGE!?!?!!"

No offence, but my version says

Baldrick: And *this* is mine (takes a small piece of paper from the front of his trousers). My magnificent octopus.

Edmund: (takes it) This is your novel, Baldrick? (unfolds it)

Baldrick: Yeah -- I can't stand long books.

Edmund: (reads) "Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called `Baldrick', and it lived happily ever after."

Baldrick: It's semi-autobiographical.

Edmund: And it's completely utterly awful. Dr. Johnson will probably love it.

I was running on memory from the TV from back in the 80's? Never offended Rubl or I would have stood on a bucket with a frog on my shoulder and gone "Wibble" at passers by ....... Black Adder 2