BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Police Prepare For Election Day Expat Sobriety Riots

You still haven't figured out that this is a joke. Further proof that TV members are not renown for their intelligence.

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realise the ban on alcohol sales was a joke.

What a low and arrogant opinion some Thais have of us. I wonder how they would feel if we all just left and took our money with us.

Got to the bottom of the class and go back and read the article again a 100 times...:rolleyes:

"The EC has launched an educational campaign by posting messages on Thaivisa.com, reminding expatriates of the alcohol ban and suggesting that they host ‘Election Parties’ in their apartments." What a great idea, everybody do that and invite as many Thais as you canrolleyes.gif

I could care less, but feel bad for restaurants and clubs that rely on alcohol sales to pay their employees.

Thanks George, you gave me a good laugh :lol

Well done! How many remember the April 1st story? That had people climbing the walls.

All kinds of people still believe it too. :lol:

That said, most of what I said holds water.

No, it doesn't.

Of course it does:

The "report" does say that well prepared ex-pats can sit at home with a case of beer and a dvd, if this report is true it just shows what a poor view the police have of the ex-pat community in Thailand. OK, I got that wrong, or did I? I for one enjoy eating a Sunday Lunch in a Bangkok restaurant with a glass of wine, not sure if that makes me an alcoholic, but whilst I will probably still have my lunch, this week I will have to wash it down with a glass of coke. True

What is a pity, is that the Thai Authorities don't trust their own nationals to vote responsibily if they have had a drink in the preceding twelve hours. True

I'm sure the tourists from around the word, who of course cannot vote, will be happy not to have a drink late tonight and all day tomorrow in the full knowledge that no Thais motorcycle taxis riders will be drinking whiskey by the roadside, no Ma and Pa shops will be selling to those have run out at home, so that the electors can vote with a clear head. True

Thai friends of ours have a bar in Chiang Mai, they are already complaining about the money they lost last weekend, what they will lose this weekend and for what they will lose in the upcoming Buddhist Lent. True

So what exactly doesn't hold water?

Edited by theoldgit

I did'nt know there was an election what time do the polling booths open -- I don't want to be late casting my vote.

Farang cant vote of course,--so when the police come round would it be impossible to see the Falang and Thai drinkers.

I don't remember ever ever seeing a Thai drinker in the go go bars or any bar that I might go to,--ever.

Could be an article of notthenation.com

No sh*t sherlock.:huh: ......it says so at the bottom of the article...

As part if Thailands efforts towars improving its literacy rate nationally, they should consider setting up a remedial English language course on TV as well while they are at it....:rolleyes:

I for one put my hands up to missing the word satire, and as I said, good one George.

However I wish I was as perfect as some of the other posters.