Police Prepare For Election Day Expat Sobriety Riots

george

I got taken in by the article and the fact I got taken in amused me, I put my hands up to the fact and took it with good grace, but why oh why do some posters have to post such obnoxious replies?

i know. how could the fact of not spotting a dodgy article that in truth could be perfectly true contribute to the fact that ones gf or wifr be cheating on them ........ i will be for the sake of world piece withdraw my tosser remark

khaaw thoht khrapjap.gif

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"bars and restaurants from 6pm Saturday to midnight Sunday. The 36-hour period"

Always knew that they use another, unknown to mankind, counting method. For me this is only 30 hrs, but then....

....may be it is part of the satire.

proably be a curfew in place next week so good practise closing the bars, hopefully yellows will leave airport alone have to go back to UK in a few weeks. my mobiles been going crazy today from "friends" in Pattaya then i fugured enforced holiday for 2 days. still make hay whilst sun shines and all that.

for the ploice will be giving the tourist areas the toughest scewteny, cant have any money spending tourist spending money whilst the elctroate are all out getting smashed at local bars in the sticks. DHs

Come on you RED S :D

edit PS yes got me to because its a belivable story in Thailand.

Edited by NALAK

Quote: “For many of these men, 36 hours without a drink and the company of a rented Asian female represents something unacceptable, terrifying even,” said Noppawan Rangkulan, sociology professor at Thammasat University. “Sobering up means becoming momentarily aware of their graying bodies and emotionally hollow lives. What we think of as an alcohol-free night represents an existential crisis for them.

Its not only some Farang that are rude and opinionated, it spreads throughout humanity, As you see others so thats how they see you

You still haven't figured out that this is a joke. Further proof that TV members are not renown for their intelligence.

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realise the ban on alcohol sales was a joke.

Sir! Please calm down. Don't incite a riot.

whistling.gif

we all know Thais dont drink alcohol ......... they are never drunk ...behave perfectly in the society and never cause troubles ..... oh are we talking about farang here ? Oooops ...... that is the most stupid things I have seen today so far .... :lol:

I really thought farang was not part of those elections ....

We are! As some of us decided to live here - and so we have to follow the Thai laws! And that's good.

If Thais are following the laws or not - we don't have to care about it because it's not our business!

I am living and working here in Thailand since a year now.

What I really can't stand aren't any Thai laws or police checkpoints. No. I am really getting bored of foreign guests (that what we are here) complaining about nearly everything!

Nobody forced you to come to Thailand, it was your own, free decision! If you don't like Thailand anymore - go back home! It would make life here much better.

Shut up or go home... heheee, you been in Thailand SINCE a year now, and you just love everyhing, and all the Thai people treat you as they do other Thais, right??

:blink:

Not so sure shut up and go home, after all he has been here 1 year already.

After you have been here 7 years and after you have been cheated, after you can see through those sparkling eyes, after you have been fined 50 time for driving correcetly, after you call out the police because someone done something against you and the police smile and tell you to give them 10.000 bhat, Then you can say we are guest

Guest are treated with a little respect my friend, wait and see

how do high ranking police officers and government spokes people get away with remarks like this. its not the first time and constantly insult foreign visitors. can you imagine a western government blaming everything on there visitors. the truth is that thailand would not be far ahead of laos if it wasnt for those skanky farang alcholic's

Satire

whistling.gif

I went to my local Thai bar last Saturday when there was an alcohol ban. There were only two other customers there, and the owner, who speaks excellent English, told me that they had requested two beers when they arrived. She apologised and said that she could not serve alcohol because she was afraid that the "******* police" would raid the bar and fine her. At this point, the customer said,flashing his ID, "Don't worry, we are the ******* police. Just put it in a paper cup and it will be alright."

And we all lived happily ever after.

I am so angry, how dare they treat us like this, we are not animals that can be herded around. I know I wont survive this callous behavior.

Has anyone actually tried the intravenous drip treatment? does it really work? I am scared its un-tested and what happens if the alcohol is tainted with coke-cola or other deadly contaminants? Are the nurses and hospital staff available for followup treatment such as unprotected sex? all these questions need to be answered otherwise I may be forced into doing something very desperate, god knows what I will do! I might knock off a policemans hat so I get locked up and gain access to a huge unlimited menu of ilegal substances for the weekend and plenty of sex to boot.

:o

Good points all. It's okay to drip alcohol into the blood, but if any Coca Cola gets in there it creates a risk that your head might explode due to the fizzy carbonation.

Trust me. I'm a doctor and an alcoholic.

wink.gif

I read this title and think to myself this has to be a joke right...

then I see Satire in the headline.

But what I think is funny is for a moment I would have believe it true as well.

TIT

expect the unexpected

The term "Truth is often stranger than fiction" is more of rule here.

So this law was imposed to keep farangs in order and to prevent them disrupting the election. Do farangs really consider this period any different to any other period? Why blame the farangs? I would like to see the stats on farangs V thais rioting in the streets about thai politics.

Voltaire would be proud, there really isn't enough good satire anymore. Nice of them to make the note in bright red so no one missed it!

It would indeed be good satire but I am afraid it is more stupidity. They act like this is one of the biggest threats to the country.

During elections there will be bigger problems than a few farang getting angry about not getting alcohol.

In the article they stigmatize the whole farang and expat community.

I for one don't like pattaya or everything that has to do with drinking and bar girls. But if they have a problem with that maybe they have to change there policy.

Grtz.

Voltaire would be proud, there really isn't enough good satire anymore. Nice of them to make the note in bright red so no one missed it!

It would indeed be good satire but I am afraid it is more stupidity. They act like this is one of the biggest threats to the country.

During elections there will be bigger problems than a few farang getting angry about not getting alcohol.

In the article they stigmatize the whole farang and expat community.

I for one don't like pattaya or everything that has to do with drinking and bar girls. But if they have a problem with that maybe they have to change there policy.

Grtz.

Debbie Downer.

blink.gif

I do remember last time when there was this kind of "non alcoholic time" 'cause curfew some ex-pats went really crazy with their opinions. They were calculating hours to the bar and how many hours they could drink before ban starts...this is so so so mad and crazy!!!! I do not wonder anymore why they have been taking visas under serious consideration!!! Thanks guys! And by the way; why can't you buy this "fuc_king medicine" you all seem to need so desperately e.g. on Friday? And if someone think my opinion is funny so where the hell and why Thai Police had this idea?

Actually it might be fun for all the expats to descend on Pattaya, barricade ourselves inside all the beer bars and refuse to leave until....all the beer is gone.

That ought to give the Nation something to write about.

we all know Thais dont drink alcohol ......... they are never drunk ...behave perfectly in the society and never cause troubles ..... oh are we talking about farang here ? Oooops ...... that is the most stupid things I have seen today so far .... :lol:

I really thought farang was not part of those elections ....

We are! As some of us decided to live here - and so we have to follow the Thai laws! And that's good.

If Thais are following the laws or not - we don't have to care about it because it's not our business!

I am living and working here in Thailand since a year now.

What I really can't stand aren't any Thai laws or police checkpoints. No. I am really getting bored of foreign guests (that what we are here) complaining about nearly everything!

Nobody forced you to come to Thailand, it was your own, free decision! If you don't like Thailand anymore - go back home! It would make life here much better.

I don't know where you're coming from, but I think they must be very lucky of getting rid of persons like "senior teachers".

Unless the return to your country wouldn't be refused for that reason, I recommend you to return as quick as possible. You wouldn't "really getting bored of foreign guests (that what we are here) complaining about nearly everything! " in future, and, " It would make life here much better" for us without having smartasses surrounding us.

I do not wonder anymore why they have been taking visas under serious consideration!!! Thanks guys! And by the way; why can't you buy this "fuc_king medicine" you all seem to need so desperately e.g. on Friday? And if someone think my opinion is funny so where the hell and why Thai Police had this idea?

The Thai Police didnt have this idea..Notthenation did.....lets say it slowly once again...... S....A....T....I...R...E........ a joke, a p*ss take, a parody, a send up, a spoof, a lampoon.....:whistling:

Three posts deleted, next one to throw an insult gets thrown out.

Well CD we can see how grouchy they get without their daily anesthetic. And it isn't even Saturday evening yet.

;)

Edited by animatic

I do not wonder anymore why they have been taking visas under serious consideration!!! Thanks guys! And by the way; why can't you buy this "fuc_king medicine" you all seem to need so desperately e.g. on Friday? And if someone think my opinion is funny so where the hell and why Thai Police had this idea?

The Thai Police didnt have this idea..Notthenation did.....lets say it slowly once again...... S....A....T....I...R...E........ a joke, a p*ss take, a parody, a send up, a spoof, a lampoon.....:whistling:

Well, I'm on angry mood anyway....but, did I really got this too seriously????? So there is no extra work for Police 'cause of farangs???? Wups!

Even Notthenation couldn't have thought this bit of nonsense up:-

[Voters are warned against wearing shirts showing any candidacy number into polling stations, including jerseys of their favourite soccer team that carry the number of their favourite player.]

(From an Asiaone.com article)

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20110701-286979.html

Edited by sangfroid