BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Police Prepare For Election Day Expat Sobriety Riots

how do high ranking police officers and government spokes people get away with remarks like this. its not the first time and constantly insult foreign visitors. can you imagine a western government blaming everything on there visitors. the truth is that thailand would not be far ahead of laos if it wasnt for those skanky farang alcholic's

And other one...go to the bottom of the class, go and re-read the article a 100 times and report back us on your findings...:whistling:

Quite amazing, eh Soutpeel? We've got several pages of posts now, clearly stating that this is all fake...and some STILL don't get it. God help us.

But goes along way to explian why so many get ripped off by their GF's, wives....:rolleyes:

What a load of manure! Looks like an excuse for overtime for the riot police to me. Gosh shocking load of BS.

Edited by rotary

When the DT's kick in no telling what they might do....Or where.

Next step ... to persuade the E.C. to hold an election, on 1st April. :whistling:

I really had to do a double take on this one.

I saw the "satire" comment, and of course the "notthenation.com" at the bottom, but something just didn't make any sense.

I mean 6 PM on Saturday until midnight on Sunday....hmmm...24 + 6 = 30. But the article quite clearly says this period is 36 hours. This was without a doubt written by a Thai government official. No way can this be satire. Only the boys in brown or someone calculating a reasonable cost for the Bangkok skywalk can be this bad at math.

So I think George made a mistake here. This article must be real and was mistakenly labelled as humor.

It's only "believable" if you're a complete moron.

OMG what a charmer you are!

Only in Thailand would this article have to be explicitly labeled 'Satire' at the top. :lol:

:lol:

i actually didn't read the several pages of posts and didn't see satire on the top of the page either. i just read the article posted my reply which after only finishing a 16 hour day yesterday in work and am back in now again will go down to me been tired. in fairness i have read many quote's from thai officials before and would not be suprised in the slightest if this were true . don't presume by my small amount of post that i am new to thailand, i have been going for many years and spent a lot of my life there. i am only a newbie of thai visa so be gentle jap.gif

how do high ranking police officers and government spokes people get away with remarks like this. its not the first time and constantly insult foreign visitors. can you imagine a western government blaming everything on there visitors. the truth is that thailand would not be far ahead of laos if it wasnt for those skanky farang alcholic's

And other one...go to the bottom of the class, go and re-read the article a 100 times and report back us on your findings...:whistling:

Quite amazing, eh Soutpeel? We've got several pages of posts now, clearly stating that this is all fake...and some STILL don't get it. God help us.

I was eating in a Thai restaurant last weekend not far from the beach, full with upper class Thai and all were drinking bottles wine, showed next to the table, what happens when we do that?

The only sad thing is that people come for 3 weeks, they loose 3 Saturdays of their holiday.

I realize this post is satire, but the true irony of these bans during elections is that foreigners are the ones most affected. 7-Elevens, supermarkets, expat pubs and etc. all abide by the ban. The Thais, on the other hand, will be largely unaffected. They can buy booze or party it up at these small maw-and-paw shops and bars littered throughout the back soi's of Bangkok. They make a fortune during these bans and these establishment are where you are most likely to find the police pounding down whiskey and beer. :blink:

OMG what a charmer you are!

There is no personal charm so great as the charm of a cheerful temperament.

So I think George made a mistake here. This article must be real and was mistakenly labelled as humor.

It could never have been a real article...the standard of English was too good for any of English language dailys....:whistling:

I got taken in by the article and the fact I got taken in amused me, I put my hands up to the fact and took it with good grace, but why oh why do some posters have to post such obnoxious replies?

Three posts deleted, next one to throw an insult gets thrown out.

I think I was sober once during a weekend about 7 years ago, it was an horrible experience, would want to go thru that again!

Hilarious, the brilliant wag who wrote this is surely in line for a prize. The line about expecting your dog to feed itself caps the article beautifully.