BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Police Prepare For Election Day Expat Sobriety Riots

I read this title and think to myself this has to be a joke right...

then I see Satire in the headline.

But what I think is funny is for a moment I would have believe it true as well.

TIT

expect the unexpected

The term "Truth is often stranger than fiction" is more of rule here.

"Sobering up means becoming momentarily aware of their graying bodies and emotionally hollow lives."

Brilliant.

Quick pass the Chang over I'm sobering up and she doesnt appear the Goddess that she once looked! Superb!

I missed the satire note but still found it hilarious

Jokes

I can imagine some far removed high so Thais thinking these things and it's true some expats are really like that

So this law was imposed to keep farangs in order and to prevent them disrupting the election. Do farangs really consider this period any different to any other period? Why blame the farangs? I would like to see the stats on farangs V thais rioting in the streets about thai politics.

Voltaire would be proud, there really isn't enough good satire anymore. Nice of them to make the note in bright red so no one missed it!

It would indeed be good satire but I am afraid it is more stupidity. They act like this is one of the biggest threats to the country.

During elections there will be bigger problems than a few farang getting angry about not getting alcohol.

In the article they stigmatize the whole farang and expat community.

I for one don't like pattaya or everything that has to do with drinking and bar girls. But if they have a problem with that maybe they have to change there policy.

Grtz.

Voltaire would be proud, there really isn't enough good satire anymore. Nice of them to make the note in bright red so no one missed it!

It would indeed be good satire but I am afraid it is more stupidity. They act like this is one of the biggest threats to the country.

During elections there will be bigger problems than a few farang getting angry about not getting alcohol.

In the article they stigmatize the whole farang and expat community.

I for one don't like pattaya or everything that has to do with drinking and bar girls. But if they have a problem with that maybe they have to change there policy.

Grtz.

Debbie Downer.

blink.gif

I do remember last time when there was this kind of "non alcoholic time" 'cause curfew some ex-pats went really crazy with their opinions. They were calculating hours to the bar and how many hours they could drink before ban starts...this is so so so mad and crazy!!!! I do not wonder anymore why they have been taking visas under serious consideration!!! Thanks guys! And by the way; why can't you buy this "fuc_king medicine" you all seem to need so desperately e.g. on Friday? And if someone think my opinion is funny so where the hell and why Thai Police had this idea?

Actually it might be fun for all the expats to descend on Pattaya, barricade ourselves inside all the beer bars and refuse to leave until....all the beer is gone.

That ought to give the Nation something to write about.

we all know Thais dont drink alcohol ......... they are never drunk ...behave perfectly in the society and never cause troubles ..... oh are we talking about farang here ? Oooops ...... that is the most stupid things I have seen today so far .... :lol:

I really thought farang was not part of those elections ....

We are! As some of us decided to live here - and so we have to follow the Thai laws! And that's good.

If Thais are following the laws or not - we don't have to care about it because it's not our business!

I am living and working here in Thailand since a year now.

What I really can't stand aren't any Thai laws or police checkpoints. No. I am really getting bored of foreign guests (that what we are here) complaining about nearly everything!

Nobody forced you to come to Thailand, it was your own, free decision! If you don't like Thailand anymore - go back home! It would make life here much better.

I don't know where you're coming from, but I think they must be very lucky of getting rid of persons like "senior teachers".

Unless the return to your country wouldn't be refused for that reason, I recommend you to return as quick as possible. You wouldn't "really getting bored of foreign guests (that what we are here) complaining about nearly everything! " in future, and, " It would make life here much better" for us without having smartasses surrounding us.

I do not wonder anymore why they have been taking visas under serious consideration!!! Thanks guys! And by the way; why can't you buy this "fuc_king medicine" you all seem to need so desperately e.g. on Friday? And if someone think my opinion is funny so where the hell and why Thai Police had this idea?

The Thai Police didnt have this idea..Notthenation did.....lets say it slowly once again...... S....A....T....I...R...E........ a joke, a p*ss take, a parody, a send up, a spoof, a lampoon.....:whistling:

Three posts deleted, next one to throw an insult gets thrown out.

Well CD we can see how grouchy they get without their daily anesthetic. And it isn't even Saturday evening yet.

;)

Edited by animatic

I do not wonder anymore why they have been taking visas under serious consideration!!! Thanks guys! And by the way; why can't you buy this "fuc_king medicine" you all seem to need so desperately e.g. on Friday? And if someone think my opinion is funny so where the hell and why Thai Police had this idea?

The Thai Police didnt have this idea..Notthenation did.....lets say it slowly once again...... S....A....T....I...R...E........ a joke, a p*ss take, a parody, a send up, a spoof, a lampoon.....:whistling:

Well, I'm on angry mood anyway....but, did I really got this too seriously????? So there is no extra work for Police 'cause of farangs???? Wups!

Even Notthenation couldn't have thought this bit of nonsense up:-

[Voters are warned against wearing shirts showing any candidacy number into polling stations, including jerseys of their favourite soccer team that carry the number of their favourite player.]

(From an Asiaone.com article)

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20110701-286979.html

Edited by sangfroid