Thaksin Allies In Thai Election Landslide: Exit Polls

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows how out of touch the Thai Visa news section regulars are with the opinions of the majority of Thai people IMO.

Great day for Thailand - putting the military and elite firmly in their places once and for all.

Thaksin is the elite. And now expect Thailand to be under his one family rule for decades. North Korea, Thai style. Be afraid.

Thats funny

Watching Thai TV.

75% for the reds.

I wonder what direction the country will take now.

I think not much will change, except the old elites in power will get replaced by new, red people, most of whom I cannot call "elites", but they will yield the same power and receive the same tea money.

They will push royalists out of their offices and take their role.

Once Thaksin has the power back, what will he do with it?

Does he have a plan for Thailand?

Edited by manarak

Very strange to see how Farangs, outside their home country are narrow-minded and against democracy.

The results are what they are. No need to cry, lament or cheer. Just accept.

It's not unprecedented for noxious dictators to be "elected" and then that's the LAST real election. That isn't democracy either, now is it?

But what percentage of Thais have the slightest awareness of the history of OTHER countries, not to mention their own?

Edited by Jingthing

They may not realize it now, but they will eventually.

It is a sad day for Thailand.

A very sad day. This is not a democracy, it is all about money.

Last night my g/f's mother confirmed that all 7 members of her family and virtually everyone in the village (Korat) received 300thb each.

It is a bloody disgrace.

Ok they get money they didnt have.

In my village Democrats are stron and thwy offered money as well and farming equipment but thats not the same ?

They are all the same, but with Puea Thai is more liked by people from North NorthEast because of earlier poitics by Thai Rak Thai with same people pulling strings

If indeed the Thai people have spoken and this is what they want, then so be it.

But were they voting for "change"? For Peua Thai's policies? Or just for Thaksin? In many cases (I would hope) they were voting for the first two, but they might just getting the third one. I hope not.

And is their decision actually going to bring any stability? It all depends on what Peua Thai decide to do but I suspect there will be again great unrest if they start bypassing democratic controls as TRT did.

Shows how out of touch the Thai Visa news section regulars are with the opinions of the majority of Thai people IMO.

Great day for Thailand - putting the military and elite firmly in their places once and for all.

More like replacing one elite with another elite. Enjoy your new ruling dynasty, you'll have plenty of time to appreciate them.

There was a general election and the winner was voted in by a large majority of the population.

That is Democracy at work. Most Thais would say it's a great momentous occasion!

Bhum Jai Thai humiliated by poll defeat

By The Nation

Bhum Jai Thai abruptly cancelled its press conference after an exit poll indicated it could grab 13 House seats despite the projection target for 70.

Suan Dusit exit poll has projected the party to win four party-list seats and nine constituency seats.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-03

As for the former -- so? I've never judged the validity of my opinions based on how many other agree with me -- Thai or otherwise - and I think anyone who does is a fool; moreover anyone who looks at Thailand's history and what the Thais have gone along with and/or supported and then thinks that agreeing with them means you are right...well, I don't even know what to say to that. I happen to want more social equality and a more democratic Thailand, just as many Thais do, but not because they want it but because I think it the right thing. I also happen to be informed and rational enough to know that Thaksin and his proxies and cronies aren't going to bring either of those things - as sadly many Thais apparently believe. (In fact I think Thaksin Co. will impede any progression towards those objectives).

And as for the latter -- it truly astonishes me that anyone would believe the latter. That is either ignorance and/or delusion on an astonishing scale. Absurd, really. One of the lamest things I've ever seen posted.

I did not fell this sick for a very long time. Simply do not understand how apparently also a lot of people that you would consider "educated" voted for this circus. How can they forget that easily???

Only good thing coming out of all this is going to be that their dreams will soon turn in nightmares for a lot of people and that is when hopefully they will realized what kind of mistake they made voting for them....

As far as Yingluck, I give her at a maximum of 6 month and then she will disappear from the political arena...but PLEASE, let us all enjoy at least one interview of her on BBC Hard Talk or similar before she is gone, will you! ;-)

Her (political) pimp, ehhm sorry I meant her brother, will not allow her to appear on Hard Talk.

Champaign for Abhisit, he made it six losses in a row. A great achievement. And the win seems to be big enough for thr courts and army to think twice of messing again with the good people of Thailand.

They may be good, but SMART, they ain't.

Looks like they outvoted you by a huge margin.

So who is not smart?

Great to see what looks like a big majority, like it or not the people have voted.

A very sad day. This is not a democracy, it is all about money.

Last night my g/f's mother confirmed that all 7 members of her family and virtually everyone in the village (Korat) received 300thb each.

It is a bloody disgrace.

Are you sure it was from P.T.? if so ,they are cheap skates. In Buriram Bhum. Jai Thai was apparently handing out B500.

Mmmm, this situation remember me that in my home country (Italy), where the Italian follow for many years to give their preference to a corrupted paedo-pervert short leader bringing the country to ruin.

So, everybody have the government they deserve.

I agree, a sad day for the THailand

Get a life Taksin and Peau Thai haters...voice and rights of the majority must be respected!

Respected as in acknowledged and lawfully deferred to? Sure.

As in agreed with and supported? No. That's not democracy. Even if I were Thai, I'd not be obligated to do that (just as I wasn't obligated to agree with or support Bush -- and I didn't).

I really do not understand the mentality of the thai population sometimes. Do they actually understand anything at all, I swear in some situations they are like children, or at least have the mentality of children. I can see conflicts on the horizon, yet again. Why would they vote in a corupt figure after he has been ousted... Sometimes I wonder about this society (thumbs down)

First step completed - winning the election.

Second step - Flowery speech.

Third step - Thaskin returns before Christmas.

Fourth step - Another flowery speech.

Fifth step - Thaskin becomes PM.

TheWalkingMan

I smell a family dynasty. Permanent. Remember, what's coming that's even BIGGER than this takeover. Thaksin is well positioned. Thailand needs to reform and change, but this is going to prove to be a huge step backwards. How many decades before Thailand will be free of this family dynasty?

Very strange to see how Farangs, outside their home country are narrow-minded and against democracy.

The results are what they are. No need to cry, lament or cheer. Just accept.

Accepting the vote is easy,

accepting the coming violence it portends is not as easy a swallow.