Three Day Cycling Itinerary Around Chiang Mai

Khema

I am planning a three full days cycling around Chiang Mai on a bycicle. The idea is to rent a bike on arrival and embark on a trip around Chiang Mai, cycling between 50 and 80 km a day on a flat/near flat terrain (ie easy to moderate biking).

the problem is that I don't know the area in detail, I have done the Mae Hong Song Loop in a car and stayed some time in Chiang Mai but apart from some major sights I have no idea which way to go to from Chiang Mai on a bycicle (I won't go as far as Mae Hong Son for sure in three days!!).

hence I am asking here to guys who know the area well - what is your recommendation? in three days I can probably pedal no more than 200 km in total.

Also, in addition to itinerary if you can suggest nice places to stay it would be great!

many thanks

Khema

I am planning a three full days cycling around Chiang Mai on a bycicle. The idea is to rent a bike on arrival and embark on a trip around Chiang Mai, cycling between 50 and 80 km a day on a flat/near flat terrain (ie easy to moderate biking).

the problem is that I don't know the area in detail, I have done the Mae Hong Song Loop in a car and stayed some time in Chiang Mai but apart from some major sights I have no idea which way to go to from Chiang Mai on a bycicle (I won't go as far as Mae Hong Son for sure in three days!!).

hence I am asking here to guys who know the area well - what is your recommendation? in three days I can probably pedal no more than 200 km in total.

Also, in addition to itinerary if you can suggest nice places to stay it would be great!

many thanks

Khema

U can try ask the young guy at the bicycle shop name Top Gear at 173 Chang Moi Rd for suggestion. www.topgearbike.com or email: [email protected]

Edited by hong

U can try ask the young guy at the bicycle shop name Top Gear at 173 Chang Moi Rd for suggestion. www.topgearbike.com or email: [email protected]

cheers that's quick! first, I am not in Thailand at the mo (planning to fly there for a weekend in Nov) and I would like to plan my trip before I sit on a bike! next, the website quoted does not load :o

cheers that's quick! first, I am not in Thailand at the mo (planning to fly there for a weekend in Nov) and I would like to plan my trip before I sit on a bike! next, the website quoted does not load :D

Welcome! yup, i fail to get in the website too. if email fail too, PM me for the telephone no if u want. :o