We'll Pay In Prawns Or Usd800m Airbus Order Cancel

george

We'll Pay in Prawns Or 800 Million Airbus Order Is Off, Thailand Tells EU

SEAFOOD.COM NEWS [Mail on Sunday] - December 30, 2003 -

THAILAND is threatening to switch an 800 million order for eight Airbus jets to Boeing unless the European Union lifts its health ban on frozen Thai shrimps and prawns.

Bangkok said it could not pay for the planes without the revenue from sales of its shellfish.

The EU outlawed imports of the prawns after discovering traces of nitrofurans a veterinary medicine that fights bacterial infections, but can cause cancer in humans.

Thai trade minister Watana Muyangsook said: 'We have no money in the kitty to buy Airbuses, which would cost us billions of dollars.

--Seafood.com

How about Boeing then?

No way! I remember vividly a crash of a domestic carrier on Taiwan. Final finding, too many shrimps transported, cause of crash corrosion by salt-water. So shripms are hazardous to Boeing :o

Only 20% from thai shrimps are not dangerous for health!!!

Thanks to Khun Thak-chin for to support chemical fertilisers and their producers! :o

How dangerous is it to eat Thai shrimps once a month, on a scale? Just curious.

Sorry don't know on a scale, but my adjan always sais, "what kills the insects, will kill human beings also,just slower and I trust that.

Hope that eating shrimps once a month does not do to much harm.

Traditionally shrimps are grown with antibiotics and other chemicals :o

Luckily HM the King is supporting the idea of EM(Effective Microorganisms) and 20% of the shrimp farmers is using it already. Real good stuff-100% organic ! :D

I have eaten pat kreung keng gung (curry prawns), nearly every day for 6 years - is this the truth?? Jesus ah make that chicken please.

You might be lucky and some have been EM-shrimps. EM is known about 20 years in Thailand, but still no local markets where to by EM products, I mean there is no signage yet,wonder why as it has the support from HM the King!

Here on Samui is a goverment shop supplying the local farmers with small farm-machineries and fertilisers, only chemical stuff.

They have even not heard about EM. :o

So eating prawns is bad -cancerous, high cholesterol. Chicken is also bad because my uncle was achicken farmer and we know that chicken is fed with antibiotics most of its life and there have been cases of people who are alergic to anibiotics getting allergies when they eat chicken. Lamyai I heard is bad because of pesticides. Walking on streets is also bad because of fumes, drunken drivers. The Water is bad and polluted with all kinds of organisms so we need to dinkr aith 8 parts of Whiskey to one part of water. The Thai wife is dangerous as she can turn your parts to duck food. 'Toxin' and danger seems to be the Thai way. But what the heck what is life without a taste of danger and trying to cheat death. Mai pen rai, God willing and if we are wicked and bad enough we will live a long life for they say the Good die young. So my friends eat and drink and be Merry.

How about Boeing then?

No way! I remember vividly a crash of a domestic carrier on Taiwan. Final finding, too many shrimps transported, cause of crash corrosion by salt-water. So shripms are hazardous to Boeing :D

No money in the kitty for the airbus- so they will sell the shrimps to the US to pay the Boeing ?

My friends from the US are quite health concerned also! :o

they can say waht they want, nobody want their shrimp with trace of this chemical inside, europe or states, same same ... :o

the fact is, they have to change the way to produce ...

until then, they will have to do, what the world ask them, be as clean as possible for food export, this means, prawns will be banned if nothing change, pm taksin or not, they can cancel airbus, boeing won't accept a deal like this one ...

"import our prawns and we buy you planes" ...

it looks like government has to learn diplomacy a bit more :D

francois