Flooding

Ted

I will be nipping over there next week some time for a couple of days but am still taking me old Mae West (thats a life jacket...for u youngsters :D )

According to the wife (phoned her last night @ 2 p a min -mobile -rip off)she can now see the tops of some of the cars in the car park ...so looking good. :o

According to the wife (phoned her last night @ 2 p a min -mobile -rip off)she can now see the tops of some of the cars in the car park ...so looking good. :o

Rinrada...No offence intended...but yours info. was over the phone.

I'm in CM myself and have been so for the last 6yrs.

Nowhere in CM is still under water other than the river and canal itself, which the water level had also receeded significantly.

^__^

P.S. - Unless Rinrada's wife is living somewhere in the rural area very far off from CM town area...then I wouldn't know. :D

Edited by ^_^

Nowhere in CM is still under water other than the river and canal itself, which the water level had also receeded significantly.

Ted,

You must understand, it isn't really conflicting information, it is just that some of us are still so shell shocked we are in a state of denial......

^__^ is correct in his statements,almost, there are still area in Chiangmai under water! Yes, the water has receded significantly....... when you were 3 meters over flood stage and now we are down to just 1 meter, I guess that is significant!

OK Guys.......

The flood is over, the water is almost back to normal, there are still places closed due to flood damage. Unlike the other areas in the TV forum, the Chiangmai contingent has a sense of humor and we love to <deleted> with peoples minds. By the way, don't ask if we have Bangkok Bank in town, don't give us an opening..... we WILL take it if the oportunity is presented.

Oh and the areas in Chiangmai still under water? The Ping River, The Moat and every Klong & lake!

Frankly...I find farang exSPATS living in CM are kind of...putting off!!! :D

Anyway...don't bombard, spit or spat at me pls. :D

Learn to share the good things in life...and you'll become a bit more Thai everyday...as obviously the length of stay whichever farangs had lived in Thailand doesn't make anyone anymore Thai. :D

I'm not saying that being Thai will be a better person...so pls don't find fault in my English though I know I'm not really good at it. :D

After my first "comment" in this forum...I'm ready for anything as I've been reading this forum since it's first existence and I know what to expect after my post. :o

Well...wellcum. :D

^__^

Um...and I did check and recheck...think and thought about what I've written before I post it. :D

P.S. - Ted...wellcum to Chiangmai in advance. ^__^

Edited by ^_^

Just arrived home after a great weekend in Chiang Mai and apart from the Ping river, I found the place to be water free. You know I liked the place so much I'm planning a return trip soon. Now tell me - is there a Bangkok Bank in town? :o

• 3 weeks later...
Just arrived home after a great weekend in Chiang Mai and apart from the Ping river, I found the place to be water free. You know I liked the place so much I'm planning a return trip soon.

Ho just my luck...... I went to Chiang Mai for the weekend just before Halloween and it POURED down water on Saturday nite and I literally got washed down the street at the tourist Night Bazaar district....the road turned into a river and I am not exaggerating..... notwithstanding that experience, Im thinking of another weekend in CM in Nov or early Dec (on the assumption that the storms have abated by then)....is CM still having these almost freakish rain storms?