Lampang, Worth A Visit?

kevbap

Well, apart from riding a horse 'n' carriage it was boring, boring, boring.

Well it says something that the horse and carriage was the only non-boring thing for you.

What sort of things did you look for and didn't find that would have interested you?

Answer here: nothing.

Answer to the OP question: no.

Really!

We were there for a family get together.

Did not get to see munch. The horse and buggy were disappointing. I was thinking that with all the signs I saw in English there must be some thing to attract foreigners.

Plan on a few days to look around and see if I can find what it is to get so many English speaking people there.

Elephant Camp there is very interesting. Wife took the 4 day Mahout training classes there and was off to the jungle at 6 am each morning to pick up her steed. I manned the cameras. They did 3 shows a day and we had more fun there than I think with anything we ever did around the world. Video here. She is on Jojo the biggest elephant. This year back to Lampang for 10 day silent meditation (2nd time). If my health is good, I will stay in the area and explore. I am very proud of her. She is 30 years younger but my mentor in so many ways. She earns high respect from all she meets here in the US now. http://bit.ly/JbBOPI

In addition I hated all the foot massage places charging me 200 when they had ZERO customers and hiked the price up from 150 for Thais ( I know this because one place said 150 then changed it to 200 after I sat down then charged a Thai following me 150 - obviously no tip!)

• 6 years later...