Housebuilding Thread

Meanwhile, the boys put up the barn in a day.

Image00010.jpg

The only reason it's not complete is that we ran out of my recycled roof tiles and the local builder's merchant were nil stock. Tiles will be delivered tomorrow for installation on Sunday when the block walls will go up too.

The staff enjoy a well-earned beer and a swim (along with the grand-kids) before enjoying dinner of my specialty Korean barbecue pig complete with imported kimchi :tongue:

Image00011.jpg

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crossy said:

It's not quite complete, bench No.1 hasn't had it's stain on the seat and bench No.2 is still a kit.

But SWMBO has decreed that tonight it will be inaugurated with a Korean dinner :)

By the way, the timber is tropical hardwood of various pedigree, I hate to think what it would cost back home.

When we got it for the chook house it had already been used for at least one house and probably a rice barn.

Now it's a picnic table, I have retained the recycled "features" by not filling any of the nail, bolt, screw or (a few) termite holes. OK, I was too lazy.

Table seems to have passed muster, stable and (just) large enough (1m x 2m) it was still groaning under the weight of the food.

20170312_182600.jpg   20170312_182104.jpg

20170312_182026.jpg

EDIT I see photo 2 has a very expectant looking Mr Punch (the dog), both he and his sister (yes, Judy) were too stuffed to move by the end of the day :smile:

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

One of the nicest houses I've seen over here. I always liked the old style classic Thai houses, with a modern touch.

Compliments.

Thanks, much appreciated. We put a lot of thought and work (and cash of course) into our home. It's not going to be to everyone's taste but we are very happy how it's come out.

Of course, like all these things it's an ongoing project, luckily I enjoy a spot of DIY and Wifey's three grown sons are happy to help out with concrete and the steelwork I can't reach.

Next job, replace those roller blinds on the downstairs telly area with plantation shutters. Onwards and upwards :smile:

Archived