Ferrel Cats

Bloody ferrel cats in our neighbourhood are out of control. Shitting every where, scrounging through food preparation areas and killing chickens. We went through a period where I was poisoning them with rat bate stuffed into sausage meat, this worked well but another generation of the bastards are upon us again. :o

I heard an interesting radio program in Perth a few weeks ago where it was stated the best thing for a cat problem was a Jane Russell dog (spaded, female Jack Russell), apparently they are very intelligent and easily trained. Anyone know where I might be able to buy one here in the Isaan area?

Have you ever tried getting a vet in and spaying and neutering people's cats in the neighborhood? Feral cats don't come from nowhere you know, they come from irresponsible owners who allow their pets to breed indiscriminately.

Have you ever tried getting a vet in and spaying and neutering people's cats in the neighborhood? Feral cats don't come from nowhere you know, they come from irresponsible owners who allow their pets to breed indiscriminately.

You can't be fare dinkum. Get a vet in :D This is Isaan whe're talking about. Don't know what part of the world you come from but it must be sheltered. :o

You can't be fare dinkum. Get a vet in :D This is Isaan whe're talking about. Don't know what part of the world you come from but it must be sheltered. :o

Don't know what part of the world you come from but you have obviously never heard of research?? Have you even tried looking for one? Or is it just easier to kill?

Why don't you try contacting these people? Maybe, if you put some effort into it, you could come up with a solution?

Northeastern Veterinary Research and Development Center, Upper zone, Khon Kaen province

Work area : 10 provinces (Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Kalasin, Nakhon Phanom, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan, Loei, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Khai and Nong Bua Lamphu)

Tel : 66-0-4326-1246

Fax : 66-0-4326-1166

Email : [email protected]

http://www.dld.go.th/region4/nevrdc/index.htm

sorry to be harsh but feral means shouldn't be there, to me destroy the poor animals because they are destroying things at a greater rate than we can imagine

my solution to cats is shoot or poison, brake fluid works well and a rifle is good too

sorry to be harsh but feral means shouldn't be there, to me destroy the poor animals because they are destroying  things at a greater rate than we can imagine

my solution to cats is shoot or poison, brake fluid works well and a rifle is good too

You can get a pill against Feral Cats in many civilised countries, it is made out of Lead :D when placed strategically behind the cats ear solves all problems :o failing that a normal mesh cat trap readily available in Isaan, Simple instructions, Cat in Trap, Trap in Water, =dead Cat in Ground :D Nignoy

Actually, I am talking about a far more permanent solution than just killing each new generation. If you are willing to take the trouble to sterilize people's pets then there won't be new generations of kittens discarded to run wild every 6 months. Simple really. The local volunteer clinic established by a farang vet here has been offering free and low cost sterilizations as well as sterilizing all animals at the wat for free and the number of feral cats and dogs has dramatically reduced. A trip to the wat used to be a nightmare for all the wild dogs and cats, fighting and mating. Now, the number of animals there is quite manageable.

But then, doing something like this requires a bit of effort.

:D:D:D I guees you have not been to the rohng pah yah bahn :D

Pesrsonally I think the best thing is to put them in a sack and drown them. Nasty tykes. Then having got rid of the ex-pats we can look to sort out the cat problem.

That was nearly funny "seen all, know nothing" are you sure you dont have some AUSTRALIAN links somewhere? Because thats the sort of HUMOR Aussies love :D And you thought I was sensitive :o

Thing is, callmedaddy57, it wasn't an attempt at humour.

I'm an unapologetic cat lover. There is a problem but some of the solutions suggested offended me.

A far more serious problem is the local dogs. No strays where I live but they're all locked out after dark and it isn't safe to walk out once the sun goes down.

Aussie link? My NHS dentist was an Aussie, otherwise only ones I came accross were bar staff. Pullling teeth, pulling pints and pulling anything in a skirt.

That was an attempt at humour.

Still like the Jane Russell option as it will just scare em off to someone else’s property then they can shoot em with their long bore rifles.

A note for the cat loving 'sbk'. :o Not as long as my arse points South will I be wasting my time AND MONEY on the bureaucratic approach. Fcuken ferrel cats are just that. They live and breed in the bush, how the hel_l do you expect to round em up and sterilize the bastards? In our village of 1100 there wouldn't be 5 pet cats.

No Jane Russell then it's 'broncos' milk and my poisoned sausage.

Any terrier, properly trained, should do the trick. Jack Russells enjoy a fine reputation but for sheer indomitable savagery a Scottish border terrier takes some beating. They are unstoppable and have no fear once the hunt begins.The only problem is, and this applies to most terriers, is when they disappear down a hole.Silly buggers never know when to give up and more often than not they need to be dug out, so you will need to take a spade with you. My experience is limited to the Surrey hills where the risk from other fauna is somewhat less than that which could be expected in deepest,darkest Isaan. Quite what a terrier would make of a python is anyone's guess.But, certainly it should see of most cats, feral or otherwise.

brake fluid and milk works better IMHO, it's a solution to a problem that can become emotional, but feral cats are a pest.

Thanks for that tip bronco.

I too have a cat problem, and the neighbours do SFA about it.

Time for a lesson... :o

I know what a ferrel wheel is....they have a big one in London....but what's a ferrel cat?

--- Ferrel, Ferrell or Feral --- Who the <deleted> cares!! Why does this forum always attract wackers that have nothing better to add than spelling or grammar criticisms. :o

To tell the truth, I don't even know how to spell ferrel or ferrell or feral or whataever....I just thought a little joke would not interupt the flow of a topic that was getting such serious replies like crushed light bulbs and crossbows.

Your avatar has got a grip....maybe you should get one.

Sorry cat lovers, but in my opine they make excellent gloves.  Any animal that kills just for the sake of killing, not survival, needs to go away.

A small bowl of anti-freeze works best, plus it's less messy and quite quick.

Does that include you?

Maybe your wife will follow your advice with a nice glass of anti-freeze and scotch and the world will be all the better for it. :o

It very well could, but if an animal is killing my livestock then your darned right I'm going to do my darnedest to kill it. And being a farm boy, I have done it plenty, including my own dogs for killing a neighbors calves. So I would be killing it for the survival of my family and livestock. Perhaps you missed the point of the thread - the lads critters are being killed by worthless animals.

Does that include you?

Maybe your wife will follow your advice with a nice glass of anti-freeze and scotch and the world will be all the better for it. :o

Bloody ferrel cats in our neighbourhood are out of control. Shitting every where, scrounging through food preparation areas and killing chickens. We went through a period where I was poisoning them with rat bate stuffed into sausage meat, this worked well but another generation of the bastards are upon us again. :o

I heard an interesting radio program in Perth a few weeks ago where it was stated the best thing for a cat problem was a Jane Russell dog (spaded, female Jack Russell), apparently they are very intelligent and easily trained. Anyone know where I might be able to buy one here in the Isaan area?

If you want to get a "spaded Jack Russell", just get a normal one then <deleted> it with a spade every time it comes home without a cat.

As for using cats as gloves, I think it's disgusting - how much vaseline do you use ?

Just make sure to tell your neighbors your plans as you may find yourselves in deeper sh!t than just cats if you poison your neighbor's pets.

And watch your karma, I'd hate to be you when it comes home to roost. :o

its:

jack russell

spayed

feral

ferris

and u'd get better answers if it didnt seem like u were frothing at the mouth and sputtering so much....

most dogs suffer if they tangle with feral cats, my boxer almost lost an eye...

a territorial tom cat could be an answer, vinegar spray and pepper spray work well, a couple of thai ridgbacks could do the trick

and cats keep the snake population down as well as the rat, mouse etc population

As for using cats as gloves, I think it's disgusting - how much vaseline do you use ?

That's pretty funny...I didn't think of it that way.

Where I grew up you could get $5US for a cat fur. I knew a few guys who did that for their drinking money. I always thought they were joking until I saw the posted fur prices. Only cat problem we had on the farm was a panther, but he didn't kill any of our livestock - luckily. He met his match in a 2500 pound Chiania bull we had - still have the panther's body outline in the galvanized steel fence from where he got the snot kicked out of him.

Just a few years ago, there were news reports of Cubans having to eat cat meat as their domestic meat supply dwindled so much. That's an idea, trap them and export them to Cuba, kind of like dogs to Vietnam.