Female Bodyguards For Thailand's Next Prime Minister

webfact

"Korakarn started her career as a bodyguard in 1995. Among the VIPs she has taken care of are Hillary Rodham Clinton, Empress Michiko of Japan and members of the Thai Royal Family".

Correct me if I am wrong but dosen't Hillary Clinton travel with her own personal bodyguards. I know when she was in Australia, Australian security were not permitted to get up close and personal with her and she insisted on using her own team. Aussies were in the background yes but they were hardly her bodyguards. I guess this thai woman is one of the best in the world if Hillary replaced her own team with this woman, or maybe her team were denied work permits.

I am not knocking this womans ability to do her job for the Thai Prime Minister, she is probably capable. Just questioning the Hillary Clinton thing.

Hillary Clinton is being protected by the US Secret Service since she is the Secretary of State. Even before she became Secretary of State, she gets Secret Service protection as she was previously the First Lady. In US, all past Presidents and wife gets this Secret Service protection for life.

So you are correct, she gets her own team of bodyguards and her Secret Service team would not allow others to get near to her, especially if you are dealing with the US Secret Service.

As Sec State she is protected by the BDS (Bureau of Diplomatic Security) when she is doing official duties in the US or abroad (the Secret Service does her protection when she's not working). They are as good as it gets and indeed they would not and legally can not delegate their responsibility to locals. Invariably there is obviously local security involved in such operations -- but I too question how close they actually got to Ms. Clinton. Not very I should think -- not with a weapon especially.

Edited by SteeleJoe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Korakarn started her career as a bodyguard in 1995. Among the VIPs she has taken care of are Hillary Rodham Clinton, Empress Michiko of Japan and members of the Thai Royal Family".

Correct me if I am wrong but dosen't Hillary Clinton travel with her own personal bodyguards. I know when she was in Australia, Australian security were not permitted to get up close and personal with her and she insisted on using her own team. Aussies were in the background yes but they were hardly her bodyguards. I guess this thai woman is one of the best in the world if Hillary replaced her own team with this woman, or maybe her team were denied work permits.

I am not knocking this womans ability to do her job for the Thai Prime Minister, she is probably capable. Just questioning the Hillary Clinton thing.

Hillary Clinton is being protected by the US Secret Service since she is the Secretary of State. Even before she became Secretary of State, she gets Secret Service protection as she was previously the First Lady. In US, all past Presidents and wife gets this Secret Service protection for life.

So you are correct, she gets her own team of bodyguards and her Secret Service team would not allow others to get near to her, especially if you are dealing with the US Secret Service.

As Sec State she is protected by the BDS (Bureau of Diplomatic Security) when she is doing official duties in the US or abroad (the Secret Service does her protection when she's not working). They are as good as it gets and indeed they would not and legally can not delegate their responsibility to locals. Invariably there is obviously local security involved in such operations -- but I too question how close they actually got to Ms. Clinton. Not very I should think -- not with a weapon especially.

I think you people are wrong. "Korakarn started that she was a body guard for Hillary. That means that when Hillary is in Thailand she uses the elite Thai security in "Korakarn." She stated that she was Hillary's bodyguard. Yes I do find it very very hard to believe. Maybe she is just adding a bit of glitter to her resume.

I started learning things about The Border Patrol Police over 20 years ago and it's fair to say they have a very interesting history.

That's all I'll say about that.

Not a lot of point posting then is there.

google is your friend

Im off to practise my 1000yard stare! :D

There wasn't any "Google" over 20 years ago. We had these things called "books". And I spoke to actual "people" that were in a position to speak with considerable knowledge. So I'm not sure I need Google at the moment, thanks.

As for a point to my post...here are some points:

1) I wasn't aware that point was required.

2) I post to amuse myself.

3) Maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about will appreciate the comment

4) Maybe someone who doesn't, will be curious enough to do some reading and

5) It's 1:20AM, I'm tired and I made a off the cuff post before bed. Sue me.

6) There was no less of a point to my post than there was to yours, was there?

Quite a "sharp rejoiner" for that time of night. Well put.

Hope YS doesn't let it get to her head like Madame Nhu and her "Women's Solidarity Movement." An ex TG once told me she wanted to join the police force but subsequently didn't when she found out that women officers couldn't carry guns. Dangerous girl who is gratefully in my past.

Interesting point in this is that her campaign bodyguards were all from Border Patrol. The border patrol has sided clearly with Team Thaksin and PTP consistently,

and seem to be one of the few police groupings that the Shin clan trust.

Your sly attempt to advance another conspiracy theory falls flat when one takes a few minutes to look at the command structure of the the TBPP. Although it is a division of the Royal Thai Police, the TBPP are more influenced by the RTA. The TBPP is the division that receives the advanced training to deal for counter insurgency and similar activities. It makes perfect sense that the TBPP would provide the personnel as the Provincial and Metropolitan police divisions are focused on completely different roles. TBPP personnel are the ones that are deployed in the field for information gathering so they are most likely to identify and analyze terrorist plots and the like. TBPP senior staff officers are usually military personnel transfers and the personnel receive advanced training through the Thai military. The TBPP serve as an important adjunct to the Thai military and in larger operations are deployed under army control. Look at the South: The TBPP reports in to the army.

Are you aware that the patron of the TBPP is the Royal household? Use of the TBPP personnel is a logical selection and an indication that despite the speculation advanced, the TBPP loyalties are clear. The TBPP personnel are used because they are most appropriate and their loyalty to the nation is as certain as possible. There is no sinister plot.

All police are titularly under the Royal household.

Which police group was reigning in PAD Oct 7th at Parliament?

Border Patrol.

Bets on whether this was the same BP group they chose from?

Edited by animatic

I think you people are wrong. "Korakarn started that she was a body guard for Hillary. That means that when Hillary is in Thailand she uses the elite Thai security in "Korakarn." She stated that she was Hillary's bodyguard. Yes I do find it very very hard to believe. Maybe she is just adding a bit of glitter to her resume.

She would have been part of the thai component of Hillary's security detail.

Quite logically the Secret Service MUST also work with the locals who know the place and speak the language. The inner circle is obviously Hillery's home team.

Edited by animatic

Quite logically the Secret Service MUST also work with the locals who know the place and speak the language. The inner circle is obviously Hillery's home team.

Not the Secret Service if she's working. The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (and sometimes also operators from 1st SFOD-D when abroad).

Not the Secret Service if she's working. The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (and sometimes also operators from 1st SFOD-D when abroad).

I would say she made tea for the guy that washes the cars. She would have been lucky if she even saw Hillary. She definately would not have been doing close personal protection of the lady. For her to say that she was Hillary's bodyguard is a fallacy and why the author mentions it stumps me. I guess this glamorises the lady a little. Taking medals for anothers actions is not nice.

I guess it will be ok if their time of the month synchronizes with the PM (just drop the S); otherwise reason and accountability will go out of the window. Surely it would make sense to use Katoeys? then she has the best of both worlds!

I would say she made tea for the guy that washes the cars. She would have been lucky if she even saw Hillary. She definately would not have been doing close personal protection of the lady. For her to say that she was Hillary's bodyguard is a fallacy and why the author mentions it stumps me. I guess this glamorises the lady a little. Taking medals for anothers actions is not nice.

Not sure why you quoted me, given the nature of your reply but just to be clear:

It's not me who has suggested the woman in question ever protected Ms. Clinton. (I've posted otherwise a couple times already).

As a former presidents wife she would be an exception

getting both presences or an agreed upon handoff at times.

Bill Clinton still has things in his head that some would want and

kidnapping his wife is a way to them. Which is why I believe

she is still afforded Secret Service protection status.

As a former presidents wife she would be an exception

getting both presences or an agreed upon handoff at times.

Bill Clinton still has things in his head that some would want and

kidnapping his wife is a way to them. Which is why I believe

she is still afforded Secret Service protection status.

She gets it -- as I mentioned in a previous post -- in her unofficial time. Not when she's doing Sec State business.

EDIT:

At least that's what my understanding of it is from people who generally know about such things.

See Post #66

Edited by SteeleJoe

Not sure why you quoted me, given the nature of your reply but just to be clear:

It's not me who has suggested the woman in question ever protected Ms. Clinton. (I've posted otherwise a couple times already).

No sorry I wasn't quoting you. It was Animatic