Monks Teach Maleness To Thai 'Ladyboys'

webfact

50 year old transvestite with 35 years worth female hormone usage is not a pretty sight, and downright scary.

Another strange but interesting fact is that Thai Marijuana plants have a higher probability of becoming hermaphrodites.

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold your horses there Nelly

The boys were sent to the temple on their parents request, obviously because its the parents who are having a hard time accepting their own sexuality.

In Thailand when family issues, uncertainties, or problems arise - they don't go to a counselling or psychotherapist... they go to the temple..

If they ask the monk at the temple to try and help them, chances are the monk will say yes... because that's what monks do...

Also... its only 6 boys that went in... 3 came out and went back to their natural ways...

In my opinion

Acting like a LB in a temple is kinda taking the p..ss, it is disrespectful because no makup, no perfume or anything should ever be taken in to the temple, as that is part of the precepts...

My own opinion is: You cannot change them if that's what they are, and sexual freedom is still a big part of Thailand, they are light years ahead of us in many ways...and also the opposite...

In a complete land of contradictions... It must be normal for children growing up in such a liberal society to waver their true sexuality, and perhaps try a few things early on... like dressing up etc..

This has all the trappings of potentially great comedic Thai film.

.. or better, the Monty Python crew, with a few episodes at Fawlty Towers, and bring in Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) ..... the whole lot.

Nothing like a 'gender bender' question to polarise a community (especially farang). Sorting out the homophobes, shit-for-brain red necks, the pious, the closet gays, and who knows what.

Everything seems to be quite open in my town, and no one makes an issue of any of it. (In a district of 6000, I am one of 3 only non-Thai) 75% of my 100 Facebook friends are Thai, and roughly one third of those are in same-sex relationships, and there is not sniff of stigma anywhere. No one cares, and they all co exist and seem to have a lot of fun. They are a mixture of uni students and older. It's just a great place to be

the flipping of one's gender seems to be epidemic in Thailand unlike any other country I have ever heard of. This is not only boys acting like girls, but girls acting and looking much like men. The "problem" will never be "solved" as long as the priority of convenience outweighs the consequence. The over consumption of Phthalates in the food chain from plastic bottles that sit in the sun and putting oily and hot food in plastic bags continues. A well known fact that Phthalates are carcinogenic and cause chromosome damage is well documented is a clear factor in gender disorders. The over use of estrogen mimicking pesticides is also well documented in causing the feminine qualities of a species to take dominance ie. hermaphroditic frogs and fish. In the case of hormones, a small amount has the same effect as a lot but in this country more is always better. More chemicals, more antibiotics, more volume, more MSG, the more "modern" the better. You can't change something that is by telling it it is not, ludicrous. :ermm:

A good scientific precis of the most probable cause of so many ladyboys in Thailand, and incidentally the Philippines and Brazil. I would add that phthalates are used as plasticisers for PVC, hence the rigid plastic uPVC is not a risk, it is the flexible plastic found in most food wrappings which is the problem. Whilst phthallates will leach even into water, they leach more readily into acidified water such as carbonated drinks, the practice of small shops pouring coke etc into plastic bags, is a common practice in the three countries named.

Meat animals, particularly chickens, are regularly fed oestrogen in order to promote rapid growth, this then enters the food chain.

The end result of all this is that girls mature faster, breast development is precocious, boys become feminised and male sperm count falls.

Where I disagree with the quoted comment is in the incidence and correlation with female to male transition, lesbians are small in numbers compared to layboys, even then the majority are bi-sexual in orientation.

I agree this could well be an additional modern environmental factor.

On the other hand in the, images, literature and general history of Thailand Katoeys have been represented far more than most other cultures. And the generalized acceptance is much more wide spread for this to be a recent cultural adoption. This is why I suspect there is a specific transmittable genetic marker for this in Thai genetic culture. Of course adding 'Phthalates in the food chain', could increase this even more.

Before all these plastic food wrappings and chicken hormone and growth chem's etc what would you blame then, was also suggested soya. O.K. There are hormones for men to develop breast-and women to become more manly==it doesn't make them Katoys, so weight lifters taking steroids become more hetro?? and women athletes same, in reverse if a country adds food hormones-and plastics wouldn't it affect all, or are these things selective and act only on a percentage. My nephew told his mother he was gay and she said go to the doctor he will give you something for it

Some of you posters can go on and on and there may well be some slight changes affecting some youngsters-BUT not on the scale were are talking about. Genetics -past generations-if we look at animal species -similar things happen there, so I suppose plastic wrappings /soya apply there B).

Interesting article. If a person with same sex attractions sincerely wishes to comfortably be able to live a straight life and is willing to pay his dues, so to speak, it can be done.

What do you mean by 'pay his dues'?

He means 'live a lie until he can't do it any longer'. That's when he tells the wife and kids that he's gay and screws multiple lives up rather than just being honest with himself in the first place.

The problem is with Thai Buddhism as they dont allow woman to be a monk as enjoined by Lord Buddha.

However a woman monk cannot use makeup.

Not sure how you got this.

I know two women who went to be monks for a spell.

You just don't see them walking around asking for alms etc.

In Theravada Buddhism, women are not allowed to be monks. They are allowed to wear white, shave their heads but not wear orange and be ordained monks.

There are a mega amount of lady boys in Brazil, Philippines as well as Thailand. Common denominator poverty, This is not just a Thai thing, or maybe all the guys in the aforementioned countries eat out of plastic bags?

There are a mega amount of lady boys in Brazil, Philippines as well as Thailand. Common denominator poverty, This is not just a Thai thing, or maybe all the guys in the aforementioned countries eat out of plastic bags?

There is also a cultural factor to consider. In ancient Rome homosexuality was considered sort of fashionable. A lot of the stigma, for that region anyway, came along with the rise of Christianity which is nothing other than another cultural influence. I believe a similar thing can be traced back to ancient Athens if I'm not mistaken.

It has always existed.

The problem is with Thai Buddhism as they dont allow woman to be a monk as enjoined by Lord Buddha.

However a woman monk cannot use makeup.

Not sure how you got this.

I know two women who went to be monks for a spell.

You just don't see them walking around asking for alms etc.

In Theravada Buddhism, women are not allowed to be monks. They are allowed to wear white, shave their heads but not wear orange and be ordained monks.

The Sri Lankans are Theravada Buddhists (as I'd hope you know). They have fully ordained Bhikkuni. Taiwan also has ordained Theravada Bhikkuni.

To say they are "not allowed" is not quite right (a bit too braod and simplistic); there are female Thai "monks". They are not recognized as such by the Sangha and can't yet be ordained here.

There used to be quite a few ladyboys in Penang and also down Bugis Street in Singapore.

There still are in Penang. If you're walking late at night you'll be propositioned at every corner if not more often than that. And, they're nastier than Thais in terms of politeness. I won't quote anything that was said when I rejected them, just suffice to say--nastier.

There is also a cultural factor to consider. In ancient Rome homosexuality was considered sort of fashionable. A lot of the stigma, for that region anyway, came along with the rise of Christianity which is nothing other than another cultural influence. I believe a similar thing can be traced back to ancient Athens if I'm not mistaken.

It has always existed.

Sorry i thought we were talking about lady boys not homosexuality, which appears to be quite a different thing?

What I have noticed, here in Chiang mai, (don't know about other places in Thailand) a lot of ladyboys are gone, where you saw before a group of girlfriends always joined with at least 1 ladyboy they seem to be be joined by at least 1 tomboy nowadays.....

Very strange.. don't know where the ladyboys went.. and I don't know where all the tomboys come from all of a sudden...

Don't be too disapointed, keep looking you might find them

It has always existed.

Sorry i thought we were talking about lady boys not homosexuality, which appears to be quite a different thing?

In that whole point you only saw the word "homosexuality?" Fine replace it with anything you like. If you read it again maybe you'll get the point.

whistling.gif

It has always existed.

In that whole point you only saw the word "homosexuality?" Fine replace it with anything you like. If you read it again maybe you'll get the point.

whistling.gif

I read it again and can only see the word homosexuality and of course it has always existed. What is your point?whistling.gif

See I put the detestable whistling thing as well. Smart

I might be a thick Mick but I can't get my head around it (pun intended)!

If a man wants to have his bits lopped off so he looks like a female to coerce men to screw him surely to Bhudda

the man must be queer as a coot to start with!

What is all this bo llocks about transexuals being different to gays. They surely must be gay to want to have sex with another man even though they look like a woman. Bejaysus I thought the raving queens in the catholic church/any church were mad!!:annoyed:

It has always existed.

whistling.gif

I read it again and can only see the word homosexuality and of course it has always existed. What is your point?whistling.gif

See I put the detestable whistling thing as well. Smart

I love the whistling thing. whistling.gif In one simple emoticon it immediately lets someone know that something completely sailed over their head. whistling.gif

The point isn't what ancient Rome and Athens condoned at all whether it be homosexuality, transexuality, cross dressing, or bestiality. The point is the societies didn't frown upon it too greatly, so it occurred quite regularly. Compare that to a more repressive culture like modern day South Korea where almost any Korean man or woman will openly tell you that gays don't exist in Korea, if you can believe that. Maybe it paints the picture for you when compared to Thailand's culture of open mindedness.

whistling.gif

If a man wants to have his bits lopped off so he looks like a female to coerce men to screw him surely to Bhudda

What is all this bo llocks about transexuals being different to gays. They surely must be gay to want to have sex with another man even though they look like a woman. Bejaysus I thought the raving queens in the catholic church/any church were mad!!:annoyed:

Agree with you sentiments, but most gays on this board are attracted to masculine men not lady boys / transsexuals. Apparently lady boys are used by heterosexual men in the main? Do a search loads of information on this in previous topics.

Somebody gets it.

clap2.gif

Agree with you sentiments, but most gays on this board are attracted to masculine men not lady boys / transsexuals. Apparently lady boys are used by heterosexual men in the main? Do a search loads of information on this in previous topics.

Yeah, but I think his point is about the sexual orientation of the ladyboys. They don't care who takes them up on a sexual offer be it a straight man or a gay one. I completely agree with the point. A man who wants to have sex with men is gay. How he dresses, etc. etc. as far as it goes aren't disqualifying factors in my mind either.

There used to be quite a few ladyboys in Penang and also down Bugis Street in Singapore.

There still are in Penang. If you're walking late at night you'll be propositioned at every corner if not more often than that. And, they're nastier than Thais in terms of politeness. I won't quote anything that was said when I rejected them, just suffice to say--nastier.

In another life we took our Australian shipping agent on a round trip that included Singapore and Penang. Before we got our hands on him he was a teetotal scoutmaster (a 'wowser' if you know your Oz). We introduced him to whiskey and the delights of Bugis Street. He'd never seen a ladyboy before and was fascinated by them. We moved on to Penang where he'd had a few drinks before we went ashore. We were walking up the street behind a ladyboy and he grabbed hold of her arse. She turned round, took a swing and knocked him out :lol:

In another life we took our Australian shipping agent on a round trip that included Singapore and Penang. Before we got our hands on him he was a teetotal scoutmaster (a 'wowser' if you know your Oz). We introduced him to whiskey and the delights of Bugis Street. He'd never seen a ladyboy before and was fascinated by them. We moved on to Penang where he'd had a few drinks before we went ashore. We were walking up the street behind a ladyboy and he grabbed hold of her arse. She turned round, took a swing and knocked him out :lol:

cheesy.gif

Great story.

Yeah, but I think his point is about the sexual orientation of the ladyboys. They don't care who takes them up on a sexual offer be it a straight man or a gay one. I completely agree with the point. A man who wants to have sex with men is gay. How he dresses, etc. etc. as far as it goes aren't disqualifying factors in my mind either.

Of course they don't because the whole thing is poverty related, as mentioned in my earlier post. your previous post did not go over my head ( arrogance) but don't see the relevance to this topic. and i still detest the emotion crap. Homosexuality was rife in Roman times, but we are discussing lady boys are we not. Not homosexuals. There appears to be a difference. I have been to Korea many times and i don't agree with your statement.

Maybe it's all as quaintly medieval as referring to a Lord Buddha. I don't know, but a more important question to me is why disabled people are excluded from ordination ? That includes people with such as web fingers, etc. Not many people know that - including Thai people.

Of course they don't because the whole thing is poverty related, as mentioned in my earlier post. your previous post did not go over my head ( arrogance) but don't see the relevance to this topic. and i still detest the emotion crap. Homosexuality was rife in Roman times, but we are discussing lady boys are we not. Not homosexuals. There appears to be a difference. I have been to Korea many times and i don't agree with your statement.

Well I didn't visit Korea. I lived there. Koreans will deny that homosexuality exists in their country. The funny part is you'll see men who lean on each other and rest on each other and stuff like that, while wearing pink sweaters mind you, but it doesn't exist, so they claim.

Anyway, I can't believe you're so caught up on the word homosexuality. If being a ladybody had been fashionable in ancient Rome and Athens then that would be my example. As this wasn't the case it's not. whistling.gif

What they were or condoned is immaterial. My point is cultural not sexual, not sexual, not sexual, not sexual. whistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif