Buying Clothes

phuketpaddy

will be in chiang mai for november and was thinking of picking up some light trousers etc while im out there. is there anywhere in chiang mai you can get decent quality clothes that wont cost a fortune???

ive both too many designer fakes that you get <deleted> all wear out of off stalls, mostly shorts and tops but this time i just want decent quality trousers and tops so i dont stand out as a first time tourist or would i be better off buying at home??

Im a bit wary of them tailors, got some nice tops off one guy but it wasnt long before they were full of fluff and wore looking. Any suggestions, where do you do your shopping???

Lastly what range of temprature can i expect for november, 10-15 degrees maybe???

Edited by phuketpaddy

will be in chiang mai for november and was thinking of picking up some light trousers etc while im out there. is there anywhere in chiang mai you can get decent quality clothes that wont cost a fortune???

ive both too many designer fakes that you get <deleted> all wear out of off stalls, mostly shorts and tops but this time i just want decent quality trousers and tops so i dont stand out as a first time tourist or would i be better off buying at home??

Im a bit wary of them tailors, got some nice tops off one guy but it wasnt long before they were full of fluff and wore looking. Any suggestions, where do you do your shopping???

Lastly what range of temprature can i expect for november, 10-15 degrees maybe???

temperature will be somewhat higher than 10-15 in my experience in november.maybe 30c daytime 20ish on a night

temperature will be somewhat higher than 10-15 in my experience in november.maybe 30c daytime 20ish on a night

30 Degrees, jeeesus, my thai friend said it would be very cold, i was half thinking of bringing a jacket but someone else said it would be tee-shirt weather so i taught it would be cool. 30 degrees would be a scorcher over here

Expect 28 Day and around 20 Night, even in January/February (Coldest months) the night temperature MIGHT drop to 15, but by 10am, its back to shorts and t-shirt weather. Personally, I might wear a sweat shirt in the late evening - early morning, but I never resort to long pants.

Now the wife and daughters are in down jackets..........

You'll be spoilt for choice in the menswear sections of either Central department store on Huay Kaew Road or Robinsons department store at Airport Plaza (which also has plenty of smaller shops). My personal favourite brand for quality is GQ but there are plenty of others. Almost certainly better value than buying at home - assuming you mean a home outside LOS; about the same if you mean Phuket.

You'll be spoilt for choice in the menswear sections of either Central department store on Huay Kaew Road or Robinsons department store at Airport Plaza (which also has plenty of smaller shops). My personal favourite brand for quality is GQ but there are plenty of others. Almost certainly better value than buying at home - assuming you mean a home outside LOS; about the same if you mean Phuket.

Im assuming the Airport Plaza is close or near the airport??? any directions

Try the Export shop on the second floor Airport Plaza.

Even better yet, a new export shop has opened on Huay Kaew Road. Heading towards Doi Suthep, it's in a two story building on the left-hand side, just before reaching the Irrigation Canal Road (Highway 121). Much larger selection than the export shop at the Airport Plaza. I thought the prices were lower as well.

Really have something to add on the subject of clothes.

This is nothing I have ever seen anywhere elsae in the world.

Bpought a pair of jeans aT Robinson's. The legs were to long. Well the girl there measured me and then took the pants removed the hems and then resewed perfectly.

This was amaazing that a big department store would do such good work.

according to the Thai Meteorological Dept.

dail stats for November:

morning low: 19.1C ~ 66F

record low:      6.0C ~ 43F

daily hi          29.8C ~ 86F

record hi:      34.5C ~ 94F

Those are city temps. You can subtract several degrees if you are heading up to the hills, Chiang Dao, Pai, or further north towards Chiang Rai and the area drained by the Mae Kok River. You can find colder weather clothing, bit nothing fancy, at local markets that sell to the population who reside in these areas as well as at the outdoor shops across from the Northeast corner of the moat in Chiang Mai such as Kuntiraphan's.