BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Finlaco

World Class Hamburger Review

I dunno. I starting to think we have the "Where's Waldo?" of hamburger joints.

There was a time I would have driven out there and taken a photo of the place and the hamburger...

Now a decent taco would be a different story.

I suppose I'll have a look for it on the next trip to the border. But that will be a bit. And it won't be lunch time. Maybe on the way back.............

But for now, too much going on here to make the drive.

Edited by kandahar

This is a true hamburger story but I will not name the place. Wouldn't want one incident to hurt the place in the eyes of others. The owner does frequent the forum though. The place is outside of CR.

I met forum friends there for lunch and I ordered the cheeseburger. I was told that they didn't have the cheeseburger because they didn't have cheese. I ordered the hamburger, with fries. The meals for everyone else arrived and the rest of the crowd began enjoying their lunch. I waited. And waited. Finally, my burger and fries arrived. The burger was cold; not even slightly warm. The fries were hot. I figured out why the burger had taken so long to arrive and why it was cold. It was a burger from the 7-11, five or six K down the road. Seriously. I know 7-11 burgers and there was no mistaking the chopped pork patty, the bun, the distinct taste or the 7-11 toppings that were on it. As I studied it, I recalled that shortly after I ordered, one of the staff had gone outside and gotten on a motorcycle and left. I didn't pay any attention after that and didn't hear the motorcycle return but the staff member was back inside now. Slow trip to the 7-11 and charge me the menu price for a 30 baht burger. I think the menu showed 80 baht for the hamburger. I don't know why they didn't just say they were out of burgers. I would have tried something else. But after that episode, there is NO chance of me ever trying something else there.

Edited by kandahar

I am not giving directions, I think. And for certain, the place in the previous story is not the place. That place in the story isn't on the highway.

Edited by sbk

If anyone wants to know the name of the place then message Limbo.He took me there twice....End of.

Ok for the non believers. The place is called Teak House and not far past Mae Chan on the way back from Mai Sai on the left.Sorry to the Where's Wally brigade! Now be critical about The Teak House in a objective way.....

I, and probably many others that don't know, thank you. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to the visit and hope I hit it on an up day. PP

Has anyone got a phone number for any good hamburger joints?

I can't walk, and sometimes I get hungry while driving around, but I need to contact any place by phone to order.. Thanks :)

Edited by LJW

Excellent. Now I have 2 burgers to try on future trips into town.

Teak House on the way into town.

Steak House on the way back home.

:)

I vaguely remember seeing signs for these places but have never stopped or paid much attention to them.

Will look out for them now though!

The Teak house recently purchased Strip Loin and Burger Patties from Don's for trial. My friend Phil tells me that he eats at the Teak House Cafe once per week and he is very satisfied with the quality.

The place just past Mae Chan on the way into CR is called "Teak Cafe".

It is an orange building or orange sign.

It is just before you get to the Cosmo on the other side of the highway - so when you see the Cosmo on the other side of the road, start to slow down and look out for it.

I stopped at the "Steak House" on the western side of the highway yesterday for dinner.

They didn't have any beef burgers in stock (they are on the menu for 99B) so I had a pork burger (69B).

Was quite small, but for 69B was a decent portion.

The chips were average. Overcooked and not white and fluffy inside. They were hot and crisp though.

The salad was 3 slices of tomato, couple of onion rings, 4 slices of cucumber and some lettuce leaves.

Salad was nice and fresh.

The bun was average, soft and cake like and a bit too sweet for my taste. I prefer more bread like buns.

The burger had 2 thin pork patties which were tasty with a hint of garlic, but they were soft which suggests they were microwaved rather than cooked on a grill or fry pan.

Overall, not an amazing burger, but for 69B it's decent value and I'd eat it again, but wouldn't go seeking it out if I was craving a burger.

Oh and the Lung Ho iced black coffee was very good.

I have not tried the Steak House, altho the parking lot is full most of the time.

I did eat at the Teak House (or Cafe) a few months back.

Nice impressive menu including imported meats from Australia.

Even had Veal Parmezian (spelling ??).

The owners appear to be a young Thai couple that speak fairly good english.

I had a inexpensive steak combo meal with pepper corn sauce. and the Mrs had a a thai dish.

Both dishes were decent and not expensive at all.

Didn't try the burger, but wil next time.