"Today'S Best Visa" Suggestion

jaapfries

Maybe I'm the only one to have noticed this, but being a daily reader of the "Today's Best Visa", I think it might be a good idea if people inserted their area just before they write their Topic.

Example; a chap in Chiang-Mai is looking for a local Electrician. Instead of writing "Electrician Required" it would be helpful if it read instead: "CM: Electrician Required".

This simple annotation would save a lot of people a lot of time, don't you agree ?

I really like to help people, but with the relatively slow up/down-load speeds in Thailand, this effort often gets frustrated, if you know what I mean.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

:jap:

JaapFries

This topic doesn't make any sense. First of all, is the OP talking about Thaivisa or something else. If talking about Thaivisa, if you want to ask about an electrician in Chang Mai, post it in the Chang Mai local forum. You posted this topic in the Phuket forum for some unknown reason and it was moved to the Forum Support desk....

Oh well, good luck with whatever you're trying to say... ermm.gif

I think what the OP is trying to say is "try and identify which part of the country you need the info for" - as we all know different regions interpret the rules in their own way

This is much the same in the Visa section when people ask information on a certain item - you cannot give accurate answer as the regional variations vary.

I think it is a good idea to identify the area you want the info for but..................................................... will not happen jap.gif

No the OP is referring to the daily e-mail that thaivisa members receive, this email simply lists the newly posted topics for each day.

Unfortunately in that daily e-mail, the new topics are not sorted by sub-forum. It's a plain list of new topics.

So if someone posts in the Chiang Mai forum "electrician required" everyone who looks at the thaivisa forum knows that this is related to Chiang Mai, but if people look at the daily e-mail, they don't know that.

It has also been bothering me for years.

The easiest and best thing to do would be to simply list the topics in the daily e-mail by sub-forum.

So instead of:

Subject: Today's best Thaivisa topics

E-Mail Body:

° Can'T Sign Out Of Yahoo

° Wow, Read This> Falafel King Front For Drug Dealing In Chiang Mai

° How Clean Is Lamai Beach?Any Pictures

° Kawasaki

° Google Appoints New Leader For Thailand Operations

° Airasia Promotion For Visa Run Pnomhpenh

° Headphone Shops In Phuket

° Kayaking On The River Ping

° Tourist Visa Refused In Vientiane, For Semi-Strange Reason, And A Question About 30 Day Entry Stamps

° Helium Balloons

the daily e-mail would then look like

Subject: Today's best Thaivisa topics

E-Mail Body:

Computers and IT

° Can'T Sign Out Of Yahoo

° Google Appoints New Leader For Thailand Operations

Chiang Mai

° Wow, Read This> Falafel King Front For Drug Dealing In Chiang Mai

Koh Samui

° How Clean Is Lamai Beach?Any Pictures

Motoring Forum

° Kawasaki

Phuket Forum

° Airasia Promotion For Visa Run Pnomhpenh

° Headphone Shops In Phuket

This would be an easy change to program when the daily e-mail is generated.

Agreed, although it's not really a major annoyance, it can be a bit misleading if you read a headline such as "crackdown on bar closing times", only to find that the article is only referring to bars in Phuket. If the sub-headings, as suggested above, can be implemented it would be good.