What Kit To Bring - Lake Fishing

Blackandwhite

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone can make a suggestion for me

Traveling out on hols in a few weeks and I am wondering what kit could be good to bring, light simple basics, want cats, or other fun fighting fish, lakes mainly as we are staying inland.

Have lots of kit, spinning, carp, fly but do not want to bring it all

Usually I rent kit but it costs each time we go, I will start to leave kit out in Thailand at the house.

Any suggestions would be good.

You might be best off buying your kit out here unless you have some pretty heavy reels and rods? You want a 4500 to 6500 baitrunner with heavy line as a starting point and a rod thats designed for cats

Have to agree here most European stuff is not up to the job.

Okay that is great, got some bait runners, will upgrade line, is there a good fishing shop in BK - or are there plenty everywhere.

Can get Baitrunner 4500 used for about £50.00 here is it worth bringing them or buying them over there in Thailand

Hooks and stuff to by in Thailand

Okay that is great, got some bait runners, will upgrade line, is there a good fishing shop in BK - or are there plenty everywhere.

Can get Baitrunner 4500 used for about £50.00 here is it worth bringing them or buying them over there in Thailand

Hooks and stuff to by in Thailand

The 6500 would be a lot better. Depending of couse what lakes your going for. Hooks and stuff are better to buy in Thailand (if your going to bungsamran) then buy it there its a bit pricey but its made for the Thai situation.

Unless you really know about fishing here better buy it here not at home.