Non-Immi O (Marriage) Fr Kuala Lumpur

Hi

Just a quick couple of questions. I'm off to KL tomorrow, to hopefully get a Non-Immi O Visa based on marriage.

We married in the Uk. Is it necessary to get a translation of the Marriage Certificate from English to Thai? (If it is required do you know where I can get this done quickly in Bangkok tomorrow?)

I assume it is OK for the equivalent of 100,000 Thai Baht to be transferred into my UK bank account the day before I apply for the Visa and that all that is required is that I can supply a print out showing the funds in my account at the time of application.

Thanks for your help.

Jon :)

Above answer is for when you want an extension of stay from immigration. For getting the multiple non-O visa, the English marriage certificate should be enough.

EDIT:

But also take with you a copy of your wife's ID-card and her household registration. A note from her asking for a visa for you might also help.

Thanks for the replies.

Just to confirm a successful mission. I handed in the following:

Passport + 1 photo

Copy of wife's ID card (signed by her)

Copy of Household Registration (signed by her)

Copy of UK Marriage Certificate (signed by us, translation to Thai not required)

Letter from wife requesting issue of visa

UK Bank Statement, which was printed out over the Internet. Necessary funds were deposited a couple of days before.

Payment in cash 550 Ringgit

Arrived at Thai Embassy just before 9.30am, 45 min wait, handed in documents, I wasn't asked for any further information. Went back the next day at 2.45pm and walked straight to the counter to collect the Visa and all was done. Simples! :)