Buying Land Or Condo In Thailand?

Siam International Legal Group, Thailand's LARGEST legal service network is offering a free report on "How to Buy and Sell Land in Thailand."

The report covers topics such as The Process to Buy Land, The Process to Buy Condo, Property Taxes in Thailand, Examples of Tax Calculations, Frequently Asked Questions, and Ten Common Problems with Buying Land in Thailand.

Foreigners are also advised that now they can finance up to 70 percent of the value of their property purchase using the Bangkok Bank, Singapore Branch. The term of the loan is up to ten years.

To receive the free report, visit our website at:

Buying Land or Condo - Free Property Report

Siam International Legal Group

Bangkok - London - Las Vegas - Phuket - Chiang Mai

[email protected] 24 hour LIVE CHAT

45 Sukhumvit Soi 24

BTS Phrom Phong

Bangkok (66) 2 661-1362

London 0207 101 9301

Las Vegas 1-877-252-8831

Phuket 076-345-277

Chiang Mai 053-807070

Would be great to read, but the (second) link to the report (http://www.siam-legal.com/land/properties_report.html) is not working.

Siam International Legal Group, Thailand's LARGEST legal service network is offering a free report on "How to Buy and Sell Land in Thailand."

The report covers topics such as The Process to Buy Land,  The Process to Buy Condo, Property Taxes in Thailand, Examples of Tax Calculations, Frequently Asked Questions, and Ten Common Problems with Buying Land in Thailand.

Foreigners are also advised that now they can finance up to 70 percent of the value of their property purchase using the Bangkok Bank, Singapore Branch.  The term of the loan is up to ten years. 

To receive the free report, visit our website at:

Buying Land or Condo - Free Property Report

Siam International Legal Group

Bangkok - London - Las Vegas - Phuket - Chiang Mai

[email protected]  24 hour LIVE CHAT

45 Sukhumvit Soi 24

BTS Phrom Phong

Bangkok (66) 2 661-1362

London 0207 101 9301

Las Vegas 1-877-252-8831

Phuket 076-345-277

Chiang Mai 053-807070

Our link is now working for the Free Report. Sorry for the difficulty anyone may have experienced.

You can contact our Property Lawyers directly at the email below if you have any specific questions regarding purchasing land or condo in Thailand. And yes we are looking for a new web designer.

[email protected]

strange - all i get is this with no link to a 10 page report - also the live help dowsnt work....

Foreigner financing to buy land or condo

Siam International Legal Group Co., Ltd. Thailand, provides all the essential information for people who want to buy land or a condo in Thailand.

Q: Can a foreigner own a condo in Thailand?

A: Yes, foreigners can own in their name up 49 percent of the aggregated unit space of the condo development (some exceptions can apply). This is known as “freehold” ownership. It is important that the condo developer properly register the units with the government. The first thing you will want to make sure prior to paying any deposit is that your purchase will not result in this percentage being violated. The management of the condo association should be able to verify this information. If the condo is not finished, you should pay particular attention to the purchase agreement – in most cases, developers will look for you to pay up to 90 percent of the costs prior to the completion of the project. Remember the economic downturn in 1997? This turned out to be a horrible experience for buyers as developers simply went bankrupt and investors lost their down payments with little to no recourse.

Q: Can a foreigner own land or property in Thailand?

A: No, foreigners are restricted from owning land in their own name except in certain special circumstances. The two most commonly used alternatives are as follows:

Leasing: Thai law allows a 30 year maximum lease with the option of renewal.

Company ownership: A foreigner is allowed to own minority percentage of a Thai company. This company can hold the land or property. There are ways to structure the company and prepare the Articles of Association to safeguard the minority shareholder.

Q: How can I finance the land or condo purchase?

A: Our firm now offers assistance to the foreigner who desires to finance his/her purchase. Application is made with the Singapore branch of the Bangkok Bank.

Q: What properties can be financed?

A: 1. Freehold condominium, 2. Freehold land or villa, 3. Leasehold land or villa.

Q: What are the terms of the financing?

A: Up to 70 percent of the purchase price to the maximum loan amount of S$1,000,000 or equivalent amount. Repayment of principal and interest is by monthly installment. The loan tenure is a maximum of 10 years.

Q: What services can your law firm provide to assist me?

A: Our licensed lawyers will assist you through the legal process to acquire property in the Kingdom. Our Property Legal Services Package offers you the following service:

Conduct due diligence search at Land Department to check status of properties, legal ownership, lien or encumbrance, or mortgage, and report findings

Prepare draft and review Sale and Purchase Agreement (if SPA is from developer, we will perform the review)

Negotiate, Revise, Finalize the agreement if necessary

Collect, prepare and submit necessary documents to secure financing at Bangkok Bank SG

Register the Title deed, ownership transfer at Land Department

We can also assist you in preparing your contracts and agreements in both English and Thai languages.

Q: Do I have to travel outside Thailand to obtain financing?

A: Yes, the buyer must travel to the Singapore branch of Bangkok Bank to sign the necessary loan documents. Siam International Legal Group is the only Thai law firm to offer you the services of a Thai license attorney stationed in Singapore to help you through this process.

Q: Where can I visit your office?

A: Siam International Legal Group is Thailand’s largest legal service network with offices in Bangkok, London, Las Vegas, Phuket, Chiang Mai and Pattaya. We are open 24 hours everyday of the week. We offer free initial consultation by calling our Bangkok office 02-661-1362 or in Phuket office 076-345-277 or contact our 24 hour Live Chat on our website at www.siam-legal.com/contactus.html

Q: Do you provide any other services?

A: We are a full service law firm providing civil and criminal litigation, business and license registrations, Thai visas and work permits, marriage services, private investigation and visas to any country.

Looks like i've got to lower my security to get this to work - i have disabled all activex controls through ie as it is one of the biggest security risks.

Does anyone have the link the document is at, so i can go direct ?

Also I wonder if i email siam direct and they let me know what details they want from me i can email back and they send me a link to the doc ?

What do people who've got the doc think of it ?