Top Quality Bars In Bkk (no Go Go)

spurs

does anyone know the top bars to go out in bkk? ive been to q and its ace. beds good too (altough a tad sterile) any other superb joints about?

Mystique is supposed to be as good as the other 2 you mentioned so give that a go.

If you're trying to avoid particular types of girls who might relieve you of some of your financial burden by going to these places you may be mistaken...

does anyone know the top bars to go out in bkk? ive been to q and its ace. beds good too (altough a tad sterile) any other superb joints about?

What would make a bar a "top bar" maybe you mean the "in at the moment bars". Anything like the bed or discos the music is generally terrible and infested with the privilaged nitwits.

Are you looking for good beer, uppity ying, hobnobbing go-go?. I can think of many good times out but only made so by the guys we came with.

CB2, Rock (Hard Rock), Narcissus, Mystic (been closed lately),

Since you referred to the "Q Br" I'm assuming you mean clubs,

All of the above (except for Rock) play Hip Hop / House music, some trance,

Expect to pay more for booze, ID may be required, :o

Expect to pay more for booze, ID may be required,    :o

And be ready to give a urine sample.

Is that true?

It certainly happens from time to time. The only places I can think of where you'd be almost 100% sure of avoiding police raids would be the posher hotel nightclubs like Sheraton Sukhumvit, Hyatt Erawan and the Conrad. The are expensive, but normally have good foreign bands. Usually a mix of foreign businessmen, well-to-do Thais, a couple of tourists (not KSR!), a scattering of hookers-with-attitude and the odd ladyboy. If you go with friends (and don't mind the prices) it can be fun, if you are male and on your own, it can swing either way (no pun intended!).

iT seems a few people here have a rather odd view of what constitutes a "top quality bar".

BUt that is my opinion; and everyone has different ideas of what makes a top quality bar.

If we are talking about the same women that work in a gogo bar, only there not being any poles, then the places for that (which are arguably a bit more upscale and certainly more expensive) are:

Angels Disco, CM2, Q Bar, Spasso, Rivas

Of these, Q Bar plays the most onto it house music; Angels and CM2 have eurotrance poppy DJs and CM2, Spasso, Rivas all have cheesy bands playing covers as well.

For somewhere genuinely nice to sit and watch the world go by without loud music:

Diplomat, the bar at Sirocco (Distill), the bar at Sukhothai, etc, Aqua at 4 seasons

For somewhere with some music but still fairly laid back

Syn Bar, Distill

For somewhere to sit and have a nice cigar and kick back

The place @494 in the Hyatt, etc

For somewhere with decent dance music (have to check on the nite what style they are playing)

Astra, Democ, Q Bar (sometimes), Bed, Syn Bar, some of the places in Soi 4 Silom

For places with hip hop

RCA most bars; Khao San Road

For places with 4 to the floor hard house

Lucifer (that I am aware of, haven't been there in a while)

For places without any bar girls

I don't want to mention them here, because invariably whenever I introduce any place to some westerners, they ALWAYS end up bringing their own bar girls with them (either them or their friends) and the more white people there are, the more bar girls there are. It is an inevitable formula of an escalating probability. White single guys in Thailand en masse = bar girls en masse.

I cannot think of ANY bars where this is not the case!

But they are out there... however in general if you want western company; english speakers and so on...well you are going to be in the company of westerners...therefore you can expect some "curry" in the place as well. :o

Which be well good for dirty sods like moi :D:D DeM hOz B wEll KeEn On dA luK KruEnG aNd AzN pRyDe So I dIz nOt PaY iNNiT :D