BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
NancyL

Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

I just became aware of a service Chiang Mai's Immigration office is offering thru their website, http://chiangmaiimm.com/ where you can scroll down the Thai page and come to a graphic that says, "Queue Online" and be directed to a calendar and reservation system that is mostly in English. Whatever you do, don't click on the English flag at the top left of the page -- that just takes you to the English language site of the national immigration office and doesn't help you in reserving an appointment in Chiang Mai.

In looking at the Chiang Mai Immigration on-line queue, it does appear that some people are using it, because appointments for the next several days are booked. But, looking just a week ahead, I see time available. That's much better than the American Consulate's on-line reservation system, which tends to book up three or four weeks in advance. And, unlike the American's system, you can book appointments at CM Immigration several months in advance. I'm all set to book an appointment for Hubby's retirement visa extension in November!

So, has anyone used this system to handle an appointment for retirement visa extension? How did it go? I find it hard to believe you can make an appointment and stroll in at 14:00 (per your appointment) to have it handled. I think 14:00 is 2:00 pm, but I guess I should confirm that before I book an appointment for Hubby.

' I find it hard to believe you can make an appointment and stroll in at 14:00 (per your appointment) to have it handled'

I think you are right about that. Some people call it Thai time. :D

On a serious note. This sounds like good news. Please report back. :)

Edited by Semper

Not sure if this is a question, but you put it in your post.

The American Consulate online appointments are required, and have been for some time. Cannot compare to something relatively new and not required at Thai Immigration.

I, for one, will be looking forward to any posts, including from you, how the system for Thai Immigration works.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

The only thing that worries me is that the sign-up asks : "subject/question". Makes it seem like a general queue to ask a question. Either way I've made a reservation and will call tomorrow to find out if it what I'm looking for. Otherwise, I suppose I'll have to cancel the reservation and set my alarm for Monday AM......

Our clerk reserved an appointment for my annual visa extension last week, she said it is now a requirement to get an appointment? No idea, but I had never seen this many people at immigration (the long weekend definitely didn't help, though), no seats inside, quite a crowd outside. They were running late and it took us an hour to get the extension. No idea how it would have gone without an appointment, but compared to the entire mornings I had to spend there in previous years, this was a definite improvement now.

In answer to your question, NancyL, yes, I have used the online queue reservation system.

I printed it out, and went by CM Imm a couple of weeks ago to make sure it was the real thing, not a beta test, etc.

The officer at the One Stop (windows 1&2) looked at it, said yes it's a real queue reservation, and said I should appear 5-10 minutes prior to the listed time.

The only thing that worries me is that the sign-up asks : "subject/question". Makes it seem like a general queue to ask a question. Either way I've made a reservation and will call tomorrow to find out if it what I'm looking for. Otherwise, I suppose I'll have to cancel the reservation and set my alarm for Monday AM......

In my case Steve, I typed in "retirement extension".

That's what appears on the completed printed out form, and that is what I have reserved for in the queue.

Hope this helps.

In answer to your question, NancyL, yes, I have used the online queue reservation system.

I printed it out, and went by CM Imm a couple of weeks ago to make sure it was the real thing, not a beta test, etc.

The officer at the One Stop (windows 1&2) looked at it, said yes it's a real queue reservation, and said I should appear 5-10 minutes prior to the listed time.

Please help! I made the reservation and filled in the information. I entered it and it made the reservation, but did not see any information to print or any kind or res #. Now it has my reservation as requested, and I have no print out. What is it you are supposed to print? Can you help?

Just made a booking for our retirement visa renewal in September. Could those that have used the new system post anything extra we need to know, which window to go to initially etc.

If this works effectively it will be a major bonus-kudos to CM IMM.

Perhaps this is worth being pinned?

If this works effectively it will be a major bonus-kudos to CM IMM.

If it works effectively, then it's sure to be canned.

Edited by uptheos

What is it you are supposed to print?

which window to go to initially etc.

Hope someone has an answer to the two above questions as it would be very useful. I will need to use it in a few weeks.

Please help! I made the reservation and filled in the information. I entered it and it made the reservation, but did not see any information to print or any kind or res #. Now it has my reservation as requested, and I have no print out. What is it you are supposed to print? Can you help?

Hello Lifer,

I have just returned from Imm. to query what to do about the exact situation you describe.

I booked appointments for both my wife and myself only to find that because of a "block' on the computer I was unable to get a queue number (or anything else, for that matter)that I could print out.

Our appointments were logged in but there was no apparent way I could cancel and reset for another attempt without being able to provide a reference number.

After a number of different bits of advice I was told, this morning, to present ourselves at due times when our names would be called.

We can live in hopes. If you choose to visit Imm. Dept. and query your own situation, you might be good enough to confirm whether I've been given the right story or not. I'll take my chances.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird

With all this coming and going + all the anxiety it is seemingly inducing, is it worth it?

Wouldn't it just be easier just to get there early one day a year?

With all this coming and going + all the anxiety it is seemingly inducing, is it worth it?

You are probably right but the way the numbers are constantly increasing you may well have to camp overnight by Christmas.

Couple of useful posts you have made relating to this attempt by immigration to make life easier for them and us!