Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

NancyL

My reservation at Immigration worked out perfectly although they did mention that one needs to say exactly what kind of visa one is extending (retirement, business, marriage)and that if one books a spot online they should have someone at Immigration check their documents before the official appointment to save time.

How to make that happen remains unclear, but hopefully it will be more apparent by next year.

As busy as they are at CM Immigration, can't imagine them taking the time to go thru your docs. The officer that does ours is pretty fast at getting them organized. I think the key is is check latest info on line from TV, then have your docs all lined up in a folder so you can hand them to her as she needs them. It goes pretty fast. Two copies of everything, including map and pictures for marriage extension. Not sure about retirement extension.

I think they could use a room for customers twice the size as the one they enclosed. Your practically standing on others feet while your waiting to get your name called when there are no seats to get out of the way.

Once you have gone thru the process you will have your docs down pat. Just watch TV for changes.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my accountant come with me every year and she knows them and she knows what documents are required from their website, but they always give half the documents back as not neccesary and sometimes ask for something different that we did not bring.

CM Imm is working lunch hours (12 AM- 1 PM) to process 90 day address reporting (TM47) now.

I was told this by the officer who did my retirement extension a few weeks ago.

Yes, there was actually a sign on the door a couple of weeks ago saying this.

Someone has to go to lunch at one o'clock instead of twelve, which is a major breakthrough, considering government workers lunch hours are written in stone.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had an appointment the 1st of Dec. 11.00 and my name was announced exactly at 11.00. I succeeded to make Extension of retirementvisa, re-entrypermit and 90-dayscheck within one hour ! Excellent service if you ask me.

Good luck !

Sonny

Hi,

I had an appointment the 1st of Dec. 11.00 and my name was announced exactly at 11.00. I succeeded to make Extension of retirementvisa, re-entrypermit and 90-dayscheck within one hour ! Excellent service if you ask me.

Good luck !

Sonny

I'm just curious if you used the same appointment for your extension to also do your re-entry permit or did you get a ticket number for the permit.

Hi,

Good luck !

Sonny

I'm just curious if you used the same appointment for your extension to also do your re-entry permit or did you get a ticket number for the permit.

Sonny 49 may have had a different experience, but I've always gotten a new ticket for the re-entry permit. For one thing, you need a copy of your newly issued visa extension in order to apply for the re-entry permit so you have to trot off to the copy shop for that. Also, they won't let you do a 90 day report unless you're within the window of expiration of your previous 90 day report. I wish I could get the timing of my visa extension and 90 day report back in sync! Instead, it's "see you next month for 90 day report!"

It may be different at other Immigration offices, but this has been my experience in Chiang Mai.

1318696967[/url]' post='4767845']

CM Imm is working lunch hours (12 AM- 1 PM) to process 90 day address reporting (TM47) now.

Working lunch breaks? Wonders will never cease - this would be a great idea! Actually splitting staff lunch breaks - must be a first for Thailand? ;)

Today Dec 6 I was in town killing time until 3 Pm to go into Immigration for my 90 day report when at 12:15 I found myself close by to Immigration and decided to drop in to see if I could do the 90 day report.

The waiting room was 50% occupied with people waiting for the afternoon session. The ticket machine was off so I went directly to the 90 day report window,

handed my completed paper work. Five minutes later I was out the door good to go for another 90 days. The system is working.

Jolly Roger

• 6 months later...

The new limit is 3 months for those who are booking years in advance:

http://chiangmaiimm.com/index.php

" Of. immigration.. Extend. the. Queue on.line. is. 9.00 9.30 10.00 10.30 11.00 13.30 14.00 14.30 15.00 and. 15.30 from. 23 April 2555. onwards..

Only 1 person per 1 queue and within 3 months."

They served you during lunch time? They always tell me to come back afterwards.

Yeah, I'm surprised, too.

Not me I have heard that from several other people also.

My last visit at noon the fellow stopped looked at me and the fellow I was talking with and said you and you. right into his lunch time.

Let's face it Thai Visa is not noted for giving complements. There are lots of other people who have had good experiences they just don't post it. Also if you have a question there is generally some one on TV that can help you.

• 3 months later...

If it was "down," it is no longer, but a scan of days within the permissible 100-daylimit shows few openings.

It is, however, unfortunate that the Immigration Department does not help itself more by making some adjustments to the web site so that information is more immediately accessible and that basic information covering common questions regarding procedures and documentations are made available in English, a relatively common foreign language. Such improvements would be helpful not only to those seeking information but to those who work there.

• 6 months later...

Today stand in line waiting. Since there is no paper anymore early in the morning to sign in I will also try to Q online. I think I have to book today already because it's almost full up to 80 days...

1 Q per 100 days per person it says while you get 90 days only.

After all today many people waited for nothing in line (again), it's not nice. 1 Q per 100 days is just silly if it's true.

Today stand in line waiting. Since there is no paper anymore early in the morning to sign in I will also try to Q online. I think I have to book today already because it's almost full up to 80 days...

After all today many people waited for nothing in line (again), it's not nice. 1 Q per 100 days is just silly if it's true.

Are you using the on-line for 90 days?

If so PLEASE stop, that's not what it's for.

No I did not, so 90 day report is just walk in right?

Yes, that's correct, there is a big thread running on this forum where you will read various reports, tactics, best times to go etc......you just have to guess what's fact and what's fantasy.

Yes, that's correct, there is a big thread running on this forum where you will read various reports, tactics, best times to go etc......you just have to guess what's fact and what's fantasy.

Right, thank you. I got 2 facts, number 240 haha so back home and there is no fun, cheers mate