Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

NancyL

Well I had a go at it and entered all the information that was asked and pressed submit. I got a English worded message that didn't make sense. The time slot I selected now showed the name I entered. The date I requested remained on the display but all the other information I entered was gone. I made a pdf copy of the display anyway. I never got a "Queue online Card" or a queue code. I closed the window and I returned once again to the date and the time slot was still reserved but without the name. I decided to check if I could cancel my appointment but it asked me for a queue code which of course I never got.

I can't see how this online queue would be required for all visits as there are only 6 1 hour time slots per day. A number of procedures such as 90 day reporting or tourist visa extensions take about 15 minutes to process.

Well, you are quite right, vagabond.

I went back to the site with the intention of booking another time slot, and then canceling same, as an experiment to troubleshoot the problems others were having.

I could not get it to display what I saw before.

I tried every possible combo- entering the security code 1st, filling out the form 1 line at a time and hitting "submit" for each completed line, filling out the form in its entirety before hitting "submit", etc..

All I succeeded in doing was making 3 unnecessary reservations, for dates and times I don't need....and with no way to cancel same (as just like you, I never got a queue code).

Something has changed between the time I first did this and now.

I just hope I will be able to cancel those time slots that I unnecessarily reserved....:unsure:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' I find it hard to believe you can make an appointment and stroll in at 14:00 (per your appointment) to have it handled'

I think you are right about that. Some people call it Thai time. :D

On a serious note. This sounds like good news. Please report back. :)

I read about this immigration service today.....Accessed the CM Immigration website....filled in my application of 'retirement 'extension for 14.00 ..30 th November. screen changed and I think I had confirmation of the booking,but the reason for the appointment was not shown....so I dont realy know if it has worked.

I sent an email message to them pointing this out,which might be confusing to the applicants.

Nevertheless this online service does appear attractive. I know that in the past I and other TV members had suggested the idea to Immigration officers...seems like they were attracted to it !

I will give it a few days to see if I get a reply to my email....and possibly give them a visit for some confirmation.

Edited by gennisis

In answer to your question, NancyL, yes, I have used the online queue reservation system.

I printed it out, and went by CM Imm a couple of weeks ago to make sure it was the real thing, not a beta test, etc.

The officer at the One Stop (windows 1&2) looked at it, said yes it's a real queue reservation, and said I should appear 5-10 minutes prior to the listed time.

I have made a online queue reservation to renew my 1 year extention of stay. The date and time are confirmed but l was not able to print out the ticket number. Can l recover the ticket number and print it now as my printer had a problem when l booked. Many thanks

I also made one appointment that did not issue a Que card tried again and got the print out etc for a revised time and date.

I have printed out a letter to immigration with the info relating to the original appointment request asking them to cancel.

Will drop it off next week. Might not be a bad idea for others that did multiple bookings to do the same as we don't want to jeopardize what looks like a good innovation?

I have also suggested they put in a feedback form on site to help resolve the problems that will no doubt occur in the early stages.

I believe they try to accommodate crowds as best they can. Otherwise, you should understand that the real problem is the flood of farang who are spoiled children! Given the growing butt sizes of some Americans, it does sometimes get a little crowded?

Look at it this way. There is really no line except for NI-O and NI-OA visas, including renewals. Want a re-entry permit? Very simple, really, with little wait. Want to do a 90-day report? Very easy and quick to do.

So what's the problem considering the enormous influx of helpless often quite self-centered farang trying to find a cheap paradise?! You should be glad don't have to put up with working there!

Until the problem is solved permanently, by making one-year-extensions valid for five years at-a-time, or better-still totally unnecessary, and re-entry permits no-longer-required, then there will be crowds.

Perhaps the Immigration might move the 90-day-reporting (or some other service ?) back to the small-building across-the-yard, and thus reduce the number of people waiting in too-small a space ? Good Luck to the Immigration-officers in finding a solution soon, to the problem of growing numbers, before the problem reaches 'Black Hole of Calcutta' dimensions ! B)

You're going to need to set your alarm clock. Nowadays, you need to show up at the door of Immigration at 6 am to be one of the first in line. Seriously, I do think people will be camping out overnight by Christmas unless this appointment system really works out. I hope the Immigration officials read this thread and make some changes to their website on what is really a very "good start" at easing some of the crowding at their office.

Yes, I agree that it's getting ridiculous and some kind of online system to book might ease the burden. I don't see any reason why they can't also have a 'walk in' appointment system, that is linked to a computer, whereby they could look at the current appointment calendar and give you a slot where available. They are able to run this system in hospitals, so it could work at immigration. There are many elderly people living here that have minimal computer skills, so whilst online is good, it should be complimented with being able to make a personal appointment or someone going in and making it on your behalf.

Edited by uptheos

Until the problem is solved permanently, by making one-year-extensions valid for five years at-a-time

Too simple - so it will never happen, even though DL are issued for 5 years.

Edited by uptheos

Lifer, in answer to the above re: printing.

OK, filling out the form is clunky.

The calender obscures the field where data is entered. And if you dont read Thai, you have to intuit dates in future months by counting up from the default, which is the current month.

You find out what to fill in by hitting the "Submit" button, and reading the error message! :whistling:

It sounds like you did not fill out all the fields, as when the form is completed, and all the data has been entered, it takes you to a page that is your final confirmation. The final page is titled "Queue online Card". It has a queue code, the date and time of the scheduled appt, your name and reason. You either print that page, or if no printer save it as a pdf, put it on a flash drive and get it printed elsewhere (as I did).

If you did not see that page, or didn't save it....well I don't know what your chances are when you show up at the appointed time.

Good luck.

Thanks for attempting to help us. I went to the month of August, picked my date, and then filled out all the blocks including date, name, security code, etc. and entered. Went it entered, it reserved the correct date and time, but did not indicate any queue code or page to copy or print. My day and time says reserved/booked. As others have tried, I can't cancel the reservation and re-input because I don't have a Q code, like the others. The discomforting part of all this is to show up expecting to be called in the back for the appointment, just to sit there in a mob waiting for something to happen. Thanks again for helping.

Please help! I made the reservation and filled in the information. I entered it and it made the reservation, but did not see any information to print or any kind or res #. Now it has my reservation as requested, and I have no print out. What is it you are supposed to print? Can you help?

Hello Lifer,

I have just returned from Imm. to query what to do about the exact situation you describe.

I booked appointments for both my wife and myself only to find that because of a "block' on the computer I was unable to get a queue number (or anything else, for that matter)that I could print out.

Our appointments were logged in but there was no apparent way I could cancel and reset for another attempt without being able to provide a reference number.

After a number of different bits of advice I was told, this morning, to present ourselves at due times when our names would be called.

We can live in hopes. If you choose to visit Imm. Dept. and query your own situation, you might be good enough to confirm whether I've been given the right story or not. I'll take my chances.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot. I will probably go in next week and check. My concern is that if they have made this mandatory, as the US Consulate did, how will they handle those that don't know about the system that go in to get their extensions. Is there a procedure to take care of the walk-ins. There really needs to be more information and clarification from immigration. I just happened to find out the new procedure this afternoon on Thai visa post. Thanks again for your reply.

I'll be able to tell you how it worked out after Tuesday 2nd August.

Cheers.

I look forward to hearing how it went with your August 2 appointment. Thx.

Perhaps those who have tried using it post what browser they are using. Perhaps it only works properly with IE?

Firefox- open the window to full page to see all that is necessary to complete the reservation and get the Que confirmation.

Perhaps those who have tried using it post what browser they are using. Perhaps it only works properly with IE?

Using FF 3.6 After entering all the information, I never got a "Queue online Card" or a queue code.

Same.

My visa is due for renewal at the beginning of September.

Whatever this is, it`s not working.

Will pop into Immigration with the missis and ask, why? Where? How?

Take your netbooks, iPads or iPhones......get up at 5 am and go figure out how to do it, whilst waiting for immigration to open, I'm sure there's WiFi around there. Then if you don't figure it out at least you'll probably be in time for a place that day.

Edited by uptheos

Please help! I made the reservation and filled in the information. I entered it and it made the reservation, but did not see any information to print or any kind or res #. Now it has my reservation as requested, and I have no print out. What is it you are supposed to print? Can you help?

Hello Lifer,

I have just returned from Imm. to query what to do about the exact situation you describe.

I booked appointments for both my wife and myself only to find that because of a "block' on the computer I was unable to get a queue number (or anything else, for that matter)that I could print out.

Our appointments were logged in but there was no apparent way I could cancel and reset for another attempt without being able to provide a reference number.

After a number of different bits of advice I was told, this morning, to present ourselves at due times when our names would be called.

We can live in hopes. If you choose to visit Imm. Dept. and query your own situation, you might be good enough to confirm whether I've been given the right story or not. I'll take my chances.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot. I will probably go in next week and check. My concern is that if they have made this mandatory, as the US Consulate did, how will they handle those that don't know about the system that go in to get their extensions. Is there a procedure to take care of the walk-ins. There really needs to be more information and clarification from immigration. I just happened to find out the new procedure this afternoon on Thai visa post. Thanks again for your reply.

I'll be able to tell you how it worked out after Tuesday 2nd August.

Cheers.

I look forward to hearing how it went with your August 2 appointment. Thx.

Hello Lifer and anyone else in the same boat.

Tomorrow is the test but I thought I'd mention that I passed Imm. Dept. again today and asked other staff (Information) what would happen when I presented myself on due appointment time without a queue number. I was again told that my on-line reservations would apply . So relax a little and I'll be able to give you the ACTUAL outcome tomorrow p.m.

Cheers.

I am mystified as to why I was successful in generating a "Queue online Card" and everyone thereafter no luck.

I did it the day it was originally posted by briley on another thread.

I think it is a programming error, judging by the clunkiness of the site.

Probably I was 1st, and was the only one issued a "Card"

Here's a copy of what I got, with personal info deleted:

post-23786-0-75649500-1312203107_thumb.j

The online reservation is the best thing to happen at immigration since air conditioning..... I had the same problem when making my reservation, I was not able to print anything. I showed up today for my 1pm appointment at 12:55pm. Checked in with the interns at the middle aisle, they had a print out of today's reservations. No need for any numbers, your passport will suffice. At 1pm they called my name and off to the desk in the back. Sat at the desk for about 10mins while the officer completed the documents, paid and waited another 10 mins to get my passport back.

The online reservation is the best thing to happen at immigration since air conditioning..... I had the same problem when making my reservation, I was not able to print anything. I showed up today for my 1pm appointment at 12:55pm. Checked in with the interns at the middle aisle, they had a print out of today's reservations. No need for any numbers, your passport will suffice. At 1pm they called my name and off to the desk in the back. Sat at the desk for about 10mins while the officer completed the documents, paid and waited another 10 mins to get my passport back.

That's good news Steve, guess all the naysayers will now be rushing to get their appointments done. :rolleyes: I also think is a great step forward for immigration- good for them. Is it only Chiang Mai or other provinces does anyone know?

I was also one of the few to get the print out.

OK OK so sue me!

To prove my skepticism wrong I just tried it on IE browser and it worked a treat.

Now have my booking form with name, date and time + que code printed out.

My only suggestion is make your booking for well in advance of the actual renewal date.............you never know. wink.gif

A suggestion for CMI might be to confirm by email, as you need to give your email address.

Edited by uptheos

OK OK so sue me!

To prove my skepticism wrong I just tried it on IE browser and it worked a treat.

My only suggestion is make your booking for well in advance of the actual renewal date.............you never know. wink.gif

A suggestion for CMI might be to confirm by email, as you need to give your email address.

:D

I mentioned the email confirmation when I went in yesterday, it's early days so improvements should happen. And I booked for September, well in advance.

OK OK so sue me!

I mentioned the email confirmation when I went in yesterday, it's early days so improvements should happen. And I booked for September, well in advance.

I will mention it too, if it's not implemented by the time I go. It would be so easy, as there is not a big list to reply to and people would feel reassured.

Great idea, here's hoping other Immigration offices do the same (Samui Immigration are you listening?)

As I read the problems I realized this is a browser issue, we have to register our guests with Samui Immigration and their site is geared for IE only as are many govt websites it seems.

Use IE when booking or have IE tab in firefox and these issues should be resolved. I dont think anyone should bother asking them to make it ff compatible tho...

thats probably too much to ask :P

As an FYI this is the direct link for the queuing system

http://chiangmaiimm.com/Marea/quer/quer_online.php

Hello Lifer and anyone else in the same boat.

Tomorrow is the test but I thought I'd mention that I passed Imm. Dept. again today and asked other staff (Information) what would happen when I presented myself on due appointment time without a queue number. I was again told that my on-line reservations would apply . So relax a little and I'll be able to give you the ACTUAL outcome tomorrow p.m.

Cheers.

Everything went like clockwork despite not having a queue number. My name was called at 1.00 p.m., on schedule, and there was nothing but courtesy and efficiency extended. Really great. Went on to apply separately for both 90 day renewal and multi-entry visa. That place appears to have adopted a wonderful new culture of helpfulness. Hope the booking system becomes permanently instituted.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird

Unfortunately the below is all I can see and can't tell what each line does, both FF5 & IE9. Could someone post a snapshot of the full, non-covered, reservation page?

post-566-0-93830400-1312277924_thumb.jpg

:lol:

Only working with IE8, I had the same view no matter what I did.

I just typed (blind) behind the calender, and found out what to type by hitting the "Submit" button, and reading the error messages. Talk about reverse engineering....:blink:

OK, kudos to CM Imm for this system. But it definitely needs some refining.;)

With IE 8 try to go to the Chiang Mai Immigration web page and use the "Queue Online" link button. There should then be a popup which should be sized correctly. Just loading the address of the popup is not the same thing. At least that put the correct sizing up for me on IE 9.

MSPain

Unfortunately the below is all I can see and can't tell what each line does, both FF5 & IE9. Could someone post a snapshot of the full, non-covered, reservation page?

I just typed (blind) behind the calender, and found out what to type by hitting the "Submit" button, and reading the error messages. Talk about reverse engineering....:blink:

With IE 8 try to go to the Chiang Mai Immigration web page and use the "Queue Online" link button. There should then be a popup which should be sized correctly. Just loading the address of the popup is not the same thing. At least that put the correct sizing up for me on IE 9.

Fantastic. That worked perfectly with FF5 bringing a popup with all fields visible. Thanks a lot for that. I know I did it the first time using the main page link but opened in a new tab and as such the window was maximized. Using the link sbk supplied (direct link) shows the fields hidden but shrinking the browser window width it will display everything fine.

post-566-0-65111900-1312297652_thumb.jpg

problems with IE? BBC

problems with IE? BBC

Off topic... but... I think IE users with a higher IQ were intelligent enough to stay away from the test.

MSPAIN

Edited by hml367