Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

NancyL

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had a go at it and entered all the information that was asked and pressed submit. I got a English worded message that didn't make sense. The time slot I selected now showed the name I entered. The date I requested remained on the display but all the other information I entered was gone. I made a pdf copy of the display anyway. I never got a "Queue online Card" or a queue code. I closed the window and I returned once again to the date and the time slot was still reserved but without the name. I decided to check if I could cancel my appointment but it asked me for a queue code which of course I never got.

I can't see how this online queue would be required for all visits as there are only 6 1 hour time slots per day. A number of procedures such as 90 day reporting or tourist visa extensions take about 15 minutes to process.

vagabond48

Tried to enter the site but my way was blocked as a dangerous page by my compueter security owing to scams and fraud

vagabond48

Tried to enter the site but my way was blocked as a dangerous page by my compueter security owing to scams and fraud

I tried it again about 4 days ago and get a schedule appointment. The online queue software worked as it should have, unlike the 1st time. I use FF 3.6, zone alarm and Avira AV and had no security alerts.

Just returned. Had a 1:00 pm appointment and was called at exactly 1:00 pm. No need to que for a number. Was out of there by 1:25 (Renew Education Visa).

Also, my immigration officer said now, 90 day renewels can be done 2 weeks prior to date or 1 week after.

Good information - thank you. smile.gif

Just returned. Had a 1:00 pm appointment and was called at exactly 1:00 pm. No need to que for a number. Was out of there by 1:25 (Renew Education Visa).

Also, my immigration officer said now, 90 day renewels can be done 2 weeks prior to date or 1 week after.

Great to hear its working. Is the appointment system becoming mandatory now or still optional. Also, is it being used for 90 day and re-entry permits (by appointment)too? I have noticed that many of the avail times are being booked way out ahead now.

Great feedback by TV Chiangmai!

Great to hear its working. Is the appointment system becoming mandatory now or still optional. Also, is it being used for 90 day and re-entry permits (by appointment)too? I have noticed that many of the avail times are being booked way out ahead now.

Great feedback by TV Chiangmai!

I think the system would be wasted for 90 day reporting and probably even re-entry permits both of which normally take little time, on the other hand perfect for one year extensions etc that take 45 minutes or more with the officers having to wade through the reams of copied paperwork which in many cases has been supplied many time before.

Computerization is of course the key, but I guess baby steps are in order with the online booking being a good start.

I think the system would be wasted for 90 day reporting and probably even re-entry permits both of which normally take little time, on the other hand perfect for one year extensions etc that take 45 minutes or more with the officers having to wade through the reams of copied paperwork which in many cases has been supplied many time before.

Absolutely!

Immigration should introduce a drop down menu for retirement, marriage, work permit etc, and leave 90 day and re-entry off.

At the moment it's up to each individual just to choose what they want.

just remember though... you report 2 weeks early and you lose 2 weeks off the 90 days...meaning if you were due the 30th of the month.. you go in on the17th of the month, your next report date will be on or about the 17th 3 months later and NOT the 30th of the month, 3 months later...

just remember though... you report 2 weeks early and you lose 2 weeks off the 90 days...meaning if you were due the 30th of the month.. you go in on the17th of the month, your next report date will be on or about the 17th 3 months later and NOT the 30th of the month, 3 months later...

Makes no difference to me - I go in and out of the country anyway, so my 90 report never coincides. What you are saying can only work if you never leave the country at all.

Edited by uptheos

well, i thought we are talking about 90 day reports and the timing of them and how it relates to when you do the report... early or on the exact date... nothing at all to do with leaving the country.

Sorry a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to renewing a visa extension and saying that doing the 90 day at the same time..........or something like that. huh.gif

Apologies. smile.gif

Give me air !!!!! Exhausting thread !!! But some good information.

I agree entirely with those above who suggest that to book for the 90-day extension or for re-entry visas is totally unnecessary. Doing so won't do more than marginally speed things up, and actually will block appointment times unnecessarily. That certainly isn not considerate of those suffering through the longer visa processes. I suppose we will all soon read of the first entrepreneur who sells his place in line!!!

90-day visas are done in a flash. The re-entry process takes time for officers to do the necessary, but the waiting line is rarely if ever long. Filling in the paperwork normally takes longer. Do it ahead of time!

What is the altogether best solution? Come properly prepared for any visa business! You might actually enjoy a hug from an officer, perhaps a pretty one. Note all the documentation requirements in advance. They really haven't undergone significant change for quite some time. Regarding the requirements on extending the time within which to report, the immigration people have become increasingly forgiving except in egregious cases. Not their fault! Yours!

Actually, coming a bit over-prepared is not a bad idea. For example, if you are renewing a retirement visa using a bank letter, have photocopies of all of your actual bank book pages that actually prove how long you have had the required lucre in the bank. That's not really over-doing it. They will want them. If you are particularly seedy in appearance and an American, don't expect much sympathy with your little piece of paper from the U.S. Consulate for too much longer. The Thai government is becoming increasingly annoyed.

I suggest that time could be running out for those who fib. And remember, the officer can request any sort of verification he or she wishes to see. :o

Immigration people have remarkably slow fuses considering the nonsense they put up with.

Great idea, here's hoping other Immigration offices do the same (Samui Immigration are you listening?)

As I read the problems I realized this is a browser issue, we have to register our guests with Samui Immigration and their site is geared for IE only as are many govt websites it seems.

Use IE when booking or have IE tab in firefox and these issues should be resolved. I dont think anyone should bother asking them to make it ff compatible tho...

thats probably too much to ask :P

As an FYI this is the direct link for the queuing system

http://chiangmaiimm.com/Marea/quer/quer_online.php

Gearing to IE browsers isn't at all unusual, but Microsoft is no longer king of the mountain. Those among posters here who are competent --- and I think there are several --- could volunteer to help. Now, that might sound odd, but why not? Carefully, that is! Overtures to decrease the workload of Thai bureaucrats by volunteering have, in some places, been welcomed. But don't ever approach them sweaty, over-eager and over-confident acting like you are Bill Gates' nephew (or uncle). You do have to prove yourself, and you should have a "sponsor" they trust. If you don't follow some basic courtesies, not particular to Thailand, and dispel understandable bureaucratic doubts (again, hardly particular to Thailand) that would spoil everything !!!!!

Go for it!!!!! -- those, that is, who have learnt all the secrets of programing and whatever! And have a valid visa !!!!

Give me air !!!!! Exhausting thread !!! But some good information.

I agree entirely with those above who suggest that to book for the 90-day extension or for re-entry visas is totally unnecessary. Doing so won't do more than marginally speed things up, and actually will block appointment times unnecessarily. That certainly isn not considerate of those suffering through the longer visa processes. I suppose we will all soon read of the first entrepreneur who sells his place in line!!!

90-day visas are done in a flash. The re-entry process takes time for officers to do the necessary, but the waiting line is rarely if ever long. Filling in the paperwork normally takes longer. Do it ahead of time!

What is the altogether best solution? Come properly prepared for any visa business! You might actually enjoy a hug from an officer, perhaps a pretty one. Note all the documentation requirements in advance. They really haven't undergone significant change for quite some time. Regarding the requirements on extending the time within which to report, the immigration people have become increasingly forgiving except in egregious cases. Not their fault! Yours!

Actually, coming a bit over-prepared is not a bad idea. For example, if you are renewing a retirement visa using a bank letter, have photocopies of all of your actual bank book pages that actually prove how long you have had the required lucre in the bank. That's not really over-doing it. They will want them. If you are particularly seedy in appearance and an American, don't expect much sympathy with your little piece of paper from the U.S. Consulate for too much longer. The Thai government is becoming increasingly annoyed.

I suggest that time could be running out for those who fib. And remember, the officer can request any sort of verification he or she wishes to see. :o

Immigration people have remarkably slow fuses considering the nonsense they put up with.

90-day visas are done in a flash

Actually they are not. You have to be there well before 08.00 to write your name, then you have to waite for youyr name is called. then you get your number,then you have to wait until your number turns up. Then you can hand ower your papers. All in all, it's about an hour and a half. ;)

Edited by Semper

Actually they are not.

Clearly he is referring to 90 day reporting which are normally 'done in a flash' as you can't get a 90 day visa within Thailand AFAIK.

Yes, I was reffering to the 90 day reporting. Everytime I've done it it's 1.5 hours. :)

Actually they are not.

Clearly he is referring to 90 day reporting which are normally 'done in a flash' as you can't get a 90 day visa within Thailand AFAIK.

Yes, I was reffering to the 90 day reporting. Everytime I've done it it's 1.5 hours. :)

The trick to doing a 90-day report in a "flash" is NOT to arrive first thing in the morning. Let everyone coming for visa extensions, etc, fight it out to be first in line. Waltz in around 10 am once the dust has settled or better yet, wait until 3 pm. The place actually has empty chairs at that hour!

Actually they are not.

I suggest you change your timing. Or do it by post.

The trick to doing a 90-day report in a "flash" is NOT to arrive first thing in the morning. Let everyone coming for visa extensions, etc, fight it out to be first in line. Waltz in around 10 am once the dust has settled or better yet, wait until 3 pm. The place actually has empty chairs at that hour!

Thanks, I'll try this next time. That is if the on line thing doesn't work out. I have an appointment next month but no queue number. :(

I don't think printing out the que card with que number is important. They have a list of who has what time and just call the name. So I wouldn't sweat it too much if you don't have one. If they ask, just show passport and it will correspond with the name they have on their list. EZ squeezy.

Shhhhhhh. I thought I was the only one who knew. ;)

Edited by vagabond48

I think I broke the code on why some posters are unable to print out queue code cards.

You must disable all pop-up blockers within the browser you are using or 'Allow" the CM Immigration website to open pop-ups. I was having the same problem, and once I disabled both IE9 pop-up blockers AND Google Tool Bar pop-up blockers, voila! You will be directed to a new page that shows your confirmation code. This can be printed out or saved as a PDF file as a previous poster has stated. After making an on-line appt and receiving the confirmation code, I quickly canceled the same appointment to confirm that the Immigration booking system works. It does!

Now, the issue as I see it will be several, perhaps dozens/hundreds of such attempts being made which correctly place an appointment on the system, but for which the person making the booking may not intend to actually use that appointment...as many are probably experimenting with the site.

If you do make an appointment and do not intend to use it, PLEASE notify Chiang Mai Immigration so that the officers can delete your booking and restore that time slot for use by others.

If you do make an appointment and do not intend to use it, PLEASE notify Chiang Mai Immigration so that the officers can delete your booking and restore that time slot for use by others.

I thought there was a 'cancel' part. If you go to the form, it will have your name against the time and I think you can cancel.

Thanks, I'll try this next time. That is if the on line thing doesn't work out. I have an appointment next month but no queue number. :(

My goodness, to think people say I'm tightly-wound. Come on, you didn't book that appointment on-line for the last date of your 90-day reporting window, did you? If it doesn't work out, what's the big deal? Just come back at 3 pm on the next day.

OK, I'm willing to retract this post if Sempher lives in some remote part of the province that involves an elephant trek or slog over hilly, muddy, rutted roads in a 4WD vehicle to come to the CM Immigration office. In which case, I can recommend some nice hotels in town if he needs to stay overnight to sort out his 90 day report the next day.