Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

NancyL

I don't get it why would you want an appointment for a 90 day report when you can go in around 3pm and be out in less than 30 minutes.Actual time at the desk while the guy checks your form,stamps it,gives you the bottom piece with next report date, takes about 5 minutes. :unsure:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under "Reason for extension visa"

Would it be correct to put 'extension of one year marriage visa'

Is that what others on marriage visa have successfully one?

Thanks.

T

I don't know if others have used the queue system specifically for marriage extensions, but yes...that is what you fill in on this part of the form. Marriage extension.

Whether it be business, marriage, retirement, missionary, education, etc., that is the reason you fill in depending on your personal circumstances for "visa extension".

Not 90 day address reporting, or re-entry or other mundane 5 minute immigration matters.

Until CM Imm refines the website and the process, people will probably continue to make an hour long time slot appointment for something that can be accomplished without an appointment in 5 minutes.....:whistling:

I don't get it why would you want an appointment for a 90 day report when you can go in around 3pm and be out in less than 30 minutes.Actual time at the desk while the guy checks your form,stamps it,gives you the bottom piece with next report date, takes about 5 minutes. :unsure:

I agree 100%.

I've decided to begin doing all my 90 day reporting by mail, as is perfectly legal and acceptable.

Will be trying it for the first time in a few weeks.

Was told at Imm to mail 2 weeks in advance of the report date.

I suggest all resident farang here in CM to consider this.

A lot of the mob at Imm are 90 day report people.

It would ease things up considerably if everyone used this method....

Thanks.

T

I don't know if others have used the queue system specifically for marriage extensions, but yes...that is what you fill in on this part of the form. Marriage extension.

Whether it be business, marriage, retirement, missionary, education, etc., that is the reason you fill in depending on your personal circumstances for "visa extension".

Not 90 day address reporting, or re-entry or other mundane 5 minute immigration matters.

Until CM Imm refines the website and the process, people will probably continue to make an hour long time slot appointment for something that can be accomplished without an appointment in 5 minutes.....:whistling:

Oh well, there is always people who like to hang around for 1 hour to make some paperworks that take 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

T

Oh well, there is always people who like to hang around for 1 hour to make some paperworks that take 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

I appreciate the information contained in these messages and particularly the information that seems to suggest that the Queue Card system is meant for visa extensions. My thoughts when making the reservation in October for my 90 day report was that the system is presently being used as an experiment with bugs to be worked out in the next few months. Once the time slots are all filled, there may be more provided and yes, perhaps the type of activity being reserved may be limited.

In any case, the information about a late afternoon easy in and out for a 90 day report will be tried and I will cancel my reservation for the 90 day report. Will keep my December non-imm-o appointment.

Thanks.

T

Thanks.

And I agree that it would be courteous to leave the limited one hour time slots for people who need it rather than use them up for quick in/out business like 90 reporting.

T

I appreciate the information contained in these messages and particularly the information that seems to suggest that the Queue Card system is meant for visa extensions. My thoughts when making the reservation in October for my 90 day report was that the system is presently being used as an experiment with bugs to be worked out in the next few months. Once the time slots are all filled, there may be more provided and yes, perhaps the type of activity being reserved may be limited.

In any case, the information about a late afternoon easy in and out for a 90 day report will be tried and I will cancel my reservation for the 90 day report. Will keep my December non-imm-o appointment.

ProThaiExpat, no harm and no foul!

My post was not directed at anyone who has used the queue system for things other than visa extensions.

Frankly speaking, the nascent effort by CM Imm did not have a lot of explanation attached to the process.

It is perfectly understandable that people would misinterpret the queue requirements.

I only discovered what they (CM Imm) want to do with this when I read the reply to the question posted on their forum, that I posted above.

I myself have had my "issues", problems and red-faced moments on immigration matters.

This is an ongoing learning process for all of us.

I applaud CM Immigration department for taking these steps to streamline and improve the system.

:thumbsup:

As I mentioned previously, I didn't get a popup queue card. I used IE but didn't disable popups since I rarely used it and only saw the recommendation here to do it after the fact. I posted in the comments section on the Imm site to verify my appointment. I received an e-mail from them today with my queue card number, date and time.

He said to try the queue card print again. Went to the queue window, selected the date and clicked on the print button next to the time mine is scheduled. Got a box asking to enter my queue number, and voila, the popup print window for the queue information worked perfectly. Adobe writer wasn't happy about saving it but at the bottom of the page it indicates to save as a Microsoft XPS document writer file. I saved it in that format (for future) which opens with no problem but also printed straight to my printer from the form and worked fine.

Cudos to immigration for this addition and their prompt responses. :thumbsup:

Great.

With that info Tywais I will contact Imm via the comments function, and get the queue card numbers for the appointments I want to cancel (done while I was experimenting with the system in June).

They are all more than a month away, so no real harm done to someone looking for an appointment soon.... :)

Oops forgot to feedback regarding the other day.

Name called at 11am on the dot.... I've never seen an immigration officer write and staple so fast! I asked her if this has made any difference to her, to which she replied gruffly; "no, but it has to you!"........silence is golden.

In Major Cineplex watching movie at noon.

A BIG THANK YOU TO NANCYL FOR STARTING THIS THREAD! smile.gif

Edited by uptheos

I reserved a time for a day in November but I didn't manage to get a Queue Card. Now that I've booked a time how can I get a Queue Card?

Thanks

If you look back a bit at my post where I didn't get a queue card you will see I used the comment section of the immigration website and got an e-mail back with the info. Then just went to the date and time I requested and clicked on Print next to it and you will be asked for the queue number.

Be sure to supply name, date and time that you requested it under. Or perhaps an e-mail will be sufficient.

I have been first in line for the past two years. got there by 6:30 am. signed my name to the list and no hassles.

But the new internet thing looks promising. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just come back from Chiang Mai immigration, About a month ago I tried to make a booking for to day didn't get a ticket or a page to print, tried to go back and do it again but it would not let me but showed that the time slot for today was now booked. I gave up and went there at 07.20 this morning, signed in on the que paper at No 46, when the Que ticket giver outer arived i got no 16 for my one year non imig. visa renewal Que. The staff arrived and started processing applications by 10.00 they were up to No 8 ( 2 officers at 2 desks working on my Que). At a few minuits to ten (the time I had booked) my name was called out and I was fast forwarded .My interview took 40 min but the officer was interuped many times by staff and I can get it done for u bods, I felt quite sorry for her, then was told to sit and wait for my passport to be returned about another 30 min, got out at a few min after 11.00

It's an information exchange forum...I don't think there a place for personal atacks and racial taunts..Mike

Yes! Yes. And when did they start issuing tickets for the next day from their machines?

Perhaps I misspoke. Thinking more carefully, I have actually heard that they do it for the same day, if you can't be fit in in the morning. Maybe the pre-arranged appointment bit is their way now to provide some relief! I don't really know, but if you live in town, go ask.

I believe they try to accommodate crowds as best they can. Otherwise, you should understand that the real problem is the flood of farang who are spoiled children! Given the growing butt sizes of some Americans, it does sometimes get a little crowded?

Look at it this way. There is really no line except for NI-O and NI-OA visas, including renewals. Want a re-entry permit? Very simple, really, with little wait. Want to do a 90-day report? Very easy and quick to do.

So what's the problem considering the enormous influx of helpless often quite self-centered farang trying to find a cheap paradise?! You should be glad don't have to put up with working there!

Let's see what happens when the American government cuts off citizen services because of the stupid political debate in that country!

Get some sleep!

It would be most helpful, if moderators undertook the trouble to PIN this subject.

Give proper links to all forms

PLUS

bring the useful hints/solutions which are spread all over this thread in one comprehensive telegram style instruction guide.

THAIVISA should do this on the Chiang Mai sub forum because there will be always local peculiarities.

Just bookmark this page in your favorites, or whatever your web browser calls it:

http://chiangmaiimm.com/#

(Do not click on "English" at top of page, it will whisk you away to the main Imm site for Bangkok).

In the left margin, in English, see "Download Form" (self explanatory).

Towards the bottom, in the middle, see in English "Queue Online". Click on it to do a queue request.

At the almost very bottom of the page, in the middle, see a box with Thai heading, but English to left of forms to be filled out:

Name

Email

Description

Security Code

This is how you contact CM Imm with questions or requests for queue reservations for those who couldn't get the reservation system to work for them.

If you look at the box below at the very bottom of the page, find all the people who have emailed CM Imm with questions, and have been responded to. Probably every question and/or problem has been answered there. Page 1 is newest, go back for old replies.

I am not going back to read through all the posts. Sorry if it is repetitive. I will just add this from my experience;

Yesterday I had an appointment scheduled for 1:00PM (retirement extension). As everyone returned from lunch, my name was called at exactly 1:00PM. It took the lady Immigration Officer 8 minutes to check all my paperwork, and some brief questions.

After that, the paperwork is sent to be checked again to another officer (never ceases to amaze me how paperwork in most institutions here must be checked by 2-3 people). I was told to wait in the waiting area. After a 50 minute wait I was called into the back office. Asked almost the same questions; the always required multiple stamps were placed on the paperwork and my passport stamped. Finished. 1 hour total. Every one was cordial. All in all not bad.

Thanks for that silverhawk.

I got my bank letters today, going to US consulate Tues for income letter, then Thurs next week at Imm for retirement extension (with queue card reservation).

Glad it all worked out well for you with the queue online service....:thumbsup:

Well done, McG. I suggest two posts be pinned. Post140 and your Post 72 (edited appropriately) that appears on the 90-Day "fiasco" thread that includes the scan of 90-day report requirements. Jai yen yen, everyone!

Edited by Mapguy

Boy, you'd think all the BS going on this subject would end by now. As soon as your done with your next extension, just go to next years calendar and get your next queue number. No fuss, no mess, and security in knowing you won't have to wait in that awful Immigration office waiting to be served by the people that work very hard for YOU. The middle of next year is all set for me. We used the system recently and it worked like a charm at the Imm office.

Boy, you'd think all the BS going on this subject would end by now. As soon as your done with your next extension, just go to next years calendar and get your next queue number. No fuss, no mess, and security in knowing you won't have to wait in that awful Immigration office waiting to be served by the people that work very hard for YOU. The middle of next year is all set for me. We used the system recently and it worked like a charm at the Imm office.

Lifer,

Making an appointment a year in advance is selfish and hurts people who aren't smart enough to do the same. If everyone made appointments one year in advance, people who wait an appropriate amount of time would not be able to make appointments. Make your appointments only 2 to 3 months in advance maximum. We are trying to stop abuses of the online queue system.

Edited by mesquite

Lifer,

Making an appointment a year in advance is selfish and hurts people who aren't smart enough to do the same. If everyone made appointments one year in advance, people who wait an appropriate amount of time would not be able to make appointments. Make your appointments only 2 to 3 months in advance maximum. We are trying to stop abuses of the online queue system.

Who are you to tell me when to make an appointment! You are the last person that has the right to tell others when they make an appointment. It does not make a difference as long as it is a verified use of the appointment made. Using the appointment system for other than what it was set up for (long term extensions) is the abuse. Please give your holier than thou advice to someone else.