Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

NancyL

Boy, you'd think all the BS going on this subject would end by now. As soon as your done with your next extension, just go to next years calendar and get your next queue number. No fuss, no mess, and security in knowing you won't have to wait in that awful Immigration office waiting to be served by the people that work very hard for YOU. The middle of next year is all set for me. We used the system recently and it worked like a charm at the Imm office.

Lifer,

Making an appointment a year in advance is selfish and hurts people who aren't smart enough to do the same. If everyone made appointments one year in advance, people who wait an appropriate amount of time would not be able to make appointments. Make your appointments only 2 to 3 months in advance maximum. We are trying to stop abuses of the online queue system.

Who are you to tell me when to make an appointment! You are the last person that has the right to tell others when they make an appointment. It does not make a difference as long as it is a verified use of the appointment made. Using the appointment system for other than what it was set up for (long term extensions) is the abuse. Please give your holier than thou advice to someone else.

Try and find a single appointment slot in the next month !! There isnt one until Monday the 17th. Not one. In part thansk to people who are too selfish to stick to the rules and abuse it for everyone else.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing the matter with making an appointment a year in advance for a visa extension, provided you aren't a no-show when that time arrives. Maybe you should let someone close to you know in case you're hit by a tuk-tuk during the year and won't need the appointment.

It's really no different than making an appointment for a dental check-up and cleaning six months in the future once you complete an appointment. The office staff at the dental clinic encourages it.

I don't see anything wrong with making appointments in advance either. It still is basically the same amount of people who need the time slots whether they make the appointment now or later. It would be nice, as suggested elsewhere, that the appointments be used for extensions and visa matters, and not 90 day reports, or even residency certificates. These don't usually take much time if you follow some of the suggestions for going in at less than peak times. It is still an individual choice I guess.

That said; I really don't believe that the queue system will be the same one year from know. It will either be streamlined, or suffer overload and fail, before then. Nothing remains the same here for long. <_<

Boy, you'd think all the BS going on this subject would end by now. As soon as your done with your next extension, just go to next years calendar and get your next queue number. No fuss, no mess, and security in knowing you won't have to wait in that awful Immigration office waiting to be served by the people that work very hard for YOU. The middle of next year is all set for me. We used the system recently and it worked like a charm at the Imm office.

Lifer,

Making an appointment a year in advance is selfish and hurts people who aren't smart enough to do the same. If everyone made appointments one year in advance, people who wait an appropriate amount of time would not be able to make appointments. Make your appointments only 2 to 3 months in advance maximum. We are trying to stop abuses of the online queue system.

Who are you to tell me when to make an appointment! You are the last person that has the right to tell others when they make an appointment. It does not make a difference as long as it is a verified use of the appointment made. Using the appointment system for other than what it was set up for (long term extensions) is the abuse. Please give your holier than thou advice to someone else.

Try and find a single appointment slot in the next month !! There isnt one until Monday the 17th. Not one. In part thansk to people who are too selfish to stick to the rules and abuse it for everyone else.

We are not breaking any rules, except yours! I have been here 14 years and gone through this 14 times within the same few days each year. We never break any of the immigration rules, and do not make visa runs or lie about our means of income. Why should I wait until I need the appointment and find we can't book one to take care of our yearly business. That's not selfish or unkind, it's taking care of our yearly business. If you want to get upset, do it with those who mis-use the appointment system for other reasons.

And by the way, I happen to be responsible enough to cancel months ahead if I see I have to change my date so that people who wait until the last minute to take care of their immigration business can use the slot! Calling someone rude because they don't agree with how you would do it is being rude. Good luck with your future immigration business.

If immigration doesn't want people making appointments like that, they can remove the future calendars. Until they change the rules, nobody is breaking them. It's their program, not yours.

I don't see anything wrong with making appointments in advance either. It still is basically the same amount of people who need the time slots whether they make the appointment now or later. It would be nice, as suggested elsewhere, that the appointments be used for extensions and visa matters, and not 90 day reports, or even residency certificates. These don't usually take much time if you follow some of the suggestions for going in at less than peak times. It is still an individual choice I guess.

That said; I really don't believe that the queue system will be the same one year from know. It will either be streamlined, or suffer overload and fail, before then. Nothing remains the same here for long. <_<

Your right. Who know if the system will be the same next year. It would be nice if they would streamline some of the procedures the long term extension applicants have to go through; although, the ladies there do a pretty good job, I think. Maybe if they made the process easier, they could add a couple more time slots to the daily schedule.

Nancy is right. It's no different than rescheduling your next dental appointment of Dr. appointment for the next visit. Those of us that live here long term are probably the most stable, meaning not much changes from year to year especially when we own our houses. Maybe the retirement extension applicants are different with their needs. I have the biggest problem with the 90 day check in for long term extensions. It could be done at the same time you get your next extension stamp or change locations, but not every 90 days.

Actually this time I had an 90 day due just prior to our approval coming back from Bangkok. The immigration official suggest I come in earlier that the 90 day to see if the approval was back and do both the same day. It worked out great.

Wow, this is one emotional topic!

At first I thought the two posters at war were relative newbies. But not, they've been members of the forum for years and didn't start many new posts, but this topic brought out strong ideas and they started posting.

In the immortal words of Rodney King -- "why can't we all just get along?"

Mesquite, OK so you don't want people making an appointment a year in advance. So what's the problem? They're still going to need an appointment. If your quibble is that people can't plan that far in advance, then surely 90 notice on your calendar/diary would work. Frankly, we have our retirement visa extension dates on our calendar and we plan other activity around those "anchor" events.

Lifer, sometime you just need to let an issue go. You don't need to keep stirring the pot. Sometimes the most graceful thing you can do is walk away. (I should probably follow my own advice!)

Just got my online visa bookings through until 2025, hope I make it that long. ;)

This is an abuse of the system. I've got an appointment for my 90 day report on Monday. I'll be sure to mention this abuse then.

I have been fishing for many years and have often found that throwing out the right bait attracts the odd fish. :jap:

I'll be sure to inform them of some abusing the visa extension on-line queuing system for 90 day reports. Pinned topic

Just a matter of interest. I have been in immigration from 3pm to beyond 4pm in the last 2 days and was surprised to see how many people turned up for the 90 day report and reentry stamp after 4pm- no ticket required- straight up to the counters and very quick turnaround..

Just got my online visa bookings through until 2025, hope I make it that long. ;)

This is an abuse of the system. I've got an appointment for my 90 day report on Monday. I'll be sure to mention this abuse then.

I have been fishing for many years and have often found that throwing out the right bait attracts the odd fish. :jap:

me too.

me too.

:)

The logical solution for Imm is to have the window open at 90 days in advance and ONLY for visa extensions. The other logical thing to do is to have the 90-day reporting online (one doesn't need to show up as postage is already on the table), or, better still, abandon it entirely. ;)

The logical solution for Imm is to have the window open at 90 days in advance and ONLY for visa extensions. The other logical thing to do is to have the 90-day reporting online (one doesn't need to show up as postage is already on the table), or, better still, abandon it entirely. ;)

Or charge 2,000 baht for a 90 day renewal and hire two more staff to take care of the 90 day reporting and visa renewal's for the retiree's who have no time to do these things.:whistling:

Abandon it entirely - it's stupid and smacks of paranoia.

If someone has obtained an extension from immigration, produced all the necessary paperwork, showed proof of income etc etc,......why the heck do they need to know where you are every 90 days?

If someone has obtained an extension from immigration, produced all the necessary paperwork, showed proof of income etc etc,......why the heck do they need to know where you are every 90 days?

Just to remind you of where you stand.

Unfortunately, logic is rarely found in this country. :)

Edited by Semper

Just to remind you of where you stand.

That's about it.

My experience of the online queue as of today. I submitted my queue request about 6 weeks ago, shortly after this topic was started. Scheduled for 9:00 AM and had the secretary take me as I figured parking would be iffy at that time. She dropped me off about 8:45 and then to park the car. For some reason the gate to the building next door was closed but directly across the street was plenty of space.

Presented my queue card to the desk. He looked at it like it was an alien artifact (perhaps partially accurate) ;) He showed it to one lady officer who pointed to the one on the far right desk and she nodded. So, step one, recognition completed. The place was packed with the queue running from the machine along one wall and than completely across the room.

To my surprise at exactly 9:00 AM my name was called. Set down at the desk and handed all my documents for my work extension to her. She whipped through each page, circling a lot of items than a lot of stamping and in 10 minutes flat she was done. Was asked to wait in the main room again, did not need to go in the back anymore, and wait for the pooyai to sign off on it. 30 minutes later my name was called, they pointed out my new 1 year date and also reminded me of the date of my 90 day report.

So, 40 minutes from start to finish with the officer. Seems they could change to 30 minute time slices as it only took 10 minutes for my business with her to be completed after which seems she just disappeared for a while perhaps waiting for the next online queue slot to come up.

As mentioned before, if your paperwork is in order, no extra copies needed of anything which I noticed happening regularly with others, it is a quick and painless experience. I know my stress level was greatly reduced with this system.

//edit - I saw some getting re-entry permits and nearly as soon as the queue machine ticket came out they were called up to the desk.

I'm going to add this as an addendum to above and it is regarding my work permit. There have been recent reports that the medical certificate needs to be more complete, that is blood test for syphilis must be done. Went to labor with my normal basic medical certificate and it was refused. She pulled out the form that shows the list of diseases that must be declared as negative on the report. I half expected it though based on reports of other members in different areas of Thailand.

Went to Chiang Mai Ram, 4th floor Check Up desk and informed them what I needed. Promptly off to get blood drawn then just a few minutes in the doctor's office. He was aware of the work permit requirements and asked about any medications I was taking and a few other fundamental questions. Spent more time then I get with the basic 80 baht certificate using the stethoscope and poking my gut, but still that was all.

Expected it to be expensive but was surprised with a bill of 200 Baht which included the blood work.

So, those of you who will be renewing or obtaining new work permits you will need to be sure to get a medical certificate that fulfills the new or perhaps newly enforced rules.

So, 40 minutes from start to finish with the officer. Seems they could change to 30 minute time slices as it only took 10 minutes for my business with her to be completed after which seems she just disappeared for a while perhaps waiting for the next online queue slot to come up.

As mentioned before, if your paperwork is in order, no extra copies needed of anything which I noticed happening regularly with others, it is a quick and painless experience. I know my stress level was greatly reduced with this system.

Yep, that was my experience exactly. She seemed to go extra fast for some reason........so, I guess both sides benefit. smile.gif

They won't change the time slices, not now they've seen the opportunity to vanish for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

My reservation at Immigration worked out perfectly although they did mention that one needs to say exactly what kind of visa one is extending (retirement, business, marriage)and that if one books a spot online they should have someone at Immigration check their documents before the official appointment to save time.

How to make that happen remains unclear, but hopefully it will be more apparent by next year.