¸need A New Crown On My Implant

radiola

There's often not that much difference in price among clinics for crowns and such, the major difference is the quality of material used to make the crown: how much precious metal and which precious metal.

There are a lot places in Bangkok which can do this; Dental Design has the advantage of a lab onsite, and they seem to specialize in crowns, bridges and such.

Remember that anything to do with implants always seems to cost more, and you may need to find a dentist familiar with your particular brand of implant.

In any event, I can't imagine that 8000 baht will come close to the cost of a new crown on your implant.

wow, they say 30000 bht only for the crown

I think the bangkok dentist target only rich falang, and not care for their own people.

in my country in europe crown costs like 10000 bht on implant or less

If you can get a crown for 10,000 baht in your own country I'd suggest you do so.

Your looking to save 2,000 baht by having it in Thailand......

whats the point?

No way you are going to get it for anything like 8000 baht.

the least expensive place that still gives good quality would be the Mahidol University dental hospital, a government facility linked to a major teaching hospital. On Ratchawithi near Victory monument. Whatever it costs there, you will not find it for less. In exchange for the lowest cost though comes all the red tape and long waits that go with care in a government facility, and if you don't speak much Thai you will do well to bring a Thai speaker along at kleast initially -- and a good Thai-English translator along for the point at which you decide on type of crown (see below0

As others have noted, the type of crown material affects cost so do your homework on that. Issues are durability (unless you are temporarily low on funds, it doesn't make sense to go with a less durable material as you'll just end up having to replace the crown again within a comparatively short time) and appearance. Since you mentioned "look beautiful" I assume this is a front tooth, so rules out saving by accpeting a durable but unsightly material.

the docs at Mahidol can explain the different options and the pros, cons and costs, and they do not make a profit from what you decide so it will be unbiased advice, but it will likely be in Thai so have that translator (a good one) with you for that discussion.

Chulalongkorn Dental Hospital at Siam square can offer you great quality of crown in that kind of price(maybe even cheaper) but you may get to see a post grad students and need to be on a long waiting list. But don't worry those post grad students work under professors's supervision. The other place i go to is Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic on Asoke Road. The doctors there do great job with international standards, but don't expect their prices to be the same as those of Chulalongkorn Dental Hospital .

Yes, Chula and Mahidol dental hospitals are comparable. Both are university affiliated government hospitals. Best prices and good quality care but many inconveniences (in terms of wait time, language, initial red tape etc).

They are a good choice for those with more time than money to spend. If you don't mind the inconvenience then the only real drawback is that you usually will not be able to have much in the way of in-depth communication with the doctors both because of language limitations and their limited time. That matters more in certain situations than others. For a simple filling, or cleaning, not very important. But for making decisions about, for example, an implant, orthodontic work, or a type of crown, it's an issue.

One option is to have some consultations first at a private facility where the doctors speak good English and, once you are clear on what you want, go to a government hospital to have it done. That is exactly what I would do if I needed a crown or any other costly dental work.

Go up to chiang mai a bit cheaper. My friend broke a crown and part of the tooth. Hr had a post, and crown installed in 2 days for 15,000baht 1,000baht for express service on crown. He is very happy with the out come. I know you would have to pay for accomadation and transport to Chiang mai. Pm me if you want location of clinic