Cmu Girl Can Speak English?

wahaha

It's kinda hard to talk to some lovely girl around CMU simply and most of them cannot understand english, am i having a wrong perception?

I have a friend who is a third year student at CMU. She is without a doubt the most beautiful woman I have ever met. I have spoken to her about three or four times a week for a month. She had never spoken a word of English to me. I speak very little Thai (in school now). One day she knocked on my apartment door and asked in perfect English “may I borrow 4000 Bht until tomorrow?”.

Had it been anyone else I would have said “Do I look like a bank?”

Since I was not expecting guests I was wearing boxer shorts when she visited.

There I was staring at the most beautiful woman in the world in my boxer shorts and she had just spoken to me in perfect English.

So I gave her 4000 Bht and she thanked me and left.

My conclusions. Most Thai college women can speak a little English but are afraid of speaking incorrectly so they don’t.

Then there is the reason I am afraid to speak Thai. When I start speaking Thai the Thais speak back to me in Thai and they speak so fast that I don’t understand them and I feel like an idiot.

At the bus station I just know I asked to buy the ticket attendants body instead of a ticket you know do oh and do oh or something like that and I felt really silly.

My advice is learn to speak a little Thai and they will try and speak a little English when they realize how funny you sound speaking Thai. Oh, by the way she was a couple of days late but she paid me back. I just love Thailand. Although my GF was not real pleased with the transaction.

Edited by kerryk

It's kinda hard to talk to some lovely girl around CMU simply and most of them cannot understand english, am i having a wrong perception?

I have a friend who is a third year student at CMU. She is without a doubt the most beautiful woman I have ever met. I have spoken to her about three or four times a week for a month. She had never spoken a word of English to me. I speak very little Thai (in school now). One day she knocked on my apartment door and asked in perfect English “may I borrow 4000 Bht until tomorrow?”.

There I was staring at the most beautiful woman in the world in my boxer shorts and she had just spoken to me in perfect English.

My conclusions. Most Thai college women can speak a little English but are afraid of speaking incorrectly so they don’t.

Then there is the reason I am afraid to speak Thai. When I start speaking Thai the Thais speak back to me in Thai and they speak so fast that I don’t understand them and I feel like an idiot.

At the bus station I just know I asked to buy the ticket attendants body instead of a ticket you know do oh and do oh or something like that and I felt really silly.

My advice is learn to speak a little Thai and they will try and speak a little English when they realize how funny you sound speaking Thai. Oh, by the way she was a couple of days late but she paid me back. I just love Thailand. Although my GF was not real pleased with the transaction.

Hmm... okie.. maybe as you suggested, it works. Maybe i should try to find a place with many CMU student that can speak English. Am i right?

Strewth, lucky you didn't poke here eye out. :o

I bet things like this would never happen if you were single. :D

You have just set yourself up for a Tyree D. attack and ego-trip :o

I was a student there 6 years ago. Never had trouble getting into...their apartments on Huay Kaew. Ahh, there should be a sign on room 608 at Rinam Mansion saying, "Tyree D. popped a borisut here!".

Learn how to speak Thai, and it might help if you were younger and Blacker. The younger generation is into hip-hop. I suggest you stick with the bargirls. They speak English.

p.s. did you make a thread similar to this two months ago on barladies? and please, stop making your first question be, "Do you speak English?"