Admins Closing Threads

SoCal

George, no offense, but thankful that you finally show some wisdom. Frankly, it has been a long time comming.

I, and I think the vast majority of us came to this web site because of our love for Thailand. Expanding our knowledge of the country, sharring a laugh on the excentricities, trying to figure out the great dream of comming to Thailand, etc.

More than once I have left this site in disgust over the irrational (conceide debatable) hate to America. Only thing that brings me back is returning from my semiannual trips to Thailand, and trying to hold on as long as possible to these warm and welcome memories.

I thank you and the other admins for your discretion, and putting focus where it should actually be.

Now, off to some interesting reading. :o

SoCal

I totally agree with SoCal. In fact, I was going to post a similar message when I saw he had beaten me to it.

When I think of Thailand, I think of fantastic, first class vacations, graceful, kind and gentle people, delicious food, (my Thai girlfriend who I care for immensely), and generally--just good times and good thoughts.

Too often though, when coming to these forums, I would read mean-spirited messages posted by hate-mongering, foul-mouthed, argumentative, rude people who seemed to only be here to bash my country and the present administration. Now, how does all this connect with Thailand? Answer: it doesn't.

So, to echo SoCals' thanks, let me express my thanks to the Admins--not for imposing censorship--but for just keeping the topics on track and relevent to what this whole website is about, i.e., THAILAND.

So again: THANK YOU.

(Now, I'll switch my avatar back to something a little more visually appealing.)

Peace,

Membrane

Agreed with both above and feel very strongly that Internet Admins who close threads to get the last word, AKA imposing their opinion on the masses are totally out of line! Gents, please read my post on Pvt Playground. I feel the leadership people have responded is a very positive way. I believe they support, as I do, you position.

I am a very frequent visitor to Thailand and find too many boards do Thailand tourism a very wrong turn. A few years ago I had the please of have one board shut down via TAT to a government. I understand there were no criminal charges but the offenders are out of business!

Guest IT Manager

I agree with the Doc. I know the teacher forum does it a bit, but I don't close so I can be last speaker. I do add a comment occasionally to explain why but sometimes I do it just because the person who starts it asks me too.

Hope it helps

IT

Guest Look before I Leap

Having looked before I leaped in I must say that with some exception the Admin's opinion is correct. However, a few moments of personal pleasure can overshowdow a perponderance of good work. Just a view from somebody that has been down the road, more that once!

I hope that the administrators can come to some sort of a conclusion about how to handle the Bush/American bashing posts. It is not that I am not willing to argue with these guys; I can enjoyably argue with them for days, as long as the forum users are intelligent people using common sence and logic, but unfortunately, half-wits have opinions too!

Every one of these threads turns into a children's sandbox; almost everyone just ends up flinging insults at each other, with no way to stop it, until the post finally gets locked.

The truth is that I have very little interest in politics, and am not a great fan of George Bush, however I can't sit back and see such stupidity as the claims made on this board, allowed to pass as any kind of truth.

What can be done to stop these wastes of everyones time?

Well guys, GWB is very much influencing my life. From early morning, reading the newspapers in Thailand til late night watching CNN I have to bear this guy and his glorious deeds.

No wonder my usually peaceful sleep in Thailand is interupted by night mares. :o

For me to participate (never started one) in a post on this subject is a relieve from the daily pain I have to suffer.

If it or he is stupid, I don't know, perhaps we should ban him from the news in Thailand, not only on this board, and peace is here.

Sir,  based on your post is it not time to close this thread or will you continue to proport to incite Bush Bashing?

Now, I think your comment is very unsociable. I live here in Thailand and have to go day in and out through the pain. At least you could express your sympathy for my headaches. Yes, I am here to escape from the madness of this world and even in Thailand cannot escape it. Give the fellow all the coverage you think he deserves back home, where he belongs, but PLEASE keep him out of LoS.

Can somebody give me peace?