Flood Warnings 2011

iainiain101

Been watching and is planning to go out for a morning view , i wonder where is a good place for breakfast :P

to compare , while the water level from the figure it seem to be worst then the 2005 flood , but since 2005 flood i had seen them dig in on the river bank . in 2006 and also more work done just to control the flood .

which is maybe why the reason most people like me in zone 7 when the water cross the 4.7 meter mark had less worry .

during the 2005 the water was 1 inches before it enter my house .

hope thing get better .

Edited by Ta22

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a Update . Since 5 Am and 6 AM

bcowkp5oqwvmoije3k34.jpg

direct link

http://www.uppic.siam1.com/images/bcowkp5oqwvmoije3k34.jpg

c9n4spztyhg7qv6mxtok.jpg

direct link

http://www.uppic.siam1.com/images/c9n4spztyhg7qv6mxtok.jpg

3d5wash5nj30ems8o2f.jpg

direct link @ 6:01 am

http://www.uppic.siam1.com/images/3d5wash5nj30ems8o2f.jpg

the 6 am mark seem lower

there is a Time stamp on the Photo top .which show the time .

Seem like it had slow down but is still heading to ward the 5 meter mark .

Edited by Ta22

Glub ... Glub ... Glub

Well the best that can be said from The Pun Pun is that we made it Things a little wet. Water in some of the lower rooms, but everything was put high and away. While the water level gauge said that it surpassed the 2005 level, it did not reach my office, which in 200a5 had about 14 inches of water inside.. This time it came close and another cm or two would have put it in the office.

The flood chart says it has held for the past 3 hours at 4.94. but I have been reading the river gauge at that level for about 5 hours. It has been going down noticeable in the past 45 mins or so. Hope and pray for a speedy drop in the river level before we get any more rainfall. Our kitchen has a few inches of water , but is being tended to as we write. Even though there is some water damage, we made it through basically pretty good. Do hope that all others feel as fortunate and continue to have good luck in the time of receding water.

Good Morning all

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Look like a @4.94m

e9bcvvf1chpkcl37gj.jpg

Direct link

http://www.uppic.siam1.com/images/e9bcvvf1chpkcl37gj.jpg

@6:26 am

seen like is going up slightly but the few CM might not be a big problem if the flow is rapid enough to carry away the water or no basin area is fill

as long as the water keep flowing is a good sign .

Good luck to all .

And all the best to Pun Pun

Edited by Ta22

^ The good news is that Baan Mae Tae has been going down since midnight - from 4.89 @ 23:00 last night to 4.53 @ 6:00 am this morning.

Nawarat bridge was going up until 4:00 am and stable at 4.94 since then.

I dare say the worst is over. For now. I hope that's not famous last words... edit

4.93 @ 7:00 am - first drop!!!

Edited by nikster

Updated my graph with current data for the curious. :)

post-566-0-76174000-1317257127_thumb.jpg

Good graph Tywais.

Also for the curious, here are what the times for the Ping River flood crest looked like yesterday:

Ban Pao to Chiang Mai: 24 hours

Highway 1323 to Chiang Mai: 18 hours

Note that this excludes any consideration of the inflow of the Mae Taeng River which is downstream from the points above.

Updated my graph with current data for the curious. :)

post-566-0-76174000-1317257127_thumb.jpg

Good graph Tywais.

+1

Levels are starting to drop.

6:00am - 4.94m

7:00am - 4.93m

8:00am - 4.92m

9:00am - 4.91m

They are dropping faster in San Sai which is very good news as this trend should be reflected at Nawarat bridge soon.

Edited by Loaded

A friend has a shop on Chan Klan, one block from the Empress Hotel, about eight blocks from the ShangriLa (heading out of town), she reports this morning that water is three feet deep and fast moving - she and other business owners have been told to expect more water at 1pm today when the gates are opened at Cheng Dow.

For comparison here is the 2005 flood graph.

level-rate.jpeg

Hydro-1 archive 2005

Did a rough comparison between the two and the trends are very similar over a 40 hour time span with the 2005 seeming to flatten for a longer period of time (longer drainage) and a slightly slower level increase (rate of increase) at the beginning.

post-566-0-03994000-1317264754_thumb.jpg

New graph for 2005 with trend line.

Edited by Tywais
Added trend

Levels may be falling at the bridge, maybe because the water is spreading out? But the water has just spread to the west side of route 106 south of the inner ring road (Nong Pheung) - neighbours hurriedly evacuating furniture. South of Mahidol now flooded, Varee school closed (didn't in 2005!).