BANGKOK 19 March 2019 13:12
Sign in to follow this  
iainiain101

Flood Warnings 2011

Also the Mae Kuang res. if far from full, so no reason at all to release water.

Besides, if they do it will join the Ping well south of the city, they might not like it in Lamphun but it is not relevant for the water level in CM

Like I said in a previous post about Dams being released it is all hearsay. I haven't been up to the dams in a while so if they are only half full that is good news.

Also the Mae Kuang res. if far from full, so no reason at all to release water.

Besides, if they do it will join the Ping well south of the city, they might not like it in Lamphun but it is not relevant for the water level in CM

Like I said in a previous post about Dams being released it is all hearsay. I haven't been up to the dams in a while so if they are only half full that is good news.

The guy didn't say which dam it was so who knows? The river is up more than 20cm (to 3.34m) since this thread started this afternoon and continues to rise in Sansai. It's just started to rain again so it's looking a bit like the crunch will come about breakfast time.

Flooding in Pai according to the television news. Gonzo... Do you have an evacuation plan there?

Opening the dam at Doi Saket should not effect Chiang Mai City, thats a different flood plain through San Kampang and onto Lamphun.

I have heard that at least one of the Moo Bans, Swirilai 3 has water up to the doors on the San Kampang road, so that cannot be good news.

San Kampang is lower than Chiang Mai.

The criteria to release water from the reservoirs is not how full they are. It's how strong the responsible officer estimates his dam. And that may lay far under 50 % of the capacity of the resorvoir...

Opening the dam at Doi Saket should not effect Chiang Mai City, thats a different flood plain through San Kampang and onto Lamphun.

I have heard that at least one of the Moo Bans, Swirilai 3 has water up to the doors on the San Kampang road, so that cannot be good news.

San Kampang is lower than Chiang Mai.

Im in Karnkannok 1 in San Khampaeng, many sois flooding, Now going down my soi , gonna be a long night.

Why are the latest river levels on the site below forbidden for me too see. Is this a worrying sign.:o

http://www.hydro-1.net/

The info is still there, and updated but you have to tab through different screens.

As there is now a widespread problem (or anticipated problem) they have put several marker stations on one web page (Ping, Wang, Kuang, Pasang etc). They have made an hurly table for today and the next two days

I cannot paste a link as it just has the main web address.

At 11.00pm it was showing Nawarat as being 3.45metres.

They did have this graphic.

cross-ping.gif

It seems that we are only 25cm from the critical, thankfully the rain seems to have held back a bit now....but the stuff from San Sai still has to come down so I am more concerned about how quickly the Ping discharges (and where).....

Edited by mamborobert

certainly is...

ping.jpg

Just a short while ago the river did crest the riverbank here in front of The Pun Pun

At the rate of river rising it should be in the lower back yard in an hour or two......

Now where did I park the ark....

\G

NOAH>>>>>

How many cubits? and btw.... what ever is a cubit ?

A cubit is a itsy bitsy teeny weenie ice cube that comes from Cuba......

I thought everyone knew that.... :)

It is an Egyptian to the third power.

Looks (thankfully) like my 60cm estimate was wrong yesterday - it's risen a lot in Nong Hoi south of the bridge but still has about 30 cm to go. These pictures are of the area adjacent to the bridge looking east and show that there isn't much leeway there either.

i-dhr4xL7-XL.jpg

i-n3cnCVB-XL.jpg

i-5QJ8Fvd-XL.jpg

i-qRs9xQV-XL.jpg