Flood Warnings 2011

iainiain101

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Situation in Chang Klan Ok now. Access from night market all the way I suspect. Certainly Chiang Mai Land is now clear. Only flooding still there that I saw was at Lanna Palace intersection, although passable. That area must have been deep yesterday.

1 October 2011 IT'S RAININING REALLY HARD NOW AGAIN !

Where in Chiang Mai are you located? Is this the tropical storm you think, or something local?

hammering down in nimmanheminda area. doesn't feel big storm like though in fairness.

Where in Chiang Mai are you located? Is this the tropical storm you think, or something local?

hammering down in nimmanheminda area. doesn't feel big storm like though in fairness.

The worst thing that could happen now must be heavy rain upstreams north of the city. Anyone?

The worst thing that could happen now must be heavy rain upstreams north of the city. Anyone?

The radar map is showing a big storm in the hills north of CM

Edited by MESmith

That was just the usual rainy season downpour - 20 minutes max, I think.

Ping river is below critical, water is gone from the local moo baan south of mahidol that I was keeping an eye on. It reached 50 - 60 cm at its highest, measuring from the wet line on the walls. Pretty high considering that this is pretty far away from the river.. the best part is that people in the moo baan are smiling again.

From Nimmanhaemin. More to come as I saw from the news :(

Don't know if it's headed towards CM, but rain in Ban Hong, Lamphun (past lamphun city towards pa sang/lee) is slamming down hard right now.

These forecasts are unreliable vis a vis precise timings, but the gist is usually fairly accurate - check Sunday night

Saturdaychancetstorms.gifMostly cloudy. Areas of fog early. High of 31°C and humid. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 1 mm.

Saturday Nightnt_tstorms.gifMostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm in the evening and thunderstorms in the morning. Low of 23°C and humid. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 6 mm.

Sundaychancetstorms.gifMostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. High of 30°C and humid. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 6 mm.

Sunday Nightnt_tstorms.gifMostly cloudy with thunderstorms in the evening and a chance of rain in the morning. Low of 22°C and humid. Winds from the NW at 10 km/h. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 37 mm.

http://www.wundergro...ions/48327.html

Edited by guyofthetower

These forecasts are unreliable vis a vis precise timings, but the gist is usually fairly accurate - check Sunday night

Saturdaychancetstorms.gifMostly cloudy. Areas of fog early. High of 31°C and humid. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 1 mm.

Saturday Nightnt_tstorms.gifMostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm in the evening and thunderstorms in the morning. Low of 23°C and humid. Winds less than 5 km/h. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 6 mm.

Well they got that sort of right

Edited by Maejo Man

Does anyone know if the Airport Plaza got heavy rain tonight? I hope not...pls let me know if you have any info.

Not much. Starting around 9PM the airport area received nearly 1/4" (6mm). That was all for the rest of the night.

Edited by ThaiWx

Glad to hear you're all drying out some up there! I was supposed to fly in last week, but thought better of it. Now I'm debating going Wednesday, and probably just staying in the old town. Sounds like that will be right in the aftermath of whatever Nesat leaves . . . any thoughts on whether that's likely to affect airport to inner moat area (specifically getting from one to the other)?

Glad to hear you're all drying out some up there! I was supposed to fly in last week, but thought better of it. Now I'm debating going Wednesday, and probably just staying in the old town. Sounds like that will be right in the aftermath of whatever Nesat leaves . . . any thoughts on whether that's likely to affect airport to inner moat area (specifically getting from one to the other)?

That section of town seems to hold up well during the floods (airport to inner moat) and you should be o.k. edit: as long as you stay up on Mahidol. Thipanet does flood and get difficult.

post-114070-0-17195000-1317516849_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx

How about walking street tonight, have guests who would like to see it? Where best to park?

The area does not seem to be flooded from what I read but no chance to check it out having just arrived back from Chiang Saen last night.

Anybody going up that way it seems to be very clear and we had great sunny weather for 3 days!

On a previous post somebody mentioned the Chiang Saen to Mae Sai road was a mess-still is!

That section of town seems to hold up well during the floods (airport to inner moat) and you should be o.k. edit: as long as you stay up on Mahidol. Thipanet does flood and get difficult.

Thipanet floods? That's pretty far from the river . . . the flooding doesn't cover all the way over to the river, does it?

How about walking street tonight, have guests who would like to see it? Where best to park?

The area does not seem to be flooded from what I read but no chance to check it out having just arrived back from Chiang Saen last night.

Anybody going up that way it seems to be very clear and we had great sunny weather for 3 days!

On a previous post somebody mentioned the Chiang Saen to Mae Sai road was a mess-still is!

Chedi Luang! need to approach from the parallel one way st though.

Nobody has mentioned it, but I would like to say that the river is on the rise and has been midnight.... I would like to mention it , but I won't....... Nobody has mentioned it, but its beginning to look like another "here we go again" situations...... but I won't mention it.

Thr river reading at midnight 3.24m .... the river reading at 9AM ..... I don't know either ,,,,,,, somebody asleep at the wheel...but its 4.38 +

G

.....WHAT .....nobody want to correct me.....not 4.38 but 3.38 ?????

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Nobody has mentioned it, but I would like to say that the river is on the rise and has been midnight.... I would like to mention it , but I won't....... Nobody has mentioned it, but its beginning to look like another "here we go again" situations...... but I won't mention it.

Thr river reading at midnight 3.24m .... the river reading at 9AM ..... I don't know either ,,,,,,, somebody asleep at the wheel...but its 4.38 +

G

It should be 3.38 ;-) and it is 3.41 now. I am waiting for a +15 cm / h to worry. This looks "normal" to me;-) .. hope I am not wrong.

Philippe

G

It should be 3.38 ;-) and it is 3.41 now. I am waiting for a +15 cm / h to worry. This looks "normal" to me;-) .. hope I am not wrong.

Philippe

I wish I could read Thai properly..... which river is this? It is not the Ping, but could run into the Ping and cause trouble. http://www.hydro-1.c...&rivercode=0607

It is critical!