Korat Immigation

sinbin

The last time I did my 90 day report I asked if ' I could do my 90 day report by post next time ?'. The reply was 'yes, just photocopy every passport page and send us along with the form TM47. I carried this out about a month ago using EMS as told. I never got a reply. So I phoned the offices, only to be told that they don't accept reporting by post. <deleted> is going on ?

Edited by sinbin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have done it twice. Both times it took more than two weeks to get the receipt back and I had to call and ask for it. otherwise it worked fine.

Actually, I have seen that they have a flyer with what they want you to send them....

//t

Korat Immigration are usually very helpful... but they've never (at least in the past two years) accepted 90-days reports by post. Must have been a misunderstanding somewhere.

Yes, they've [Korat office] usually had a decent service history - all around.

Still, like all immigration offices, they're prone to have taken on the illogical contradictories as any of them.

Depending on who you are dealing with at that time and what rule is being interpretated.

Yesterday and tomorrow have no bearing on the rhetorical bureaucracy that accompanies the whimsical changes that are associated with Thailand immigration.

I have done it twice. Both times it took more than two weeks to get the receipt back and I had to call and ask for it. otherwise it worked fine.

Actually, I have seen that they have a flyer with what they want you to send them....

//t

'Touch' it's been 2 weeks since I posted my TM47 off, and that's why I phoned. But the lady on the end of the line insisted that they do NOT do 'report by post' and I was to go in person. A round trip of 220km. It's not the fact I have to undertake the journey but the constant messing about by this office. They've moved office 3-4 times in the last 4 years and it's rumoured they will be moving again, to Buriram, within the next 12 months.:realangry:

my wife asked the same question can i do it by post yes,or she can sign for me,next 90day report wife went to sign,sorry dont do it anymore,the wife remembered the officer who did except it this time,last time we asked about the rumour that they were moving officer knew nothing

Mail, yes and no for Kotat. Some expats with a MEDICAL EXCUSE can do the 90 day TM47 by mail, but that is not my case and I did not find out the specific particulars on the medical proof necessary to accomplish a TM47 by mail. I asked the desk officer July 28th in the Korat Pottery Village Thai Immigration office and she said they no longer allow "by mail" of the TM47. However some times the Immigration staff go to Surin and other times to Buriram to conduct reporting acceptance duties. I do not know that schedule, but it could be worth a phone call by your Thai wife to get a correctly translated answer since that darn gasoline is not free for the ride to turn in a TM47.

Mail, yes and no for Kotat. Some expats with a MEDICAL EXCUSE can do the 90 day TM47 by mail, but that is not my case and I did not find out the specific particulars on the medical proof necessary to accomplish a TM47 by mail. I asked the desk officer July 28th in the Korat Pottery Village Thai Immigration office and she said they no longer allow "by mail" of the TM47. However some times the Immigration staff go to Surin and other times to Buriram to conduct reporting acceptance duties. I do not know that schedule, but it could be worth a phone call by your Thai wife to get a correctly translated answer since that darn gasoline is not free for the ride to turn in a TM47.

The Royal Thai Police Immigration from Korat does a mobile service to both Buriram and Surin every month. Call to verify that these dates remain correct but the schedule for the remainder of the year is:

August 9, 2011 Buriram at the conference room of District Office of Buriram City

September 13, 2011 SURIN at Sri Narong Conference Room Surin City Hall

October 11, 2011 BURIRAM SAME LOCATION AS BEFORE

November 8, 2011 SURIN SAME AS BEFORE

December 13, 2011 BURIRAM SAME AS BEFORE

Hope this helps :jap:

The Royal Thai Police Immigration from Korat does a mobile service to both Buriram and Surin every month. Call to verify that these dates remain correct but the schedule for the remainder of the year is:

August 9, 2011 Buriram at the conference room of District Office of Buriram City

Just to fill you in a bit more Mario,

when i asked for the surgery dates in Surin, for my switch from that tourist visa to a non "O", i/we were told that they have stopped the Surin dates and are only going to buriram,,,(from the boss mans mouth at korat on thursday)......SO now i think you and others might be starting to get the picture at KORAT immigration, yes the info helps BUT for others don`t `expect it to be true....from KORAT..

when i asked for the surgery dates in Surin, for my switch from that tourist visa to a non "O", i/we were told that they have stopped the Surin dates and are only going to buriram,,,(from the boss mans mouth at korat on thursday)......SO now i think you and others might be starting to get the picture at KORAT immigration, yes the info helps BUT for others don`t `expect it to be true....from KORAT..

One should never expect to get their hopes up when it applies to business level consistency.

Do as I say, not as I do - Thai Immigration

this clears up any confusion on my part the wife told the imm.officer i had heart surgery previous and was on medication,in my case just show the med.i am on,or my 18inch scar x 2

Mail, yes and no for Kotat. Some expats with a MEDICAL EXCUSE can do the 90 day TM47 by mail,

'Kamalabob2' is correct. It's "yes and no" at Korat immigration for the 90 day report by post. I went and saw the woman officer that said I could report by post. She was perplexed when I claimed she gave me permission to post this time. Obviously she didn't like being made a idiot of in front of others waiting. She told us to go to the office where they do the photocopying and ask there if they still had my TM47 envelope. If they didn't have it, then she would fine me 2,000 Baht.

Luckily they still had it. Went back to the nasty individual concerned and she agreed to let me off and accepted my 90 day report as of today. She then made a final rant at my wife to say that next time I WILL have to pay the 2,000 Baht fine. She ended by stating that only those with a medical condition, that prevents them attending in person, will be accepted for postal report.

The office was quite busy today and it took an hour + to do the report. Entry to exit.

Edited by sinbin

One should never expect to get their hopes up when it applies to business level consistency.

Do as I say, not as I do - Thai Immigration

Jeff - have you been taking sensible pills ?

where in the world is Korat Immigration these days Muang, Chok Chai, Dan Kwian, they seem to move about into different locations a lot ?

Maybe the best guide to Immigration office in Dan Kwian Korat immigration office.

Address: Dan Kwian subdistrict, Chok Chai district, Nakhon Ratchasima province 30190

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,48.msg9978.html#new

Good luck with your visa trip.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Just as an update, I phoned Thai Immigration in Korat yesterday to inquire if the scheduled mobile trip was still on for September 13th, and was told YES IT IS. This confirmation has also been obtained by a couple of others on different forums, so I will make the trip to Surin for my 90 day report on Sept 13th, and report the results.

:jap:

I did my 90-day report in Korat two weeks ago. Apart from the 400 kilometer round trip, I obviously live further out in the sticks than Sinbin, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I found the Immigration staff to be very friendly, helpful, polite and efficient. Moreover, they showed some initative with the 90-day report. My report was due on 2 September and the next report should have been 90 days later on 1st December. However, without any input from me the officer saw that I was due to extend my 12-month visa (retirement) on 30th December and made the next 90-day reporting period 30th December too, an extra 29 days. As she handed back the passport and TM47 she said she had extended the 90-day report to save me the trouble of coming in again before the visa extension. Now that is what I call good service!

For sure, the 90-day report is a pain in the arse, quite literally with a 400 kilometer round trip every three months, but I do understand that 'the rules are the rules'. Still, its refreshing to see some common sense and a little bending of the rules to make our lives easier. <_<

I did my 90-day report in Korat two weeks ago. Apart from the 400 kilometer round trip, I obviously live further out in the sticks than Sinbin, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I found the Immigration staff to be very friendly, helpful, polite and efficient. Moreover, they showed some initative with the 90-day report. My report was due on 2 September and the next report should have been 90 days later on 1st December. However, without any input from me the officer saw that I was due to extend my 12-month visa (retirement) on 30th December and made the next 90-day reporting period 30th December too, an extra 29 days. As she handed back the passport and TM47 she said she had extended the 90-day report to save me the trouble of coming in again before the visa extension. Now that is what I call good service!

For sure, the 90-day report is a pain in the arse, quite literally with a 400 kilometer round trip every three months, but I do understand that 'the rules are the rules'. Still, its refreshing to see some common sense and a little bending of the rules to make our lives easier. <_<

Do you live in Surin as your profile says? If so you can do your 90 day report at Chong Chom (71 kms from Surin) or at one of the bimonthly immigration visits either at Surin or Buriram. They visit Surin one month and the next month is at Buriram.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Nomad97, you've been told that you can do your 90 day report at Chong Chom a saving of 258km from the journey to the main office. You've also been told that you can do your report in Buriram, a saving of 240km on your journey. So there is no reason for you to moan that you have a 400km journey to do every 3 months. That is not true. A maximum trip of 160km by my maths is all that is required from you. You do it because it serves a purpose, and not out of necessity.

she said she had extended the 90-day report to save me the trouble of coming in again before the visa extension. Now that is what I call good service!
She done you no favours, as that is the norm and a service that is carried out at other offices. Plus, if the Korat Immigration worked to the rules you would be allowed to do the report by post.
I do understand that 'the rules are the rules'. Still, its refreshing to see some common sense and a little bending of the rules to make our lives easier.

But Korat isn't bending the rules a "little" !! They are in fact making them up and making life difficult for foreigners

Nomad97, take off your rose coloured spectacles and smell the coffee.

Sinbin, I was merely trying to say that they, Korat Immigration, are not as bad as some people make them out to be. And as to serving some other purpose you are quite correct. I needed to consult with the oracle with regards to renewing my passport sometime within the next 12 months or so and whether this would have an adverse affect on the date to extend my long-stay visa. I am pleased to say they were very helpful in this respect too.

With regards to the other options open to me you are quite correct. I have used Chom Chom on several occasions but not so much this year with the shelling and border dispute carrying on. I have also used the workshop in Surin but not Buriram. However, with a 90-day reporting date at the beginning of the month, e.g. 2 Sep, the workshop was not an option this time around. It would have been too late for the Buriram visit (2,000 Baht fine) and, as Mario said above, it looked like the Surin workshop had been cancelled for September.

Just as an update, I phoned Thai Immigration in Korat yesterday to inquire if the scheduled mobile trip was still on for September 13th, and was told YES IT IS. This confirmation has also been obtained by a couple of others on different forums, so I will make the trip to Surin for my 90 day report on Sept 13th, and report the results.

Never believe what Korat Immigration tell you. Been there, done that.

Never believe what Korat Immigration tell you. Been there, done that.

I will believe who and what I choose to believe, regardless of your mis-placed anger. It is legally required that I make this 90 day report so I shall do so. I am searching for the least amount of kilometers to drive to accomplish this. It is almost exactly the same distance for me to drive to Surin as it is to Chong Chom, so either way I am not inconvenienced the amount I would be if I had to drive to Korat.

Chill out a bit, please, no need for such anger. I like hearing positive posts such as Nomad 97 had for Thai Immigration, makes me feel good, unlike your angry "Been there, done that" stuff.

Take it easy, please....:rolleyes:

....as Mario said above, it looked like the Surin workshop had been cancelled for September.

Thanks for the updates gentlemen [Mario & Nomad]. Time savers. Much appreciated.:jap:

No problem, Zza, HAPPY to help and I will post what happens on the 13th in Surin.

:blink:

....as Mario said above, it looked like the Surin workshop had been cancelled for September.

Thanks for the updates gentlemen [Mario & Nomad]. Time savers. Much appreciated.:jap:

No problem, Zza, HAPPY to help and I will post what happens on the 13th in Surin.

:blink:

Went to Surin this morning for Thai Immigration Mobile unit, so I could do my 90 day report. Arrived at Surin City Hall at 9:15 am, was completely done by 9:35, a very pleasant, professional, quick service by Thai Immigration. Thank you.