Korat Immigation

sinbin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to Surin this morning for Thai Immigration Mobile unit, so I could do my 90 day report. Arrived at Surin City Hall at 9:15 am, was completely done by 9:35, a very pleasant, professional, quick service by Thai Immigration. Thank you.

You're kowtowing to Korat Immigration is pathetic. If it wasn't for them implementing a made up rule you wouldn't have had to report in person. But you sound like the kind of person who likes to suck up in person. So therefore I'm sure your trip was "pleasant".

How far do you have to travel, Mario? I've forgotten where you are....

As I've said before, it's about the same distance for me to go to either Chong Chom or Surin, but I have to say that the visit to Surin yesterday was a lot more pleasant than my last one to Chong Chom...had to wake the guy up and he wasn't too happy about it.

:annoyed:

Went to Surin this morning for Thai Immigration Mobile unit, so I could do my 90 day report. Arrived at Surin City Hall at 9:15 am, was completely done by 9:35, a very pleasant, professional, quick service by Thai Immigration. Thank you.

You're kowtowing to Korat Immigration is pathetic. If it wasn't for them implementing a made up rule you wouldn't have had to report in person. But you sound like the kind of person who likes to suck up in person. So therefore I'm sure your trip was "pleasant".

My, My... you're a piece of work, aren't you. Having another bad day? Wake up and find you look just like your avatar? I certainly hope so, now leave me alone, I don't need your negative BS.

:rolleyes:

You know Sinbin, regardless of how independent or resistant we like to consider ourselves, there comes life situations that find us in a place to kowtow to the said authorities - wether we find the routine to be repressive and bureaucratic, it's an extension of life for us to be residents here. You can't escape it. More often than not, one has to play their game. It's healthier on the soul to make the best of it.

Each and everyone has their own path of convenience and comfort, as it applies to the immigration circus.

The most pleasurable experience i have had with immigration has been in the Korat office each time.

Compared to bkk and what I hear of phuket and pattaya........we do not need the grumpy farang in there stirring the pot and turning them into sour pusses like themselves.

The most pleasurable experience i have had with immigration has been in the Korat office each time.

Compared to bkk and what I hear of phuket and pattaya........we do not need the grumpy farang in there stirring the pot and turning them into sour pusses like themselves.

Well said, Dag. Grumpy is as grumpy does. I have to imagine that if you have a bad attitude when you go in to Immigration, it will reflect on how you perceive their service. If you go into a McDonalds with an attitude, then one of the cooks might pee in your Coke. I think perhaps Immigration has peed in Sinbin's Coke. I sure hope not, but you never know.

:o

i was in the old korat imm.on a 90day report there was a farang in there who was going to everyone complaining about something,he got on my nerves so i went outside missed my turn,now i was p-ssed off so i told this bloke to f-off, officer understood and said to me your next.thank you sir i replaid dont they love these people with attitude.

+ 4 to all those with positive thoughts! As the curmudgeonly misanthropic poster says, " You can't escape it. More often than not, one has to play their game."

I have had many a chuckle while sitting and waiting my turn in the queue at Korat Immigration. Some farangs really go out of their way to try and upset the Immigration Staff and, in so doing, become quite upset themselves. The more upset the farang becomes the more agro and messing around they seem to receive from the immigration staff. What should have taken a couple of minutes to sort out suddenly becomes mission impossible and the farang is told to go away and return with yet another piece of paperwork that he forgot to bring with him. A trip back to his home and return to Immigration the following day, with more photo copies of course. Yes, and before you ask, I have seen over the years many a farang with 'attitude' turned away.

On the other hand, those that enter the 'hallowed halls' with a polite and positive attitude seem to complete their business without hassle and quickly too. Even when they do not have all the necessary paperwork with them the staff seem to be able to find an acceptable alternative and send yet another happy expat on his way. Without a doubt, polite manners and a nice smile goes a long way in most walks of life.

+ 4 to all those with positive thoughts! As the curmudgeonly misanthropic poster says, " You can't escape it. More often than not, one has to play their game."

I have had many a chuckle while sitting and waiting my turn in the queue at Korat Immigration. Some farangs really go out of their way to try and upset the Immigration Staff and, in so doing, become quite upset themselves. The more upset the farang becomes the more agro and messing around they seem to receive from the immigration staff. What should have taken a couple of minutes to sort out suddenly becomes mission impossible and the farang is told to go away and return with yet another piece of paperwork that he forgot to bring with him. A trip back to his home and return to Immigration the following day, with more photo copies of course. Yes, and before you ask, I have seen over the years many a farang with 'attitude' turned away.

On the other hand, those that enter the 'hallowed halls' with a polite and positive attitude seem to complete their business without hassle and quickly too. Even when they do not have all the necessary paperwork with them the staff seem to be able to find an acceptable alternative and send yet another happy expat on his way. Without a doubt, polite manners and a nice smile goes a long way in most walks of life.

That's been my experience also-they have gone out of their way to assist me. Korat is a good office.

Lefty

Indeed ,it is . The only real problem ,is the staff ,who used to work at Kap Choeng ,totally hate having to be in Korat. Isn't she pretty ,though? Such a lovely person. So very helpful.

I miss the easy and light-hearted process at Kap Choeng.

The good old days...

Indeed ,it is . The only real problem ,is the staff ,who used to work at Kap Choeng ,totally hate having to be in Korat. Isn't she pretty ,though? Such a lovely person. So very helpful.

I think she actually comes from Korat.

She does the immigration 'clinics' at Surin and Buriram... so we all hope these continue next year.

She does the immigration 'clinics' at Surin and Buriram... so we all hope these continue next year.

I certainly hope so, it's much easier than the drive to Korat and it it always nice to do this with someone pretty, polite and efficient.

(Am I kowtowing? I hope so!)

:lol:

Who is 'she'.....if it is the girl that sits on the desk to the left normally, yes she is rather cute, good english and usually very friendly....however, friday of last week she was not so friendly...not unfriendly...just not as friendly, rather abrupt and quick to get on with it......might have been wrong time of month.

I hope too many foreigners have not been in there pissing them off and this is a sign of attitudes to come.....it always has been pleasant a place.

Yes, originally.

She and my wife long-time good friends.....it's a small world.

...and such indirect connections have their advantages.;)

Who is 'she'.....if it is the girl that sits on the desk to the left normally, yes she is rather cute, good english and usually very friendly....however, friday of last week she was not so friendly...not unfriendly...just not as friendly, rather abrupt and quick to get on with it......might have been wrong time of month.

I hope too many foreigners have not been in there pissing them off and this is a sign of attitudes to come.....it always has been pleasant a place.

I have nothing but praise for this officer, when you see the number of people she has to deal with, and to be quite frank, the attitudes of some of them, it is not surprising that she has the odd stressed out moment.

(Am I kowtowing too? yep)

Being polite unfortunately isn`t enough for korat immigration on occasions...for those who know me, most say i`m polite.

It`s when they make up their own rules and don`t follow the written law (theirs), and when pointed out politely thats when the sh1t hits the fan...

That`s when you have to join the crawler lane, had over goodies, back handers etc. sad really but true..never liked having to crawl.

I have nothing but praise for this officer, when you see the number of people she has to deal with, and to be quite frank, the attitudes of some of them, it is not surprising that she has the odd stressed out moment.

(Am I kowtowing too? yep)

I second that, If it is the same person we are talking about, she came over from Kap Cheong, always helpful.

On the other hand, I see people many times; come in with a knowing all western superiority complex.

The immigration officers immediately pick up on the vibe; service going downhill from there on.

Regards

Edited by soidog2

If the Korat office is so nice, then why don't they conform and allow 90 day report by post ? Keep on 'kowtowing' even though it's all in vain. At least it gives them a buzz. :D

You can't let it go. As previously stated, the reason for a personal appearance for the 90 day report is to prevent cheating by those not in Thailand that claim to be. Immigration has stated that you must report to any Thai Immigration office in Thailand for this report. That's any office IN Thailand.

Please backup your BS claim that THEIR LAW states that you can do the 90 day by post , and do not have to personally appear. I am anxious to say you are right. Show me your proof.

The Korat Immigration office allow us to use their Mobile Unit for many needed Immigration needs, so we don't have to drive to Korat. I am grateful for this. Please get over your attitude problem, you are a visitor in this country and you make the rest of us look bad.

:jap:

If the Korat office is so nice, then why don't they conform and allow 90 day report by post ? Keep on 'kowtowing' even though it's all in vain. At least it gives them a buzz. :D

You can't let it go. As previously stated, the reason for a personal appearance for the 90 day report is to prevent cheating by those not in Thailand that claim to be. Immigration has stated that you must report to any Thai Immigration office in Thailand for this report. That's any office IN Thailand.

Please backup your BS claim that THEIR LAW states that you can do the 90 day by post , and do not have to personally appear. I am anxious to say you are right. Show me your proof.

The Korat Immigration office allow us to use their Mobile Unit for many needed Immigration needs, so we don't have to drive to Korat. I am grateful for this. Please get over your attitude problem, you are a visitor in this country and you make the rest of us look bad.

Mario,

i`m sure you are a reasonable chap, but possibly misted up a little bit re. this thread...

At no point is it mentioned or stated that "THEIR LAW" (post 53), refers to a 90 day report....to explain further, this is an observation of mine regarding a different issue.

As the thread title makes no mention of 90 day report, therefore allowing scope within the title for opinions and albeit, facts regarding that office.....regards

Being polite unfortunately isn`t enough for korat immigration on occasions...for those who know me, most say i`m polite.

It`s when they make up their own rules and don`t follow the written law (theirs), and when pointed out politely thats when the sh1t hits the fan...

That`s when you have to join the crawler lane, had over goodies, back handers etc. sad really but true..never liked having to crawl.

What can be even more frustration is the fact that numerous offices [throughout the country] interpret the rules, regulations, laws differently from the next. More common than not.....it's more akin to making up the rules as they go to suit themselves at the monment.

What can be even more frustration is the fact that numerous offices [throughout the country] interpret the rules, regulations, laws differently from the next. More common than not.....it's more akin to making up the rules as they go to suit themselves at the monment.

A good example of this is that an overweight new member of the Chong Chom crossing asked for coffee money for my 90 day stamp. They apparently stopped drinking tea.

A good example of this is that an overweight new member of the Chong Chom crossing asked for coffee money for my 90 day stamp. They apparently stopped drinking tea.

Yes. Coffee, indeed.

Mario,

i`m sure you are a reasonable chap, but possibly misted up a little bit re. this thread...

At no point is it mentioned or stated that "THEIR LAW" (post 53), refers to a 90 day report....to explain further, this is an observation of mine regarding a different issue.

As the thread title makes no mention of 90 day report, therefore allowing scope within the title for opinions and albeit, facts regarding that office.....regards

Sorry, I'm not buying much of what you say either. In post #11 you stated that Thai Immigration was no longer doing the mobile unit visits to Surin and Buriram. Not Correct.

Now you say this thread isn't about the 90 day report because the title didn't mention it? The OP's first and second sentences mention it, as do the first dozen or so posts. (Maybe more than that, I'm tired of looking at this)

I'm done here, it's been beat to death that Thailand doesn't treat you fairly. Just once, take a look outside and see that it's a nice day in a nice place, and to be able to stay here and enjoy it you might have to put up with some irregularities somewhere, sometimes.

Have a good day.

Edited by mario299