Transferring Non-B And Work Permit To New Employer

No it is not - work permits are issued by the local labor office. As for your stay are you here on a 90 day visa entry or a one year extension of stay? If a 90 day visa no effect but if extension of stay you will have to obtain a new one as that will end on your last day of work.

I have a non-b valid till next March, and 3 years ago I transferred a work permit using the services of a lawyer. Can't get a hold of her now. The work permit was succesfully transferred and all i had left to do was transfer the non-b.

It was doable and prolly still is. PM me if anyone has a good lawyer's number.

Thanks

You can transfer the WP if in the same provincal area. Is your Non Imm B an extension from the Immigration office or a Multi, if from Immigration the last day of your work is the last day you can stay in Thailand, unless you get a 7 day extension.

thanks bean, actually I transferred one 3 years ago between provinces... pattaya and rayong

thanks...

No you didnt, both Pattaya and Rayong are part of Chonburi Province, you transferred the WP within the same province..........:whistling:

thanks bean, actually I transferred one 3 years ago between provinces... pattaya and rayong

thanks...

No you didnt, both Pattaya and Rayong are part of Chonburi Province, you transferred the WP within the same province..........:whistling:

:rolleyes:

thanks...

:rolleyes:

Lets hope its not geography he is teaching....:rolleyes:

:blink: Rayong and Chonburi same province for work permit????

Anyways please reply if you can help.

PS check your provinces

:lol:

Soutpeel thinks that Pattaya and Rayong are part of Chonburi Province. I hope indeed that Soutpeel isn't teaching Social Studies or Geography.

Going back to your OP, moving from Rayong province to Bangkok means a complete new work permit. There's not such a thing as a transfer. As an initial work permit for teachers might take at least 7 to 14 days, it's not doable within the 7 days extension of temporary you can buy after finishing the previous job.

Best thing to do is apply for a new non-immigrant B or Tourist Visa abroad.

:blink: Rayong and Chonburi same province for work permit????

Anyways please reply if you can help.

PS check your provinces

:lol:

Soutpeel thinks that Pattaya and Rayong are part of Chonburi Province. I hope indeed that Soutpeel isn't teaching Social Studies or Geography.

Going back to your OP, moving from Rayong province to Bangkok means a complete new work permit. There's not such a thing as a transfer. As an initial work permit for teachers might take at least 7 to 14 days, it's not doable within the 7 days extension of temporary you can buy after finishing the previous job.

Best thing to do is apply for a new non-immigrant B or Tourist Visa abroad.

Great advise, but not really.

If your new employer is willing to start with the application for a work permit immediately, you might be lucky.

As soon as the application has started you will get a receipt from Labor Department.

Try to get a copy of the receipt of the cancellation from your former employer and add this too to the documents.

Add a copy (and keep the original for visitation purposes) to the rest of the documents and head for immigration.

In my own experience, they start with an extension of 3 months, pending the submission of the new work permit.

Of course, everybody will tell you to ho abroad and get a new non-B........that's the easiest thing to do........for them.

I changed jobs 2 times (one time between provinces) and I never had to leave the country.

I think, but that's just a thought, that immigration might give you 3 months (or 119 days) while you are in probation of contract.

Anyway, don't contact Immigration and/or Labor Department on your own. They prefer it when the person in charge (eg HR) is joining you.

thanks...

LMAO, you sure bout that Soutpeel.................