Thai Finance Ministry To Exempt Thaksin's Children From Bt11 Billion In Taxes

webfact

The fist dividend payment s on the shares bought in Thailand Ltd by Thaksin has just been made.

A handsome return on the investment made in a assortment of politicians, rabid political pressure groups and assorted ways and means of getting the masses to vote for your personal party.

The incoming government hasn't even been formed yet and the vampires are already bloodsucking on the financial body of Thailand and its people. Red shirts may well soon have red faces when they see how they've been used to bolster the Thaksin family fortunes.

Explain this one Yingluck

How about if I play the Clones Clone.

"Its too soon to talk about this"

Edited by MAJIC

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shinawatra Family is back in Politics and things start to happen, all to their advantage. It is time for people who voted for Yingluck to wake up and realize what they have done.

Let's get real.

This is all on plan, just the beginning.

Typical Yingluck voter:

1. Knows she's Thaksin's puppet

2. Likes that she's Thaksin's puppet

3. Thinks she pretty and polite, likes the idea of a non-threatening feminine woman who will simply follow the man's orders and present a pretty face to it

4. Knows and accepts Thaksin was corrupt and expects all Thai politicians to be corrupt

5. Hopes they get a piece of the action, some shiny toys, some "free" loans, goodies

6. Would be angry and confused if Yingluck turns out to be her own woman and actually acts like a leader working hard for the entire country in opposition to Thaksin when it is the right thing to do, instead of for the Thaksin cronies and followers

Edited by Jingthing

The fist dividend payment s on the shares bought in Thailand Ltd by Thaksin has just been made.

A handsome return on the investment made in a assortment of politicians, rabid political pressure groups and assorted ways and means of getting the masses to vote for your personal party.

The incoming government hasn't even been formed yet and the vampires are already bloodsucking on the financial body of Thailand and its people. Red shirts may well soon have red faces when they see how they've been used to bolster the Thaksin family fortunes.

Explain this one Yingluck

Its too soon to talk about this.

I think her brother can explain this one. Bad question.

thai2ap.jpg

I seem to recall many Tvisa members fervently supporting upholding the letter of the law when amnesty was mentioned...........it would appear the Finance Ministry have made a decision based on law...........why would that now be an issue?.........or perhaps the adherance to the law is not the issue, and posters just are looking for an excuse to vent.....but the excuse does not exist.....if you believe the law should be upheld.

Word it how you want, however, this is but one of many examples of how those who use the Red bandwagon to gain power through popular vote have absolutely no intention of paying anything but peanuts back to those that voted for them.

11 Billion could make a great difference in the education system, maybe some better quality tablets.....

Peanuts... ha! They will get the shells, that is all.

TheWalkingMan

The decision was made some time ago. I believe that thet the Abhisit government was aware of the position and held off on making the decision public. Now Mr. Abhisit gasps in surprise. Now the Democrats can create an issue out of decision that was reached when they were in power.

gk even you know its insider trading,which ever way you look at it.but this is thailand not the west.

The issue for me is not the decision, but one of timing. The decision was rendered some time ago. Why sit on it? Why didn't the Abhisit administration make the decision public?

I think "Great Leader" has a nice ring to it. Better order some kneepads, they'll come in handy later on.

Some KY-gel might also come in handy. <_<

I seem to recall many Tvisa members fervently supporting upholding the letter of the law when amnesty was mentioned...........it would appear the Finance Ministry have made a decision based on law...........why would that now be an issue?.........or perhaps the adherance to the law is not the issue, and posters just are looking for an excuse to vent.....but the excuse does not exist.....if you believe the law should be upheld.

Fine, so if the money really belongs to Thaksin & his 'ex', who are now the ones who are viewed as legally owing the tax, shouldn't the money have been retained by the tax-man while that case goes through the courts ?

Or will that be never, under this government, and since it might require his presence in-court, to start the case ? B)

The decision was made some time ago. I believe that thet the Abhisit government was aware of the position and held off on making the decision public. Now Mr. Abhisit gasps in surprise. Now the Democrats can create an issue out of decision that was reached when they were in power.

gk even you know its insider trading,which ever way you look at it.but this is thailand not the west.

The issue for me is not the decision, but one of timing. The decision was rendered some time ago. Why sit on it? Why didn't the Abhisit administration make the decision public?

Where is there any suggestion that the "decision was rendered some time ago"?

Edited by whybother

its not about the money, its about face

in this instance the poor thais have their face rubbed in it.

Hell it's 11 billion - the number of TVF members who are moving their money out and going elsewhere will be taking more than that out of the economy

Perhaps you'd like to share your calculations re TVF members moving out will take more then 11 Billion Baht out of Thailand. Further do you have any real data that indicates large numbers are actually moving out?

I wonder if you have an incorrect /overinflated picture of how much foreigners (living here) actually contribute to the Thai economy.

I think perhaps you don’t understand the relationship between civil servants and political appointees within a ministry.

I suspect that indeed the decision to not appeal the court decision to not collect the tax from the children was made some time ago, but there was no way the political appointees of the previous government were going to announce that.

It is interesting that the civil servants, though not under supervision of political appointees since the dissolution of the house, chose the very day the new PM was given Royal approval to make the announcement. Certainly it was done to convey a message to the power behind the new government that they (the civil servants) are willing to support the agenda and are worth of keeping their jobs.

TH

I wonder why this was up to Jitmanee and not the head director of the Revenue dept, but rather one of the deputies. Makes me wonder if she felt intimidated into pleasing the corrupt family dynasty out of fear or reprisals, now that phuea khwai's oligarchial forces are the devils behind the scene.

The wider issue is that many of the cases brought against the paymaster have never got to court because he needed to be present, but he fled, plus in a number of cases large amounts of official historical documentation which was needed to prove certain points has totally disappeared and cannot be traced, probably destroyed.

Plus my Thai colleagues have mentioned numerous times that:

- The heads of ministries / senior officials of ministries, and more avoid making statements to the police, tell lies when they are forced to make statements to the police, because:

- - The truth would reveal their own involvement in corruption and collusion

- - They strongly fear that if the paymaster returns (or has his clone in the drivers seat) they will be severely punished.

I think perhaps you don't understand the relationship between civil servants and political appointees within a ministry.

I suspect that indeed the decision to not appeal the court decision to not collect the tax from the children was made some time ago, but there was no way the political appointees of the previous government were going to announce that.

It is interesting that the civil servants, though not under supervision of political appointees since the dissolution of the house, chose the very day the new PM was given Royal approval to make the announcement. Certainly it was done to convey a message to the power behind the new government that they (the civil servants) are willing to support the agenda and are worth of keeping their jobs.

TH

Suspecting it is fine. Stating it as fact is completely different.

The bottom line is that we have one family (opposed to the so called elites, but in fact they are the so called elites and further the paymaster tried to become a higher elite), avoiding taxes of 11Billion Baht, and there is little doubt that they have the funds and payment would leave them with enough Billions for the next 20 generations.

Thailand urgently needs leaders who have morals and values and show actual examples of ethics. The paymaster is the ultimate poster child, for many reasons for the man with no ethics or morals.

What also irks many is that Thailand desperately needs a massive massive upgrade in education and it will take a lot of money to achieve any valuable results which make a difference. 11Billion would help a lot.

Unfortunately a very large percentage of Thais will never get out of poverty until they are much more capable of building a better quality of life through their own productivity, which needs capability. In reality they remain trapped, through deliberate policy, in poverty

And, in the pt election promises real upgrade of education didn't get even a small mention, unless of course you consider tablet pc's to be the magic answer. I certainly hope not!

Edited by scorecard

That didn't take long.

When's Thaksin coming back in person -- next weekend?

Now its again very clear, what was the goal of the elections

So, you blame a government that's not yet in office for something the various junta-backed governments failed to do for 5 years?

They ARE in office now and Yingluck IS the prime minister!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Last night I had a dream . Eleven million baht used to set up a special high learning rate high schools in the 11 poorest provinces of Thailand, everything free including dorm accommodation if needed, and only the brightest kids allowed to enter. Those students that can't keep up being replaced after a trial period to weed out those who got in by "influence", and a maximum income level of families set. Foreign teachers expecting/demanding questions and individual thought, and teaching in English after the first year. New teaching graduates used as teacher's aides to learn better teaching methods before moving on to other schools.

Of course, it was only a dream. In reality the ill-gotten gains are being returned to the Shinawatra's, but that's OK because everybody knows how much they care about the poor and down-trodden. Perhaps if they hear of my dream, they might donate the money and make it come true.

No, no, no - don't think about that. Down that road lies madness...............

After-thought - i should have said 11 poorest Northern provinces, because if you built such a school in the south, it would an instant target for bomb attacks. Can't have that sort of thing down there...........

I think perhaps you don't understand the relationship between civil servants and political appointees within a ministry.

TH

The announcement being made by civil servants on the day the new PM was royally endorsed is a fact.

My only supposition was that the previous government’s political appointees did not make the decision public, a inference that you first brought up and now you attempt to discredit my post for making the same one.

Make all the fallacy arguments you want, but the fact remains, the civil servants of the Revenue dept, supported by the civil servants of the Finance Ministry have made a statement to the power behind the new government.

TH

Last night I had a dream . Eleven million baht used to set up a special high learning rate high schools in the 11 poorest provinces of Thailand, everything free including dorm accommodation if needed, and only the brightest kids allowed to enter. Those students that can't keep up being replaced after a trial period to weed out those who got in by "influence", and a maximum income level of families set. Foreign teachers expecting/demanding questions and individual thought, and teaching in English after the first year. New teaching graduates used as teacher's aides to learn better teaching methods before moving on to other schools.

Of course, it was only a dream. In reality the ill-gotten gains are being returned to the Shinawatra's, but that's OK because everybody knows how much they care about the poor and down-trodden. Perhaps if they hear of my dream, they might donate the money and make it come true.

After-thought - i should have said 11 poorest Northern provinces, because if you built such a school in the south, it would an instant target for bomb attacks. Can't have that sort of thing down there...........

You mean 11 BILLION baht.!!!!!!:o

and the DEEP South.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

1. Return all the money to the Boss in Dubai.

2. Get revenge on Suthep and the generals, and get them in prison.

3. Forgive all the Red Shirts and Thaksin.

4. Thaksin returns, kisses the ground, and rides into Bangkok on a white elephant.

5. Street demonstrations in protest.

6. Packs of Red Shirt attack the anti-Thaksin demonstrators at every opportunity. Many protestors die. Peua Thai say they shot themselves.

7. Chaos returns.

8. Coup. Thaksin flees back to Dubai.

9. The Democrats return to power.

10. Thaksin wins the next election by buying votes, and returns to power.

11. Repeat ...

That didn't take long.

When's Thaksin coming back in person -- next weekend?

Now its again very clear, what was the goal of the elections

So, you blame a government that's not yet in office for something the various junta-backed governments failed to do for 5 years?

They ARE in office now and Yingluck IS the prime minister!!!

Yes, they are in office and the responsibilities and work has started. And if you want to play a 'tit for tat' game, here's my contribution:

- Thakins' red thugs didn't give abhisit any honeymoon in fact they tried to kill him and violently raided a regional conference in pattaya, displaying Thailand as a wild west lawless state.

- So why should yingluck / pt get any honeymoon?

4. Thaksin returns, kisses the ground, and rides into Bangkok on a white elephant.

6. Packs of Red Shirt attack the anti-Thaksin demonstrators at every opportunity. Many protestors die. Peua Thai say they shot themselves.

7. Chaos returns.

11. Repeat ...

You have just described THAI democracy in action!!!:blink:

You mean 11 BILLION baht.!!!!!!:o

and the DEEP South.

Indeed. Sorry, a typo.

7. Chaos returns.

11. Repeat ...

Point 5 is the turning point. I wonder if Sondhi (and his not inconsiderable backers) has the stomach for it all over again.

The announcement being made by civil servants on the day the new PM was royally endorsed is a fact.

My only supposition was that the previous government's political appointees did not make the decision public, a inference that you first brought up and now you attempt to discredit my post for making the same one.

Make all the fallacy arguments you want, but the fact remains, the civil servants of the Revenue dept, supported by the civil servants of the Finance Ministry have made a statement to the power behind the new government.

TH

"..........made a statement to the power behind the new government." That would be the Shinawatra clan, and Thaksin in particular? Would that statement be that you are still a criminal and we want our tax?

TH

My only supposition was that the previous government's political appointees did not make the decision public, a inference that you first brought up and now you attempt to discredit my post for making the same one.

TH

I wasn't trying to (and don't believe I did) discredit your post.

I was commenting on the difference between your statement ("suspect") and GK's statement (a statement of "fact" that the decision WAS made prior to the election).

7. Chaos returns.

11. Repeat ...

Point 5 is the turning point. I wonder if Sondhi (and his not inconsiderable backers) has the stomach for it all over again.

I agree, and how long before this happens as Yingluck had to make so many false and unaffordable promises to ensure they achieved their goal of being elected. Actually, I correct myself, all they probably needed to do is match (or put forward a different but equivalent manifesto) to that of the Democrats policy offerings and they would most likely have been elected anyway on account of the political fervour at the time.

Still, they chose to do it as they saw best and must extract themselves out of a tricky situation so as to not let their expectant faithful down without destroying SME's and increasing the unemployment rate as a consequence. The cost of living will rise, as will the interest rate, inflation, price of food and fuel and the strength of the baht. Not everything will rise though as the quality of life, employment rates, exports (strong baht), business competitiveness and happiness levels will inevitably fall.

I forgot to mention a few other things that will rise - suicide rates, divorces and unrest in the North (and deep South). Not exactly a recipe for a thriving economy and contented nation!!!!, is it!!!:(