Thai Finance Ministry To Exempt Thaksin's Children From Bt11 Billion In Taxes

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious if the money that was being held was from proceeds of the sale (done in the kids name) and therefore the tax is due from it, regardless of the who owes or who owned the shares.

Are they saying they are giving the 11 billion (or 22 billion, I’m not sure) back to kids because they didn’t own the shares even though they received the proceeds from the sale from Ample Rich to Temasak?

Or is this just a few billion the kids have of their own that the government has been holding since 2006?

TH

That didn't take long.

When's Thaksin coming back in person -- next weekend?

Now its again very clear, what was the goal of the elections

Here we go,just the start.It was clear as soon as the money was confiscated what this has all been about.Money and ego(face).

I am curious if the money that was being held was from proceeds of the sale (done in the kids name) and therefore the tax is due from it, regardless of the who owes or who owned the shares.

Are they saying they are giving the 11 billion (or 22 billion, I'm not sure) back to kids because they didn't own the shares even though they received the proceeds from the sale from Ample Rich to Temasak?

Or is this just a few billion the kids have of their own that the government has been holding since 2006?

TH

I read it as a debt owed to the state by whoever,the moneies released were, 22million, plus assets totaling 1 billion were the kids.

Ample Rich Investment Co, Ltd,

Can that really be the real name of a company?

and would you invest in it?

You can't invest in it unless your family name is Shinawatra.

For the whole story and notice a currently high profile name that also appears.

The Paper Trail

TH

No doubt the Statute of Limitations on all of Thaksin's crimes will be brought forward to next week, so that he is spared punishment. But in any case, we know that he will be "proven" innocent soon as he needs to come back for his daughter's wedding in December.

As very few of us has a right to vote here.

We knew what the political system here is capable of and its norm.

Its old news.

So to sum up the relevance of the news story and the comments.

I need to say.....So what! Big deal. Why should I care?

Its old news.

Why do you feel the need to say nothing???:blink:

Wow! talk about in your face. It's the sort of thing you would want to slip in unnoticed during an out break of the black death or war. Golden feathers for the a nest. The question is who's nest.

I seem to recall many Tvisa members fervently supporting upholding the letter of the law when amnesty was mentioned...........it would appear the Finance Ministry have made a decision based on law...........why would that now be an issue?.........or perhaps the adherance to the law is not the issue, and posters just are looking for an excuse to vent.....but the excuse does not exist.....if you believe the law should be upheld.

Until the shares are proven to be in Thaksins ownership the kids are still liable for the tax-debt. The Finance Ministry has no legal standing to do a 'we know, nudge-nudge, that these shares should be his but it isn't legally established yet, so we won't try to collect from the kids', as the shares's ownership is a very black and white issue for them. To classify them as grey they are trying to dodge it and perhaps buy themselves some time to not have to do anything about their new paymasters...

Its old news.

Right, well then...let's just shut down the forum...

Why do I have the feeling that some of the angriest comments come from those without any liquid assets save for the backwash in their Beer Chang?

That explains the bile you produce against other posters.

If the tax was taken from the children the finance ministry is acknowledging they held ownership, this acceptance could well have released Thaksin from more serious charges later. The Thaksin haters should actually be welcoming this announcement..........

I think a lot including certain media organizations have missed that point

As soon as Thaksin pays the tax he will then owe for owning the shares instead of the children, as he claimed, then the children can have their money back...

That didn't take long.

When's Thaksin coming back in person -- next weekend?

Now its again very clear, what was the goal of the elections

So, you blame a government that's not yet in office for something the various junta-backed governments failed to do for 5 years?

I don't see any blame made here, just the honest truth. If this was a book it could be titled "The Rise and Fall and Re-Rise of Taksin Family in Thailand" This agenda was clear long ago. Now we start to see the outcome. And I believe they are in power as of last Friday.

Edited by soundman
Fixed quote tags.

The Shinawatra Family is back in Politics and things start to happen, all to their advantage. It is time for people who voted for Yingluck to wake up and realize what they have done.

Hopefully the people the election was about will start to get the message. The election was not about the poor. It was about the "Family" getting its feet back on Thai ground, even more rich than before. This is just the first of many shoes to drop in the next few years. I'm afraid all we can do is get used to it.

If Thaksin had half a brain he would keep quiet and live the rest of his life peacefully off all his ill-gotten gains where he would be out-of-sight out-of-mind. If the country had the other half they would tell him to do so. I'm really getting a bit sick of all this Thaksin crap. Time to get the country on its feet and running.