How Much Does It Cost If I Rent A House In Bangkok

Nice location and facilities.

Please give me some ideas.

Thanks

Hi Golden Retriever.

You're going to have to give a few more details than that to get any sensible replies I’m afraid.

Size, rooms, location (Bangkok is huge and prices can vary enormously), budget etc.

Cheers

Aitch

Thanks Aitch.

Actually, I have no any idea on the location because I am living in China now. I am going to Bangkok with my bf at the very begining of 2006. I need a 3 bed room apartment or a nice house if the price is reasonable (150-200SQM). We will stay in Bangkok for around 2 years.

I used to rent a 4BR 4br house in the Sukhumvit Soi 67 area for 30,000 baht per month.

I also used to rent an 18th floor 2BR 2br apartment in Sukhumvit Soi 6 for 55,000 baht per month.

Many choices... many options... and you need to be more specific about where in BKK you want to stay... proximity to Skytrain, shopping, schools, work district etc.

I used to rent a 4BR 4br house in the Sukhumvit Soi 67 area for 30,000 baht per month.

I also used to rent an 18th floor 2BR 2br apartment in Sukhumvit Soi 6 for 55,000 baht per month.

Many choices... many options... and you need to be more specific about where in BKK you want to stay... proximity to Skytrain, shopping, schools, work district etc.

would you please tell me which area in Bangkok in a better area.

would you please tell me which area in Bangkok in a better area.

It really does depend on your own personal preferences.

For example, the apartment I had in Suk Soi 6 was just around the corner from the Nana BTS (skytrain) station, and so easy access to just about everything BKK has to offer. Just around the corner was also one of BKK's most famous red light areas, and all the foreign tourists, and hawkers, and other human flotsam and jetsam that accompanies that kind of district.

Don't get me wrong... in those days I was very much the single man and it suited me perfectly.

My later dwelling, the house in Suk Soi 67, was in a totally Thai neighbourhood, was also situated halfway between the Ekkamai and Prakanong BTS stations, so also easy access to just about everything BKK has to offer. No tourists in the area, but also not many foreign restaurants and shopping outlets.

Both locations had their own benefits.

Now I am no longer in BKK, but if I had a choice, and was stationed in BKK again, I would choose the latter as I am now a happily (nearly-) married man and no longer have an active interest in the red light districts.

:D

It would be good to get some more input on this subject from other (current) BKK residents. :o

Thanks Jai Dee. :D

I do not want my bf to touch that red-light area. :D it is better I select other places. :D

we would like to stay in an appartment/house in a beautiful environment. 3 bed room is a must.

modern style decoration, full furniture, 2 bathroom at least, Clean, TV cable, internet cable, secure, not far to RAMA I Rd.,Pathumwan,Bangkok.

:o is it possible?

Thanks.

I stayed in Floraville condo's on Patanakarn 51 for six months when I was working in BKK. There's 4 tower blocks wth diffrent types of rooms available varing from moderatly priced to mega expensive.

It is a really nice place to stay/live, 3 swimming pools, tropical gardens, restaurant, snooker tables, gym, convienience stores and a bar.

It's about 10 mins in a taxi to central BKK, IF the traffic is okay.

Rj

I stayed in Floraville condo's on Patanakarn 51 for six months when I was working in BKK. There's 4 tower blocks wth diffrent types of rooms available varing from moderatly priced to mega expensive.

It is a really nice place to stay/live, 3 swimming pools, tropical gardens, restaurant, snooker tables, gym, convienience stores and a bar.

It's about 10 mins in a taxi to central BKK, IF the traffic is okay.

Rj

RJ, Do you have any idea how much it costs of a 150-200SQM appartent?

Floraville is nice, looking for a deal there myself. You'd be looking at 30-40K for a 150-200SQM place there.

Is that the appartment you guys mentioned? I checked the price, it is extremely expensive.

Floraville Apartments

Address:

12-14 Soi Pattanakarn (Soi Floraville) Pattanakarn Road, Srinakarin Intersection, Suanluang,

Floraville is nice, looking for a deal there myself. You'd be looking at 30-40K for a 150-200SQM place there.

Is that the appartment you guys mentioned? I checked the price, it is extremely expensive.

Floraville Apartments

Address:

12-14 Soi Pattanakarn (Soi Floraville) Pattanakarn Road, Srinakarin Intersection, Suanluang,

Here's the number +66 2722 4080

Or just type in Floraville into google and you'll find it. It is expensive but you get what you pay for I suppose.

Rj

Hey Golden

I am looking for a place myself and I can say the prices gone up lately, some ad in Bkk post was renting out 2br/ floraville for 35 000 only , I guess it's a good deal for that place but I looked at their other property they offered and it turned out overpriced ( too dirty and very small although in good building and not so bad location)

I have found one place very quiet and nice they are asking 35 000 ( SC Villa ) for a large 2br, very near to Sky train Ekkamai station, everything is good but the building is at least 20 years old, and so is the furn. in the place...

so it's really realy hard to find something good and worthy these days... the only place I like was Sukhumvit 30/1 waterford but not the main bld, a new cozy place they put up close to it ( you can use their great facilities such as 2 swimming pools and a good gym) it costs 50 000+ per 2br. about 90 sqm.

the rest is just dissappointment... the prices rise and quality goes down with the age...

what's your budget by the way ?

Edited by LazyCat

Hey Golden

I am looking for a place myself and  I can say the prices gone up lately, some ad in Bkk post was renting out 2br/ floraville for 35 000 only , I guess it's a good deal for that place but I looked at their other property they offered and it turned out overpriced ( too dirty and very small although in good building and not so bad location)

I have found one place very quiet and nice they are asking 35 000 ( SC Villa ) for a large 2br, very near to Sky train Ekkamai station, everything is good but the building is at least 20 years old, and so is the furn. in the place...

so it's really realy hard to find something  good and worthy these days... the only place I like was Sukhumvit 30/1 waterford but not the main bld, a new  cozy place they put up close to it ( you can use their great facilities such as 2 swimming pools and a good gym) it costs 50 000+ per 2br. about 90 sqm.

the rest is just dissappointment... the prices rise and quality goes down with the age...

what's your budget by the way ?

Hi, Cat,

Actually, my budget is around 1500USD and I prefer a 3br-apartment.

Floraville Apartments

Address:

Here's the number +66 2722 4080

Or just type in Floraville into google and you'll find it. It is expensive but you get what you pay for I suppose.

Rj

Thanks Rj, I found the website by searching google. Thanks a lot. It is really nice they provide room cleansing and other kinds of service which is rather like a hotel. Actually, I have to stay in Bangkok for almost 3 years and I want to have a home-feeling place which I can handle by myself without any disturbing by servants. Is it possible I find some places like that?

Golden

Thanks Rj, I found the website by searching google. Thanks a lot. It is really nice they provide room cleansing and other kinds of service which is rather like a hotel. Actually, I have to stay in Bangkok for almost 3 years and I want to have a home-feeling place which I can handle by myself without any disturbing by servants. Is it possible I find some places like that?

Golden

Floraville is self serviced or serviced, it's up to you :o

Rj

Golden

Floraville is self serviced or serviced, it's up to you :o

Rj

Thanks, Rj, do you have other suggestions? Is it possible to find a cheaper villa near downtown? how much does it cost?

Dear Sir,

Here I would like to purpose the location which near to the Don Muang and have a very good location for you which are in the Cheangwattana. Location are near to the Shopping Centers, Ministry of Foreign Affair and etc

The pricing for the rental of the room is as below;

1 Room, 1 Hall and 1 Small Balcony the price are 13,000 - 14, 000 Thb

2 Room, 1 Hall and 1 Balcony the price are 18,000- 20,000 Thb

3 Room,1 Hall and I Balcony the price are 22,000- 24,000 Thb.

Price for Sale:

1 room, 1 Hall, 1 balcony= 1.3-1.8 Million THB

2 room, 1 Hall, 1 balcony= 2.2 - 4.0 Million THB

3 room, 1 Hall, I balcony= 4.0 - 5.0 Million THB

Facility as: Swimming Pool, Gym, Sauna, Laundry.

If you wish to have a look the room than we may be make an appointment or response my e-mail as: [email protected]. My Mobile phone are: 046370414.

Thank you and best regards,

Jackson Ng