Entertainment

kerryk

I was driving on a street parallel to Hauy Kaew and noticed a block of beer bars (6 to 10 of them) one said A Go Go but there was no dancing. I could only see Thai or Nippon men in attendance. Anyone ever been there? Safe for Farang? These were only a few blocks away from The Chiang Mai Orchid.

I was driving on a street parallel to Hauy Kaew and noticed a block of beer bars (6 to 10 of them) one said A Go Go but there was no dancing.  I could only see Thai or Nippon men in attendance.  Anyone ever been there?  Safe for Farang?  These were only a few blocks away from The Chiang Mai Orchid.

Had a fellow tell me a few years about about these places. Thai oriented. But he, and a few fellow Aussies, went there on occasion for ST's. Cheap beers, and cheap ***. Never had the inkling to check them out. But maybe someday... :o

I was driving on a street parallel to Hauy Kaew and noticed a block of beer bars (6 to 10 of them) one said A Go Go but there was no dancing.  I could only see Thai or Nippon men in attendance.  Anyone ever been there?  Safe for Farang?  These were only a few blocks away from The Chiang Mai Orchid.

Had a fellow tell me a few years about about these places. Thai oriented. But he, and a few fellow Aussies, went there on occasion for ST's. Cheap beers, and cheap ***. Never had the inkling to check them out. But maybe someday... :o

Yeah..cheap beers, food as well, sometimes they dont have english written menu..

Cheap ***??? not so sure about it? You know anything about this?

Yeah..cheap beers, food as well, sometimes they dont have english written menu..

Cheap ***??? not so sure about it? You know anything about this?

I was told it was 4-500Bht ST. Rooms pretty dingy. All second-hand info I am afraid. No 1st hand experience there.

Edited by greedisgood

I was told it was 4-500Bht ST. Rooms pretty dingy. All

second-hand info I am afraid. No 1st hand experience there.

I am surprised to hear that in the 20 years since I was last

entertained in a ST room, that dinginess is no longer mandatory. Out

of curiosity, which establishment with such facilities has done away

with the ubiquitous dinginess? Wouldn't a well kept room sort of detract from

what is, after all, the sought after seedy yet pleasurable experience? And I thought one

could get a first hand experience at the table without going to

a room. Some people are just too shy. :o

I was told it was 4-500Bht ST. Rooms pretty dingy. All

second-hand info I am afraid. No 1st hand experience there.

I am surprised to hear that in the 20 years since I was last

entertained in a ST room, that dinginess is no longer mandatory. Out

of curiosity, which establishment with such facilities has done away

with the ubiquitous dinginess? Wouldn't a well kept room sort of detract from

what is, after all, the sought after seedy yet pleasurable experience? And I thought one

could get a first hand experience at the table without going to

a room. Some people are just too shy. :o

The quote of "pretty dingy" was the Aussie's. Not mine :D

My recent dinginess have included Lone Staar Saloon, Washington Sq. Moonshine Joint, Soi Cowboy. And the ever dingy Soi 6 (various establishments) Pattaya.

All within the last 2 weeks. In CM my own place is "dingy" enough :D